Cannot hook any module to displayMaintenance

Hello

I wanted to hook the social media follow module to the displayMaintenance hook but it came up with an error: 

ContextErrorException in Module.php line 2221:
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object

According to this documentation, this hook displays new elements on the maintenance page.

Same thing happens when you try to use a global variable that contains {$urls} like {$urls.theme_assets}  and {$urls.base_url}

Is this a bug or am I doing anything wrong?

Edited by ajaxthemestudios
Spelling correction (see edit history)

Hello,

I think you are wrong, the variable {$urls} exist only in the tpl where it was added, but in PS 1,7 there is a new way to get the url inside of any Smarty file, here an explanation: https://webkul.com/blog/links-creation-on-tpl-files-in-prestashop-1-7-using-url/

And there is one more there in the PrestaShop blog, but I can't find it.

Regards!

1 hour ago, Rolige said:

Hello,

I think you are wrong, the variable {$urls} exist only in the tpl where it was added, but in PS 1,7 there is a new way to get the url inside of any Smarty file, here an explanation: https://webkul.com/blog/links-creation-on-tpl-files-in-prestashop-1-7-using-url/

And there is one more there in the PrestaShop blog, but I can't find it.

Regards!

Thanks for your response. Inserting those variables inside maintenance.tpl brings those errors. I have tested it, It seems it only accept global variables that generates shop information such as shop logo, shop name, etc. The ones for customers, orders or urls gives those errors. Thanks for the link. I will study it and see if it solves the problems.