[Solved] Prestashop 1.7 Access denied as Admin in BO

Michal

Hi,

I have just made an upgrade of development copy of my store via 1-Click upgrade from 1.6.1.20 (to 1.7.4.2).

Currently I'm getting "Access denied" error when I try to open:

• Orders > Orders
  • Discounts > Catalog Price Rules
  • Customers > Customers
  • Stats
  • Shipping > Preferences
  • International > Localization > Localization
  • Shop Parameters > Order Settings > Order Settings
  • Shop Parameters > Customer Settings > Titles
  • Shop Parameters > Contact > Stores

What coud be the problem? How to fix it?

01.png

Edited by Michal (see edit history)
  • Like 1

My server is following the requirements (I've changed PHP 7.0 to 7.2 - error is still comming).

02.png

Edit: I would also like to add, that new clean installation of Presta is working ok - I'm able to reach BO corners that are unavailable in dev store installation.

I've checked the "incognito" mode, I've also cleaned cahe and cookies in my browser - still access denied.

I've made some kind of an experiment. I've kept my dev stores filesystem on server, but I've cleared DB and restore it with the one from clean Presta. Now I can get to Order and see first example orders from John Doe... I believe this means that the issue reason is in DB. Have you got any idea where to look for it?

EDIT:

Problem Solved! :D

I've restored 'my' DB, removed 'ps_access' table, and restored 'ps_access' from 'clean' DB. Now it all works fine :)

Thank you guys for help!

In attachement there is 'ps_access' table from clean DB - in the case if someone would need it in the future

ps_access.sql.gz

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2018 at 9:39 AM, Michal said:

I've checked the "incognito" mode, I've also cleaned cahe and cookies in my browser - still access denied.

I've made some kind of an experiment. I've kept my dev stores filesystem on server, but I've cleared DB and restore it with the one from clean Presta. Now I can get to Order and see first example orders from John Doe... I believe this means that the issue reason is in DB. Have you got any idea where to look for it?

EDIT:

I've restored 'my' DB, removed 'ps_access' table, and restored 'ps_access' from 'clean' DB. Now it all works fine :)

Thank you guys for help!

In attachement there is 'ps_access' table from clean DB - in the case if someone would need it in the future

ps_access.sql.gz

This fix worked for a client 1.5.0 to 1.7.4.2 upgrade.  Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Solved.

but need a small sql asj to use "link widgets":

INSERT INTO `ps_access` (`id_profile`, `id_authorization_role`) VALUES (1,1037);

INSERT INTO `ps_access` (`id_profile`, `id_authorization_role`) VALUES (1,1038);

INSERT INTO `ps_access` (`id_profile`, `id_authorization_role`) VALUES (1,1039);

INSERT INTO `ps_access` (`id_profile`, `id_authorization_role`) VALUES (1,1040);

Edited by rnervi (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hello, thanks to you guy for providing this solution. I am having similar issue and I hope that the answers provided here will solve it. first of all I need to figure out where to carry out this 

On 03/08/2018 at 4:39 PM, Michal said:

I will appreciate further help. However, let me try few things first of all.

On 03/08/2018 at 4:39 PM, Michal said:

EDIT:

Thank you guys for help!

ps_access.sql.gz

Hello Michal,

could you please give a bit more detail how you removed and restored the ps-access from DB.

Was it through the phpMyAdmin?

I would be glad for your help.

Regards

Hi,

Yes, the whole operation can be made with the phpMyAdmin.

In mine looks like in the screen - sorry for the polish, but in english it should look quite similar.

Just open your PS DB, and find ps_access table. In column 'actions' (polish 'działanie') there shoud be icon 'delete' (polish 'usuń')

01.png

Then click 'Import' on the top menu, then 'choose file' ('wybierz plik'), and then click 'preform' ('wykonaj') 

02.thumb.png.80e71685001590acaa61f1050a7677bb.png

• Thanks 1

Hi Michal,

Thank you so much for the detailed fix information. It actually fixed the problem I had with no access to orders and stats menu.

However, I lost access to all my modules. I tried to reset the modules as suggested by "El patron" but it didn't work.

I will appreciate if anyone has a solution to access my modules again.

I will be waiting for any suggestion for solution, while I continue to search a solution.

