Michal

[Solved] Prestashop 1.7 Access denied as Admin in BO

Hi,

I have just made an upgrade of development copy of my store via 1-Click upgrade from 1.6.1.20 (to 1.7.4.2).

Currently I'm getting "Access denied" error when I try to open:

• Orders > Orders
  • Discounts > Catalog Price Rules
  • Customers > Customers
  • Stats
  • Shipping > Preferences
  • International > Localization > Localization
  • Shop Parameters > Order Settings > Order Settings
  • Shop Parameters > Customer Settings > Titles
  • Shop Parameters > Contact > Stores

What coud be the problem? How to fix it?

01.png

Edited by Michal (see edit history)
  • Like 1

My server is following the requirements (I've changed PHP 7.0 to 7.2 - error is still comming).

02.png

Edit: I would also like to add, that new clean installation of Presta is working ok - I'm able to reach BO corners that are unavailable in dev store installation.

Server requirements are ok. If clean install works, than it must be an old module or theme you was using and this is still in effect.

Can you try to clear your browser cache and cookies ? You can also test using "incognito" private browsing mode. If it works with "incognito" mode it is related to your cookies & cache

I've checked the "incognito" mode, I've also cleaned cahe and cookies in my browser - still access denied.

I've made some kind of an experiment. I've kept my dev stores filesystem on server, but I've cleared DB and restore it with the one from clean Presta. Now I can get to Order and see first example orders from John Doe... I believe this means that the issue reason is in DB. Have you got any idea where to look for it?

EDIT:

Problem Solved! :D

I've restored 'my' DB, removed 'ps_access' table, and restored 'ps_access' from 'clean' DB. Now it all works fine :)

Thank you guys for help!

In attachement there is 'ps_access' table from clean DB - in the case if someone would need it in the future

ps_access.sql.gz

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 8/3/2018 at 9:39 AM, Michal said:

I've checked the "incognito" mode, I've also cleaned cahe and cookies in my browser - still access denied.

I've made some kind of an experiment. I've kept my dev stores filesystem on server, but I've cleared DB and restore it with the one from clean Presta. Now I can get to Order and see first example orders from John Doe... I believe this means that the issue reason is in DB. Have you got any idea where to look for it?

EDIT:

I've restored 'my' DB, removed 'ps_access' table, and restored 'ps_access' from 'clean' DB. Now it all works fine :)

Thank you guys for help!

In attachement there is 'ps_access' table from clean DB - in the case if someone would need it in the future

ps_access.sql.gz

This fix worked for a client 1.5.0 to 1.7.4.2 upgrade.  Thank you!

Solved.

but need a small sql asj to use "link widgets":

INSERT INTO `ps_access` (`id_profile`, `id_authorization_role`) VALUES (1,1037);

INSERT INTO `ps_access` (`id_profile`, `id_authorization_role`) VALUES (1,1038);

INSERT INTO `ps_access` (`id_profile`, `id_authorization_role`) VALUES (1,1039);

INSERT INTO `ps_access` (`id_profile`, `id_authorization_role`) VALUES (1,1040);

Edited by rnervi (see edit history)

On 8/11/2018 at 3:50 PM, El Patron said:

This fix worked for a client 1.5.0 to 1.7.4.2 upgrade.  Thank you!

we also found later issues and for those we reset the module, so of import does not solve all then try reset module.

Hello, thanks to you guy for providing this solution. I am having similar issue and I hope that the answers provided here will solve it. first of all I need to figure out where to carry out this 

On 03/08/2018 at 4:39 PM, Michal said:

I will appreciate further help. However, let me try few things first of all.

On 03/08/2018 at 4:39 PM, Michal said:

EDIT:

Thank you guys for help!

ps_access.sql.gz

Hello Michal,

could you please give a bit more detail how you removed and restored the ps-access from DB.

Was it through the phpMyAdmin?

I would be glad for your help.

Regards

Hi,

Yes, the whole operation can be made with the phpMyAdmin.

In mine looks like in the screen - sorry for the polish, but in english it should look quite similar.

Just open your PS DB, and find ps_access table. In column 'actions' (polish 'działanie') there shoud be icon 'delete' (polish 'usuń')

01.png

Then click 'Import' on the top menu, then 'choose file' ('wybierz plik'), and then click 'preform' ('wykonaj') 

02.thumb.png.80e71685001590acaa61f1050a7677bb.png

• Thanks 1

Hi Michal,

Thank you so much for the detailed fix information. It actually fixed the problem I had with no access to orders and stats menu.

However, I lost access to all my modules. I tried to reset the modules as suggested by "El patron" but it didn't work.

I will appreciate if anyone has a solution to access my modules again.

I will be waiting for any suggestion for solution, while I continue to search a solution.

