Sign in to follow this  
shopeasy

AUSTRALIAN BANK payment modules - We need one badly

Hi all,

There are only a few post's regarding Payment Modules for Aussie users and most are dead. One member was trying to develope a Payment Module for National Australia Bank (NAB) but the thread is dead even though a few members were very interested in it. From the pictures that were posted and the description, it looked good and was at least a possible module for one of the four major banks.

I do believe that there is a WestPac PayWay module somewhere that can be purchased but cant find anybody talking about it and I don't have a WestPac account anyway. Being a little desperate to offer Aussie customers an Aussie payment option (gateway Credit Card) , I have thought about opening a WestPac account just because it seems to be the only viable option available to us here in oz.

Thing is, I don't like WestPac, the fee's and setup costs are a bit expensive compared to others and I already have established accounts with ANZ and get a pretty good deal on my merchant account.

I have access to the ANZ E-Gate including test accounts and am looking for someone that wants to help me develope something for at least ANZ and then maybe the others. I would buy the WestPac PayWay module and try and pull it apart and rework it but I don't know if I have the skills or if is at all possible. I don't want to buy it just for this reason.

If anyone has an Australian Bank Payment module or knows of one and wants to collaborate to try and develope something for all those that are looking for something, I would like to hear from you. For all us aussie business/site owners, we really need something.

Post or PM me if you have any ideas.

SED

Can you gather information about the APIs used by these gateways? It would make it easier to write a payment module.

Hi Rocky,

Thanks for your reply.

I have been given three pieces of code by ANZ when the merchant account was established and activated and which is for embeding into a websites checkout so I am hoping that this is the API information that is required.

We mainly have four major banks here in OZ, WestPac, ANZ, Commonwealth and NAB. There are quite a few smaller ones and also building societys, but something for the four majors would give all aussie users the perfect option to go live with Presta and take control of some, if not most of our payments received. Yes, we can use PayPal, but like most businesses, offering our own merchant facility as the primary payment option would be best and there are still some customers that either don't have a PayPal account or simply don't trust them.

I have not seen the WestPac module that I think is being offered through PrestaShop for around 65 Euros but I had considered it as an easy alternative until I rang WestPac and got costings and features on what they were offering for their merchant facility. ANZ seem to have given me a much better deal both in pricing and also features.

From what I have learnt so far, there seems to be two main pieces of information that a module would need, API coding/information for a specific bank/Gateway and then the credentials to access the Gateway, please correct me if I am wrong.

I am sure that I have both for ANZ as I have an activated merchant account and was given the three pieces of code I have for ANZ and can access the Gateway manually at the moment.

I am pretty sure it could be possible to get API information for the other three banks but of course, no credentials for access unless you actually open a merchant facility with them.

As I mentioned in my OP, I have access credentials to the ANZ Gateway and the option to create as many test accounts as needed to test a beta module that someone may be wanting to work on or already is.

Have you considered using the eWay module (prestoChangeo) instead of the ANZ api?

I have looked particularly at the WestPac version and have come to the same point as you have with your ANZ one.

I'm not sure how relevant my response is to your needs, but I thought you might be interested.

cheers

And by the way - I have recently set up an eWay acct for a client, and I have to say that it has been a breeze - great support and setup.