Which version of PrestaShop should I use

Honestly? Use Thirty Bees It's a 1.6 branch if it really has to be PrestaShop.

This community is dead. 1.6 is done with as far as PrestaShop is concerned and 1.7 is buggy AF. The cldr framework they use is outdated and not supported anymore, so they have to build their own. Appareantly scheduled for 1.7.5 but honestly? Their built in affiliate module offers front office tracking for affiliates, so that they can track their earnings. That thing however is reported to be broken for 10 months now. Still not fixed. Just look at the forge. There are so many fundamental problems that are just disregarded by stating "there are more important things to fix".

And if you need some more inspiration, just check my user profile. I haven't received a single answer on any of my posts and solved all of my problems myself. This community is dead. Literally. If somebody will answer you, it's an agency owner or module creator who ultimately wants you to use Prestashop because he might earn money from you using it.

If you can avoid using Prestashop, I'd highly recommend against it. Sadly I'm stuck with it because I didn't do the research beforehand and invested too much time already (and money) into getting my store 80% there.

Will I switch as soon as the store creates big enough of an revenue? At this point, that isn't even a question anymore.

Edited by Vailry (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 2018-07-30 at 4:22 AM, NemoPS said:

Thirtybees

Just tested it, it runs awesome, what a speed improvement. 2500 commits and new features since fork of 1.6.1.11

But I don't agree with users as @Vailry, PrestaShop 1.6 is not buggy, usually people complain about something before getting a dev to fix the theme or other things, sounding like cheap asses thinking everything should work 100% out of the box. 99% of my bugs was from the theme or modules themselves and not PrestaShop.

I will keep to use PrestaShop for quite  a while, there are no major bugs, no security issues, if there is so what, find me platform that doesn't have any bugs, it's a complete system at least from other platforms. I rather then go with Thirty Bees, I'm not familiar with 1.7 and it's still in a very early stage, time will tell if 1.7 will be my choice for the future.

Edited by nicoX (see edit history)
  • Like 1