[SOLVED] Please help - Show specific icon if product is in category id

plauengco

Hello,

I want to show a "Glow in the Dark" button for any products belonging in my Glow in the Dark category when viewed in product-list.tpl.

I'm assuming it's very similar to how the "New" button is being displayed using the code:

{if $product.new == 1}{l s='new'}{/if}

Any ideas as far as doing something similar by displaying a button if a product belongs to a specific category?

Thank you.

-Paul

Do you want all products on the "Glow in the Dark" category listings page to glow? You can change line 22 of product-list.tpl from:

{l s='Add to cart'}

to:

{l s='Add to cart'}

Change 2 to the ID of the "Glow in the Dark" category. This will add a "glow" class on the "Add to cart" buttons for that category, which you can use to style just those buttons.

Hi rocky,
Thank you very much for the help. I really appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Basically I have a category called "glow in the dark". Certain products in this category also belong in other categories.

What I am trying to do is to add a "glow in the dark" icon to any product that is in "glow in the dark" (category id# 33), no matter which category it's being viewed in.

I have tried 3 of the following codes. The first one only adds the icon whenever I am viewing the glow in the dark category. The last two do no work.

{if $smarty.get.id_category == 33} 

{/if}

{if $product->id_category_default == 33} 

{/if}

{if $product->id_category == 33} 

{/if}

Any ideas rocky?

Thanks again!

The only solution I can think of is to set the default category of each product to the "Glow in the Dark" category, then use the following code in product-list.tpl:

{if $product.id_category_default == 33}

That should work. When you go to a product through a category, that category will be displayed in the breadcrumb bar. The only problem is that if you go directly to a product or through another page, the "Glow in the Dark" category will be displayed in the breadcrumb bar.

• 2 weeks later...