BOffice permissions for selected Profile

alex32

You don't need to edit any code. Just go to Employees > Profiles, create a new profile, then go to Employees > Permissions, select the profile in the dropdown, then untick all the tabs you don't want employees with that profile to access.

Many thanks Rocky

I've given permissions only for Catalog and that customization is good but the 4 checkboxes (under permissions) refers in this case to both Categories and Products . What I need is :

- the user should have 100% permissions ONLY on his own products (other products should be hidden)
- Categories should be always ReadOnly (no modification or delete, much better if the line icons are hidden)

could you please let me know how to achieve that ?

many thanks

many thanks ,

meanwhile assuming the Login of each visitor is done with cookies, do you know how to check who is logged in PShop at php level ?
Is there any user guide for developers or any advanced article on how-to create a new module ?

It's easy to get the number of visitors online, but it is difficult to get the number of customers online, since PrestaShop doesn't link the guest data with the customer data. You will just end up with a whole lot of id_guest and have no idea whether they are customers or not.

I'm currently writing a PrestaShop v1.4 Development Guide. I'm very busy and there's a lot to cover though. So far, I've written how to override controllers, classes and modules, and how to write a basic module. I still have to cover Back Office tabs, payment modules, shipping modules and module hooks.

In the meantime, there an old tutorial here that might help.