Undefined Parser::parseFile method after upgrade to 1.7.4.2

Hello,

After upgrading from 1.7.3 to 1.7.4.2 when accessing the prestashop administration I'm getting the following error:

Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method Symfony\\Component\\Yaml\\Parser::parseFile() in /vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/Loader/YamlFileLoader.php:667

I revised the existence of the file /vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Yaml/Parser.php in the server and is actually there but maybe I'm not revising the correct file.

I already uploaded from the prestashop clean download all the vendor directory but I still get the same error.

Does someone know hot to fix it?

Thank you,

Alex

8 minutes ago, AlexOtero32 said:

I just had the same error trying to upgrade from Presta 1.6.1.10 to 1.6.1.20

Anyone knows how to fix it?

??? PS 1.6. is built on smarty framework and not symfony framework. Are you sure it is the same error ? If yes than you are talking about PS 1.7. and not PS 1.6 !! If it is another error, than please open new, own topic with your specific problem.

@AlexOtero32 - Yes you are right. On latest PS 1.6. versions there were some parts in symfony for to have a better compliance with upgrades. So please follow my latest answer and let us know which php-version you are using? For PS 1.6.1.11 onwards you should use at least php 5.6.30 onwards or php 7 and mysql 5.6.x or 5.7.x.

See my revised and in production tested requirements to the server in specific: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/633856-server-requirements-tested-in-production-for-ps-16/

Hello @selectshop.at

Here I attach you the details about server:

Php version: 7.1.2, FPM

Server: Apache

Database: MySQL, v10.0.35

I revised permissions for vendor directory and where ok although I forced update to 755 just in case. As well revised the YamlFileLoader.php permissions.

Is it possible that has something to do with the composer files that is not really loading the file in /vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Yaml/Parser.php?

Thank you,

Edited by alexll
YamlFileLoader.php permissions add (see edit history)

Presashop 1.7.4. does not run with php 7.1. I made several tests and was also involved on the debugging of this version. Didn't have any luck with php versions under 7.2. So try to upgrade the php-version on your server, or stay with PS 1.7.3.latest. This one is still compatible with php 7.1.

See also revised and tested server configuration I wrote here: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/633857-server-requirements-for-ps-17/

Thank you selectshop.at!

I will have to talk to my server provider because they still do not provide php 7.2 due to that is a recent version from 19th of July.

Once made the changes I will come back to you to let you know.

Thank you,

Am 7.8.2018 um 9:28 AM schrieb Neil Trinh:

To fix this upgrading issue, please go to the modules/ps_facetedsearch folder >> Find Vendor folder >> Remove it or change its name.

Thanks, worked perfectly for me upgrading 1.7.2.4 to 1.7.4.2. Now the real work can begin. Thank you very much.

• 5 months later...