Site will not show more than 12 products

Hello,

After we upgraded more than a year ago from 1.4 to 1.6 anytime there are more products than can be shown on one page it will not load any more products on the next page. For example, our site is set to at default to show 12 products per page. Anytime you want to see more than the first 12 you get the error "No products found"  If I change to the default amount viewable we can show more products no problem but if they take up more than one page then the same error occurs. Any ideas why this is happening? I think it's a DB problem but I know nothing about DBs.

Thanks for any help.

Zed

Thanks Nemo,

This definitely helped but as usual with most things Presta I have no idea why. 

First, I have no idea if I can tell if I am running any modules that are made for 1.4. I assumed the program would check this and warn me or, at the very least, the person I paid to do the upgrade would disable or remove any conflicting modules. 

Upon looking at the Layered Navigation Block module, that was installed and enabled, I realized I had no idea what this module did exactly and where it should be visible on the front end. All I know is that the version on my site is 2.2.1. Even after doing some research I am still a bit confused on it's use is and if that version was/is compatible with 1.6. I cannot find this module anywhere but on GitHub. So I have disabled it and now I can see past page one of a product if needed. I probably want this module running but like I say I am still unsure how and where.

Thanks again