Regards

I am still seeking solution to " you are not authorized to configure a module error". If you have information to this issue please help

Here is further error message on the dashboard with debug-mode on

If you have explanations regarding these errors, please get them across. Thank you

Dashboard debug mode error.JPG

On 3/8/2018 at 9:39 AM, Michal said:

EDIT:

Thank you guys for help!

ps_access.sql.gz

Thanks buddy. It solved the bug. Love you.

• Like 1

"You are not authorized to configure a module" Access to all my modules is denied

On 31/08/2018 at 8:49 PM, sbempire said:

The information I get when I try to configur a module is " You are not authorized to configure a module". I am logged in as administrator.

access to module rejected.JPG

On 31/08/2018 at 8:49 PM, sbempire said:

access to module rejected.JPG

E

Has nobody a possible explanation for this bug - You are not authorized to configure a module.

If you know a possible cause, please help!!!

Thank you in advance for helping.

• 1 month later...
On 9/3/2018 at 11:14 AM, sbempire said:

"You are not authorized to configure a module" Access to all my modules is denied

Has nobody a possible explanation for this bug - You are not authorized to configure a module.

Same problem.

Did you resolved?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/3/2018 at 11:14 AM, sbempire said:

Same problem here. Do you have any solutions?

Edit:

Importing ps_access table from attachment solved my problem

ps_access.zip

Edited by Szymon88 (see edit history)
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/3/2018 at 4:39 PM, Michal said:

... / ......

EDIT:

Thank you guys for help!

ps_access.sql.gz

On 8/27/2018 at 6:07 PM, rnervi said:

Solved.

INSERT INTO `ps_access` (`id_profile`, `id_authorization_role`) VALUES (1,1037);

INSERT INTO `ps_access` (`id_profile`, `id_authorization_role`) VALUES (1,1038);

INSERT INTO `ps_access` (`id_profile`, `id_authorization_role`) VALUES (1,1039);

INSERT INTO `ps_access` (`id_profile`, `id_authorization_role`) VALUES (1,1040);

Thanks for both.

It solved the problem for Localisation
Just adapt the id-authorization_role /value (1037 ||  1038 ||  1039 ||  1040) to your DB values, for linkwidget

They are in 'xx_authorization_role’  Table
To get them quickly:

SELECT * FROM `YourDBname`.`ps_authorization_role` WHERE (CONVERT(`id_authorization_role` USING utf8) LIKE '%linkwidget%' OR CONVERT(`slug` USING utf8) LIKE '%linkwidget%')

So I will test this solution for other numerous authorization lost by upgrade from 1.6 to 1.7.0 (not rectified with 1.7.2).
Similar prob. to erase clients, modify shops and so on...
Maybe it'll run too

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2018 at 5:39 PM, Michal said:

EDIT:

Thank you guys for help!

ps_access.sql.gz

It worked for me too, thank you very much

On 7/15/2019 at 11:23 PM, Inform-All said:

Just in case people (like me) have this problem in Prestashop 1.7.6 here is the sql dump for PS 1.7.6:

ps_access.sql

mine doesn't work , It helped to see the Dashboard properly ( didn't before , couldn't see orders on dashboard ) , but when click on orders on side bar I get white page saying:

Oops! An Error Occurred

The server returned a "500 Internal Server Error".

Something is broken. Please let us know what you were doing when this error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

On 8/7/2019 at 10:32 AM, Zeryk said:

mine doesn't work , It helped to see the Dashboard properly ( didn't before , couldn't see orders on dashboard ) , but when click on orders on side bar I get white page saying:

Oops! An Error Occurred

The server returned a "500 Internal Server Error".

Something is broken. Please let us know what you were doing when this error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

Hi,

You get a error message when you turn on Debug mode? 

16 hours ago, Inform-All said:

Hi,

You get a error message when you turn on Debug mode? 

I debug mode I've found out there is a conflict with not existing currency ( Ive deleted long time ago ). I installed the currency back and it works for now 😉

cheers!

I've fixed the BO problem, but products are giving bunch of errors on front page. Once I fix one , something else occur. It tells me that social sharing something on some line is a problem , so I turned off all soc.sharing modules. Then it gives me different error.

/modules/productscategory/views/templates/hook/productscategory.tpl" on line 47 "<span class="price">{convertPrice price=$categoryProduct.displayed_price}</span>" unknown tag 'convertPrice'

I'm tired of trying / debugging!

