I installed PrestaShop 1.6.1.12 in a local machine, but I'm having trouble using copy of MySql database from live site

Hi,

I've google search and found several topics, I've spent several hours trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong but I'm having difficulties, so I need your help, I just want a copy of my site in a local machine so I can use more hardware (database is what matters the most).

I installed WAMP, download the site using FTP, backup database and restore it using phpMyAdmin, can't make it work. So I've decided to do it in another way, fresh PrestaShop 1.6.1.12 install (same version of live site) and new database with the same name and prefix, this works! Then I imported the site database and changed their names so I can "fool" PrestaShop into using the one I want, I also made the following edits to the site database:

Search for table "yourprefix_configuration", then search for this names:

"PS_SHOP_DOMAIN", change value to localhost

"PS_SHOP_DOMAIN_SSL", change value to localhost

Search for table "yourprefix_shop_url", edit (column name):

"domain", put localhost

"domain_ssl", put localhost

"physical_uri", put /yourfolder/

I've copied the above data from the working database, so at least that settings are the same, but when I try to go to the store I get "We can’t connect to the server ", what am I missing?

This is driving me insane, please help, thanks!

Edited by Black RL (see edit history)

I've tried a couple more things and I was able to make the backoffice work! I was inspired by this topic:

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/259761-move-from-server-to-localhost/#comment-1298566

But I did it slightly different (note that frontoffice doesn't work for me):

1) Install a fresh PS on local (so I created a DB on local)

2) When installation finishes you get a link to the backoffice/admin area, save it!

3) Delete all tables from data-base

4) Import all the tables downloaded from your on line web-store data-base in the local data-base

5) Search for table "yourprefix_configuration", then search for this names:

"PS_SHOP_DOMAIN", change value to localhost

"PS_SHOP_DOMAIN_SSL", change value to localhost

Search for table "yourprefix_shop_url", edit (column name):

"domain", put localhost

"domain_ssl", put localhost

"physical_uri", put /yourfolder/

6) Couldn't login so I followed this instructions to reset password:

https://www.hostinger.com/tutorials/prestashop/how-to-reset-prestashop-admin-password

Done!