Prestashop response to this Spam nonsense

7 hours ago, Jimbob9631 said:

I noticed since all this spam begins we get fewer and fewer if no replies when posting questions vital to getting shops working.... :angry: 

Of course because nobody can see the legitimate questions. It really is impossible

And the thread about "ps-174-error-with-clean-installation" seems to be gone also, nice... they just deleted some regular threads with the spam ones together.... + they did really miserable work when they put a new module in PS 1.7.4.0 (ps_themecusto) wich is causing the HTTP 500 error in clean install ---> becuase they set hard translation for the tabs only for 4 languages and everyone who doesnt use en, fr, it or es gets the HTTP 500 error....

19 hours ago, tomperys said:

And the thread about "ps-174-error-with-clean-installation" seems to be gone also, nice... they just deleted some regular threads with the spam ones together.... + they did really miserable work when they put a new module in PS 1.7.4.0 (ps_themecusto) wich is causing the HTTP 500 error in clean install ---> becuase they set hard translation for the tabs only for 4 languages and everyone who doesnt use en, fr, it or es gets the HTTP 500 error....

Yes that happens because moderators like me are working as hell to clean the forum. I personally clean the forum daily from about 2000 spam messages, it is possible i delete also a legit question. Thats not what meant to do, but it happens.

If you can give me a hint when this topic started or when you recognized the last response i can see if i can restore it!

On 14. 7. 2018 at 5:43 PM, Curious said:

Yes that happens because moderators like me are working as hell to clean the forum. I personally clean the forum daily from about 2000 spam messages, it is possible i delete also a legit question. Thats not what meant to do, but it happens.

If you can give me a hint when this topic started or when you recognized the last response i can see if i can restore it!

Hi

all I can give you is link that I have in notifications - https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/857059-ps-174-error-with-clean-installation/

And I hate to be rude, but if you have to clean the forum manually every day from so much spam threads or comments then something is seriously wrong with your forum site...

i also hate to be rude. Its not my forum, its our forum, and i am a non paid moderator who works for nothing to keep it clean for everyone.

Anyway, i restored the thread you mentioned. The reason it was deleted because of the chinese characters in the last response on this thread.

• Like 3

Hey!  Retired US/Global Moderator here, retirement is great.

My suggestion to PS is to close/archive the forum like magento did two years ago, then sell PS to someone for 1.4 billion dollars.  

Since PS has abandoned (basically) the forum.....and given it's current/future mess....it is now just a black eye on the software....

I'm sure many will step in and create some forums....now agency's get no agency points for helping in form but they do on other outlets....that should  tell us all something.

So close/archive the thing.....

Remember if you retire you can come out of retirement but if you quit...not so easy to comeback.

Happy selling, Fred

• Like 3

Pretty shabby company this, spent everything on rubbish such as a fancy logo, CEO and offices in Paris and can't even manage a stupid forum. What a joke. Moderators cleaning up for nothing and the company too cheap to subscribe to forum software that has built in anti spam features like captcha, etc.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/18/2018 at 12:45 AM, jetx said:

Pretty shabby company this, spent everything on rubbish such as a fancy logo, CEO and offices in Paris and can't even manage a stupid forum. What a joke. Moderators cleaning up for nothing and the company too cheap to subscribe to forum software that has built in anti spam features like captcha, etc.

I just tested a new account. 1. thing you see when you sign up is a captcha! What are you talking about????

Do not blame moderators and Presta if you do not even look! They are doing a great job!

Are you serious? I am not blaming the moderators.

The shabby company is Prestashop, a company which is worth possibly 1 billion dollars and therefore should be able to create and maintain a forum which is not filled with spam. Go take a look a General every single day. If I was a moderator I'd be pretty disheartened. 

By the end of the day the General forum will have about 20 pages filled with spam.

So the captcha they (Prestashop, not the moderators ok?) use is obviously not terribly effective now is it?

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by jetx
toned it down a bit. (see edit history)

Sorry for my mistake. I did not know that Prestashop runs the forum. I never see Prestashop employees here, but moderators always working hard indeed!

We host many Invision Powerboard in our company and also we never have spam problems! The software is very easy to activate for to prevent spammers, so I do not understand why there is so much spam!

Sorry that I am back, but I do not see the spam anymore you are posting about. The forum is clean!

So I think Prestashop has installed the protection correctly because you can remove much spam at once in the software. It is sometimes that moderators have to check, but if they do not then they can remove real posts. I can know that!

So you are not right and are just complaining!