Just wondering, anybody here made functional transition from long time operating 1.6 ( I mean that you have a customers and orders for year or so ) to fully functional 1.7 version?

Let me know please. Just want to be sure that I'm not attempting something stupid here.

thanks

I managed to upgrade 2 stores from 1.6 to 1.7, but before upgrading I uninstalled all modules and themes that do not come officially. After updating, I received many errors on various modules, so I deleted all modules and imported others from a downloaded Prestashop.
Hope this helps.

20 hours ago, Dorin_M said:

I managed to upgrade 2 stores from 1.6 to 1.7, but before upgrading I uninstalled all modules and themes that do not come officially. After updating, I received many errors on various modules, so I deleted all modules and imported others from a downloaded Prestashop.
Hope this helps.

thanks.

Ive done exactly the same. But have you tried all functions ? Like create new category for example. That's the default function from PS , Im not sure where should I fix it because getting an error on this one now.  I can imagine that problem is just one despite many lines, just causing a chain reaction in php script of files related to echa other. But I'm not a developer , just have a basic knowledge of php and SQL. Yet I wouldn't dare to claim I have a clue what's going on when unfold any of those lines. Kind of I do understand what  "get" or "array" is, but wouldn't have an idea where needs to be changed what.

So I'm asking my self a question if that's worth the hassle , or am I alone on this one? So far you are only 1 person I read who made a successful transformation.

cheers

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 (500 Internal Server Error) 2019-08-10 09-46-15.png

Edited by Zeryk (see edit history)

On 8/10/2019 at 2:45 AM, Zeryk said:

cheers

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 (500 Internal Server Error) 2019-08-10 09-46-15.png

You problem is probably a module! The override of classes/link.php has a error.

Disable all overrides and see if it works. Then try to disable 1 module at the time to find out which one is bugged.

(or check the apache logs, or search the module that overrides this link.php)

thanks, I gave up already 😉

I need to do business , cant spent so many hours / days on debugging and hoping something else will pop out when site is alive.

Might spent more time on 1.7 with next project.

But I appreciate your help, really do. 

cheers!

• 1 month later...
On 8/27/2018 at 6:07 PM, rnervi said:

Solved.

What authorization role are thees bound to in ps_authorization_role? because im experiencing as superadmin, that i cant install or uninstall, activate/deactivate or configure any modules in my installed module list

• 1 month later...

Hello to all,

Have same issue with carrier page - no acess for the carriers.

What I have done:

1. Tried "Fresh" 'ps_access' table

2. Tried to add all missing values from 'ps_authorization_role' to 'ps_access' with folowing code:

INSERT INTO ps_access (id_profile, id_authorization_role) SELECT '1', ar.id_authorization_role FROM ps_authorization_role ar 
  LEFT JOIN ps_access a ON ar.id_authorization_role = a.id_authorization_role 
  WHERE a.id_authorization_role IS NULL

3. Inspected 'ps_authorization_role table' - roles for carriers to modify, delete etc have next ids: 617,618,619,620. All this ids I have in my 'ps_access' table.

All this actions are unseccessfull.

Any ideas or solutions?

Solved:

I had missing values and ids in 'ps_authorization_role' table, for example, ids: 33,34,35,36

Edited by Amantha Bill (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Replacing ps_access table with a table from an empty store may look like it solves the issue, but it is not a fix exactly. Especially if you upgraded well running store with customizations and modules. Replacing the ps_access table will most probably fix your first symptom (not able to open Orders in Back Office), but may cause a lot of access inconsistencies elsewhere. For example, it also solves the problem of Shop parameters > General not being accessible). Here is more details using which you will be able to fix your access issues.

Just for the record, I did it on my store, which was upgraded from 1.6.1.23 to 1.7.6.3

Access to menus depends to roles as they are defined in ps_authorization_role table. This table will look different for a fresh install and for upgraded store. To make your items work properly, you need to find desired roles in ps_authorization_role and assign those roles to access profile in ps_access.

Access to menu items in Back Office is mostly controlled by roles with prefix ROLE_MOD_TAB_, defined in ps_authorization_role table. So to start fixing access rights, you need to identify, which ROLE_MOD_TAB_ roles are not assigned to SuperAdmin (id_profile = 1). It appears that SuperAdmin should have all the ROLE_MOD_TAB_ roles assigned to him.