Regards

6 minutes ago, sbempire said:

However, I lost access to all my modules.

what is message when you access your modules?

Edited by El Patron (see edit history)

The information I get when I try to configur a module is " You are not authorized to configure a module". I am logged in as administrator.

access to module rejected.JPG

Edited by sbempire (see edit history)

Hi El patron,

the attached images are other information from debug mode from the theme editor.

Please see5b89b8b0b2a0a_Themeeditordebugmodeerroralert_Exception.thumb.JPG.17e586f2bac0f612ada9c2c869e4ec73.JPG

Theme editor debug mode error alert_logs.JPG

Theme editor debug mode error alert_stack trace.JPG

Hi El patron,

the attached images are other information from debug mode from the theme editor.

Please see5b89b8b0b2a0a_Themeeditordebugmodeerroralert_Exception.thumb.JPG.17e586f2bac0f612ada9c2c869e4ec73.JPG

I am still seeking solution to " you are not authorized to configure a module error". If you have information to this issue please help

Here is further error message on the dashboard with debug-mode on

If you have explanations regarding these errors, please get them across. Thank you

Dashboard debug mode error.JPG

On 3/8/2018 at 9:39 AM, Michal said:

EDIT:

Thank you guys for help!

ps_access.sql.gz

Thanks buddy. It solved the bug. Love you.

• Like 1

"You are not authorized to configure a module" Access to all my modules is denied

On 31/08/2018 at 8:49 PM, sbempire said:

The information I get when I try to configur a module is " You are not authorized to configure a module". I am logged in as administrator.

On 31/08/2018 at 8:49 PM, sbempire said:

E

Has nobody a possible explanation for this bug - You are not authorized to configure a module.

If you know a possible cause, please help!!!

Thank you in advance for helping.

On 9/3/2018 at 11:14 AM, sbempire said:

"You are not authorized to configure a module" Access to all my modules is denied

Has nobody a possible explanation for this bug - You are not authorized to configure a module.

Same problem.

Did you resolved?

Hello! In my case i solved this issue with a simple MySQL query:

INSERT INTO ps_access (id_profile, id_authorization_role) VALUES (1,4),(1,24),(1,34),(1,45),(1,50),(1,57),(1,58);

Cheers!

Upgrading from 1.6 to 1.7 lead to "Access Denied" problem. The solution with replacing ps_access table as @Michal suggest, work like a charm.

Try to rename (ex. add suffix _bak) table instead of deleting it - always good behaviour.

If you need further assistance, touch me by hello@panther.software

ps_access.sql

• Like 1

On 9/3/2018 at 11:14 AM, sbempire said:

Same problem here. Do you have any solutions?

Edit:

Importing ps_access table from attachment solved my problem

ps_access.zip

Edited by Szymon88 (see edit history)
  • Thanks 2

Hi

I deleted old ps_access and imported the one which is attached to this forum. My one issue resolved but another issue happened. Now I cannot have access to modules configuration. How to solve it?

Thanks

On 8/3/2018 at 4:39 PM, Michal said:

... / ......

EDIT:

Thank you guys for help!

ps_access.sql.gz

On 8/27/2018 at 6:07 PM, rnervi said:

Solved.

INSERT INTO `ps_access` (`id_profile`, `id_authorization_role`) VALUES (1,1037);

INSERT INTO `ps_access` (`id_profile`, `id_authorization_role`) VALUES (1,1038);

INSERT INTO `ps_access` (`id_profile`, `id_authorization_role`) VALUES (1,1039);

INSERT INTO `ps_access` (`id_profile`, `id_authorization_role`) VALUES (1,1040);

Thanks for both.

It solved the problem for Localisation
Just adapt the id-authorization_role /value (1037 ||  1038 ||  1039 ||  1040) to your DB values, for linkwidget

They are in 'xx_authorization_role’  Table
To get them quickly:

SELECT * FROM `YourDBname`.`ps_authorization_role` WHERE (CONVERT(`id_authorization_role` USING utf8) LIKE '%linkwidget%' OR CONVERT(`slug` USING utf8) LIKE '%linkwidget%')

So I will test this solution for other numerous authorization lost by upgrade from 1.6 to 1.7.0 (not rectified with 1.7.2).
Similar prob. to erase clients, modify shops and so on...
Maybe it'll run too

On 2/14/2019 at 9:02 AM, Szymon88 said:

Same problem here. Do you have any solutions?

