[SOLVED] Chosing language by domain and not by cookie?

Jikdor

Hello Presta forums!

I have 2 domains for my website, one .se for Swedish and a .com domain for English and I would like them to control what language that is used and not load it from a cookie and the flag icons will just point to the different domains. This should be a simple edit but I can not find where is the code the language ID is defined. I was thinking something like:

if ($_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] == "psybackdrops.com") {
   $id_lang = "1";
}
elseif ($_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] == "www.psybackdrops.com") {
   $id_lang = "1";
}
elseif ($_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] == "psybackdrops.se") {
   $id_lang = "4";
} 
elseif ($_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] == "www.psybackdrops.se") {
   $id_lang = "4";
}

So where in the source code does presta find out what language id to use and how do I edit it to work as I want? I'm thinking it is in smarty.config.inc.php but being a php noob and not slept in days I failed to figure it out and make it work. Help would be very appreciated!!

You must change it in the cookie. For example:

if ($_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] == "psybackdrops.com" OR $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] == "www.psybackdrops.com") 
   $cookie->id_lang = 1;
elseif ($_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] == "psybackdrops.se" OR $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] == "www.psybackdrops.se") 
   $cookie->id_lang = 4;

• 2 weeks later...

It nows does change the language, but does the oposit of what I want. Used English for the se domain and Swedish for the com. Weird. I don't understand at all why its acting this way, makes no sense!

NVM got it working

Edit:

Nope it's not working as I want after all, it sometimes workes, sometimes it don't!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

yes, but you must change file FrontContoller.php from classes after line 116.

Tools::switchLanguage();

code:

if ($_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] == "psybackdrops.com" OR $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] == "www.psybackdrops.com")
$cookie->id_lang = 1;
elseif ($_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] == "psybackdrops.se" OR $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] == "www.psybackdrops.se")
$cookie->id_lang = 4;

yes, but you must change file FrontContoller.php from classes after line 116.

Tools::switchLanguage();

code:

$cookie->id_lang = 1;
$cookie->id_lang = 4;

Thanks for this Skurek! Should this code replace the following code?:

if (!defined('_USER_ID_LANG_'))
define('_USER_ID_LANG_', (int)$cookie->id_lang);

And also, how would I set up the second domain on the registrar site? If one is the prestashop domain, how do I configure the other one?

• 1 year later...

I like to switch language initially based on the .TLD of the domain (so .fr .de .co.uk etc) for PS 1.5. I did this in PS 1.3 in the init.php. I think it should now be in frontController like proposed but 1.5 doesn't have switchLanguage() It does have Tools::setCookieLanguage($this->context->cookie); and I tried to switch in the override for Tools class. The code was functioning BUT something before this code is already setting the cookie. And a only want to set the language when no language is selected yet.