The query below will give you all the ROLE_MOD_TAB_ roles, that are not assigned to id_profile equal to 1, which typically is the SuperAdmin. You may want to double check that SuperAdmin truly has the id_profile = 1 in ps_profile_lang table. You may also want to double check in ps_employee that your user account has SuperAdmin rights. In this table, your account would normally have id_profile = 1. If not, you will need to adjust the queries below.

Run this query (either in database manager or in Prestashop > Advanced parameters > Database). This list will give you all the roles, which you will need to manually assign to SuperAdmin.

SELECT r.slug, r.id_authorization_role, CONCAT("(1, ", r.id_authorization_role, ")") AS 'Add this to ps_access table'
FROM ps_authorization_role r
LEFT JOIN ps_access a
ON r.id_authorization_role = a.id_authorization_role AND a.id_profile = 1
WHERE r.slug LIKE 'ROLE_MOD_TAB%'
AND NOT EXISTS(SELECT 1 FROM ps_access WHERE id_authorization_role = r.id_authorization_role AND id_profile = 1)
ORDER BY r.slug

Now add required roles to required profile(s). Each role will typically have four sub-roles (actions): Create, Update, Read, Delete. You will need to add all four of them. In my case, I will be adding roles  to id_profile = 1 (SuperAdmin). If your SuperAdmin has different id_profile, you will need to modify all queries. By simple SQL command, you can add the missing records to the ps_access table (you will only be able to do this via database manager. The database manager in Prestashop does not allow INSERT command).

The query above will already give you value pairs, which you can use in INSERT command

Example: To insert one role, in this case role 311 to profile 1.

INSERT INTO ps_access (id_profile, id_authorization_role) VALUES (1, 311)

Or to enter multiple values (always in pairs - profile, role)

INSERT INTO ps_access (id_profile, id_authorization_role) VALUES (1, 311), (1, 870), (1, 360), (1, 615)

You can always come back to the query from above to double check that you correctly added roles to your profile. As soon as the role was correctly assigned, it will disappear from the query. So once the query gives you an empty list, you are done.

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

Thank you @pmates ! 

I have modified a bit to run directly 

INSERT INTO ps_access (id_profile, id_authorization_role)
SELECT 1,  r.id_authorization_role
FROM ps_authorization_role r
LEFT JOIN ps_access a
ON r.id_authorization_role = a.id_authorization_role AND a.id_profile = 1
WHERE r.slug LIKE 'ROLE_MOD_TAB%'
AND NOT EXISTS(SELECT 1 FROM ps_access WHERE id_authorization_role = r.id_authorization_role AND id_profile = 1)
ORDER BY r.slug

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I had this problem and I fix it by following those steps. 

upgrade to prestashop 1.7.6.4

backup first!! 
If you are not confident with databases please don't try this guide.

Those are the steps to follow:
0) backup first your database
1) check if ps_access is empty, in my case it was empty after upgrade
2) go to the table ps_authorization_role and export it as csv
3) open this file, if you use microsoft excel select "Data" > "Text to Column"
4) delete the content in column B
5) insert a column before the column A
6) add =1 in the A1 cell
7) copy this function until the end (you can click CTRL + C and then CTRL + SHIFT + arrow down using windows) and save the file as csv
😎 go to ps_authorization_role, click import and upload the file
9) insert in "Columns separated with" ; and press Go
10) check if all works fine now

Note #1: if the table ps_access isn't empty you have to import only the missing roles
Note #2: if you have other active profiles you have to repeat those steps also for the other profiles

you can see also the video tutorial

for more details see https://www.kuboweb.it/tutorials/prestashop-access-denied-in-back-office-after-upgrade/

• 2 months later...

I upgrade from version 1.7.6.4 to 1.7.6.5 and have the same problem in product an stocks.

There is no issue in the SuperAdmin account but in all other account this issue is found.

A workaround  to fix this issue I found is to add read only "translations" to the permissions of all those accounts.

Somehow there goes something wrong with the translations.

I hope Prestashop will fix this issue soon.

• 1 month later...