Edit:

Importing ps_access table from attachment solved my problem

ps_access.zip

Thank you, Szymon88 ... your table inserts saved me a lot of headache

On 8/3/2018 at 5:39 PM, Michal said:

EDIT:

Thank you guys for help!

ps_access.sql.gz

It worked for me too, thank you very much

On 7/15/2019 at 11:23 PM, Inform-All said:

Just in case people (like me) have this problem in Prestashop 1.7.6 here is the sql dump for PS 1.7.6:

ps_access.sql

mine doesn't work , It helped to see the Dashboard properly ( didn't before , couldn't see orders on dashboard ) , but when click on orders on side bar I get white page saying:

Oops! An Error Occurred

The server returned a "500 Internal Server Error".

Something is broken. Please let us know what you were doing when this error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

On 8/7/2019 at 10:32 AM, Zeryk said:

mine doesn't work , It helped to see the Dashboard properly ( didn't before , couldn't see orders on dashboard ) , but when click on orders on side bar I get white page saying:

Oops! An Error Occurred

The server returned a "500 Internal Server Error".

Something is broken. Please let us know what you were doing when this error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

Hi,

You get a error message when you turn on Debug mode? 

16 hours ago, Inform-All said:

Hi,

You get a error message when you turn on Debug mode? 

I debug mode I've found out there is a conflict with not existing currency ( Ive deleted long time ago ). I installed the currency back and it works for now 😉

cheers!

I've fixed the BO problem, but products are giving bunch of errors on front page. Once I fix one , something else occur. It tells me that social sharing something on some line is a problem , so I turned off all soc.sharing modules. Then it gives me different error.

/modules/productscategory/views/templates/hook/productscategory.tpl" on line 47 "<span class="price">{convertPrice price=$categoryProduct.displayed_price}</span>" unknown tag 'convertPrice'

I'm tired of trying / debugging!

Just wondering, anybody here made functional transition from long time operating 1.6 ( I mean that you have a customers and orders for year or so ) to fully functional 1.7 version?

Let me know please. Just want to be sure that I'm not attempting something stupid here.

thanks

I managed to upgrade 2 stores from 1.6 to 1.7, but before upgrading I uninstalled all modules and themes that do not come officially. After updating, I received many errors on various modules, so I deleted all modules and imported others from a downloaded Prestashop.
Hope this helps.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Dorin_M said:

I managed to upgrade 2 stores from 1.6 to 1.7, but before upgrading I uninstalled all modules and themes that do not come officially. After updating, I received many errors on various modules, so I deleted all modules and imported others from a downloaded Prestashop.
Hope this helps.

thanks.

Ive done exactly the same. But have you tried all functions ? Like create new category for example. That's the default function from PS , Im not sure where should I fix it because getting an error on this one now.  I can imagine that problem is just one despite many lines, just causing a chain reaction in php script of files related to echa other. But I'm not a developer , just have a basic knowledge of php and SQL. Yet I wouldn't dare to claim I have a clue what's going on when unfold any of those lines. Kind of I do understand what  "get" or "array" is, but wouldn't have an idea where needs to be changed what.

So I'm asking my self a question if that's worth the hassle , or am I alone on this one? So far you are only 1 person I read who made a successful transformation.

cheers

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 (500 Internal Server Error) 2019-08-10 09-46-15.png

Edited by Zeryk (see edit history)

On 8/10/2019 at 2:45 AM, Zeryk said:

cheers

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 (500 Internal Server Error) 2019-08-10 09-46-15.png

You problem is probably a module! The override of classes/link.php has a error.

Disable all overrides and see if it works. Then try to disable 1 module at the time to find out which one is bugged.

(or check the apache logs, or search the module that overrides this link.php)

thanks, I gave up already 😉

I need to do business , cant spent so many hours / days on debugging and hoping something else will pop out when site is alive.

Might spent more time on 1.7 with next project.

But I appreciate your help, really do. 

cheers!

On 8/27/2018 at 6:07 PM, rnervi said:

Solved.

What authorization role are thees bound to in ps_authorization_role? because im experiencing as superadmin, that i cant install or uninstall, activate/deactivate or configure any modules in my installed module list

Hello to all,

Have same issue with carrier page - no acess for the carriers.

What I have done:

1. Tried "Fresh" 'ps_access' table

2. Tried to add all missing values from 'ps_authorization_role' to 'ps_access' with folowing code:

INSERT INTO ps_access (id_profile, id_authorization_role) SELECT '1', ar.id_authorization_role FROM ps_authorization_role ar 
  LEFT JOIN ps_access a ON ar.id_authorization_role = a.id_authorization_role 
  WHERE a.id_authorization_role IS NULL

3. Inspected 'ps_authorization_role table' - roles for carriers to modify, delete etc have next ids: 617,618,619,620. All this ids I have in my 'ps_access' table.

All this actions are unseccessfull.

Any ideas or solutions?

Solved:

I had missing values and ids in 'ps_authorization_role' table, for example, ids: 33,34,35,36

Edited by Amantha Bill (see edit history)