Error: GA Checkout form tracker is turned on, but pageTracker variable is undefined.

jreimer

Hello all,

I have just got my SSL cert up and working, and after a lot of troubleshooting it seems to be working reasonably fine here: http://hisgifts.com.au.

However - when you click on "checkout" it gives a popup error "
GA Checkout form tracker is turned on, but pageTracker variable is undefined."

I can't figure out what on earth is causing this. I've tried uninstalling Google Analytics, and while it gives me one less error in the error logs, it doesn't solve the problem. My error logs (after uninstalling Google Analytics) are as follows:

[Thu Jan 13 22:44:00 2011] [error] [client 124.149.87.129] File does not exist: /home/his18543/public_html/hisgifts.com.au, referer: https://hisgifts.com.au/order.php?step=1

Can't find anything else on the forums about this error - any ideas anyone? Weird thing is if you click "okay" you can go through the rest of checkout without any dramas, but it certainly doesn't instill confidence.

Thanks!!

Joshua

I should add that the error occurs with or without One Page Checkout installed, and I have also just upgraded from 1.2.2 to v1.3.6 of Prestashop at the same time as adding my SSL certificate, not sure if that is something to do with it...

It is absolutely bizzare, since there is no reference to Google Analytics anywhere on the page!! Any ideas, anyone?? I'm pulling my hair out here...

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It could be another module that is causing the error disable any third party modules one by one and test to see it its that module. GA has its problems but they have to do with order / tracking process.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OK, I just found out that it is a One Page Checkout module problem. You either need to turn off the GA checkout form tracker in the module configuration or update the GA script as Google is doing all these updates and changes currently. Please report if this helps. I am searching how to update the GA script right now.