So, this is still not fixed ;(

You could populate the missing roles to the superadmin using:

INSERT into ps_access (id_profile, id_authorization_role)
SELECT 1, par.id_authorization_role 
FROM ps_authorization_role par
WHERE par.id_authorization_role NOT IN (
SELECT pa.id_authorization_role FROM ps_access pa
WHERE pa.id_profile = 1
)

not sure why this is not at the 1-click module yet

Edited by Lucas (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

SOLVED

I also have this problem. SOLUTION FOR EVERY ACCESS PROBLEM!!

I compared original table ps_authorization_role on database after clean installation with my actual table. I do it in excel, and i found (for me) that in the actual table i miss this role:
ROLE_MOD_TAB_ADMINFEATURES_CREATE, ROLE_MOD_TAB_ADMINFEATURES_DELETE, ROLE_MOD_TAB_ADMINFEATURES_CREATE, ROLE_MOD_TAB_ADMINFEATURES_UPDATE, ROLE_MOD_TAB_ADMINFEATURES_READ. So i added it into my table.

After i added association with admin profile ID in table ps_access in my actual db (i.e. id_profile=1, id_authorization_role = 1270). 1270 is id of new row in ps_authorization_role of ROLE_MOD_TAB_ADMINFEATURES_CREATE. I do it for every new row in ps_authorization_role.

AND IT WORK

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/24/2020 at 12:24 PM, softhink said:

SOLVED

I also have this problem. SOLUTION FOR EVERY ACCESS PROBLEM!!

I compared original table ps_authorization_role on database after clean installation with my actual table. I do it in excel, and i found (for me) that in the actual table i miss this role:
ROLE_MOD_TAB_ADMINFEATURES_CREATE, ROLE_MOD_TAB_ADMINFEATURES_DELETE, ROLE_MOD_TAB_ADMINFEATURES_CREATE, ROLE_MOD_TAB_ADMINFEATURES_UPDATE, ROLE_MOD_TAB_ADMINFEATURES_READ. So i added it into my table.

After i added association with admin profile ID in table ps_access in my actual db (i.e. id_profile=1, id_authorization_role = 1270). 1270 is id of new row in ps_authorization_role of ROLE_MOD_TAB_ADMINFEATURES_CREATE. I do it for every new row in ps_authorization_role.

AND IT WORK

INSERT IGNORE INTO `ps_authorization_role` (`slug`) VALUES
  ('ROLE_MOD_TAB_DEFAULT_CREATE'),
  ('ROLE_MOD_TAB_DEFAULT_READ'),
  ('ROLE_MOD_TAB_DEFAULT_UPDATE'),
  ('ROLE_MOD_TAB_DEFAULT_DELETE');

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2021 at 12:43 PM, Massimiliano Palermo said:

Solved issue with this query that reset all permissions in SuperAdmin

delete from ps_access where id_profile = 1;
insert into ps_access (id_profile, id_authorization_role) select '1' as id_profile, id_authorization_role from ps_authorization_role;

This did the trick for me - thank you

• 1 month later...

A REAL SIMPLE & EASY FIX FOR "ACCESS DENIED" ERRORS

Well I finally figured out the fix for the "Access Denied" error messages in the PrestaShop Admin back-end after updating from 1.6 to 1.7 in PS Admin using the one-click update.. 

In the cPanel if you go to the PrestaShop 1.6 installation page in "TOP APPLICATIONS" then at the bottom it displays the 1.6 PS version click on "Edit Installation Details" - there will be a Softaculous message to say that the version is 1.7 and not 1.6 - click here to update our records. Once this is done it updates the PS version to 1.7. Then go to website PS back-end Admin and all the Sub-menu  links work.

Its that simple.

p.s. Some of you had issues with PS One-click update to UPGRADE from 1.6 to 1.7 - it does work. You need to scroll down to Channel in the One-click module configuration and select *Major Release then Save your selection. Then do a version check again and PS 1.7 will be displayed for download. Once you are done upgrading go to your cPanel and follow the above instructions to avoid the "Access Denied" errors in the PS Admin back-end.

• 2 months later...
On 3/2/2021 at 1:43 PM, Massimiliano Palermo said:

Solved issue with this query that reset all permissions in SuperAdmin

delete from ps_access where id_profile = 1;
insert into ps_access (id_profile, id_authorization_role) select '1' as id_profile, id_authorization_role from ps_authorization_role;

Solved for me too! Thank you!

• 1 year later...