Need to give different "payment accepted" order status to virtual, downloadable products when they are processed.

codemonkey

Hi,

I really need to separate my products such that when a downloadable product is ordered it is given a different payment accepted order status, like maybe "payment accepted - virtual product." I want all of my shippable products to still get the regular "payment accepted" order status when the order is processed.

Does anyone know how I can go about doing this? I need this functionality because when I print out all of my "payment accepted" invoices, I am wasting a tremendous amount of paper removing all of the virtual product invoices. I only need to print the invoices for the shippable items.

I would be extremely grateful for any help with this issue.

Thanks in advance!

-Damian

(I should also clarify that I'm looking for an automated solution. I don't want to manually change all of the virtual products' order statuses to something different. I would like them to be automatically assigned a "payment accepted -virtual product" order status when the payment validation is complete. Is this possible?)

I assume that this applies to orders that only contain downloadable items.

You would have to make this change in any payment module you use.

In the last part when the order is validated (function validateOrder() a variable with the ID of the order status is sent to the fucntion.

You would have to check the products in the cart and see if any of them is not downloadable, if you wind one, keep the default order status, otherwise use the new status (you'll need to create one and take note of its ID).

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

It turns out that I'm using your authorize.net payment module. I assume what you're talking about is in validation.php? Could you tell what line it's on? Also, sorry for my ignorance, but I'm confused about how I would go about checking if a product is downloadable or not and then assigning it the new order status if it is. Have any pointers for me? I'd really appreciate some direction.

Thanks!