About product problems in 1.7.4.0

gemscorpio

I have place it on Centos 7 and use nginx, php-fpm, and mariadb

but have some problem as follow:

when click Quick view, and can't open window for the product.

when change the product size or color, the error information is An error occurred while processing your request

the picture of the problem on attachment

1.jpg

• 1 month later...

What is your php version ? Someone on this forum had an issue with CentOS 7 because it provided him with php5.4 which is not compatible with PrestaShop 1.7. PS 1.7 requires php5.6 or higher

Also with the debug mode you should be able to see an error: https://zemez.io/prestashop/support/how-to/prestashop-1-7-enable-debug-mode-display-errors/

Edited by ksaan (see edit history)

Guys, did you find how to fix this? I am having this error on a fresh install of prestashop v1.7.4.2.

I got this issue in a Ubuntu server 16.04 + MariaDB + Nginx + PHP 7.2 & PHP-FPM.

15 hours ago, ksaan said:

What is your php version ? Someone on this forum had an issue with CentOS 7 because it provided him with php5.4 which is not compatible with PrestaShop 1.7. PS 1.7 requires php5.6 or higher

Also with the debug mode you should be able to see an error: https://zemez.io/prestashop/support/how-to/prestashop-1-7-enable-debug-mode-display-errors/

As you can see, I am having this error with PHP7.2, so I would say this error is not related to the PHP version at all, this is an Ajax error (if you check the web browser console you can see that the POST request fail with 404 code, at least in my case), so debug mode does not help in this case. I believe this is some how related to the Symfony routing not working well with nginx and/or PHP-FPM, but I have no idea how to solve this.

• Like 1

Here is an example of nginx configuration provided by prestashop developers:
https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/blob/develop/docs/server_config/nginx.conf.dist

Maybe you can find something useful in it. Sorry I cannot help more I dont know nginx :(

EDIT: multiple issues have been reported about prestashop and php7.2 . Can you try with php7.1 ?

Edited by ksaan (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, centoasa said:

I think is related with nginx

It is, I noticed a few minutes ago that this only happen to me when the "Friendly URLs" option is enabled. For me, this clearly means that I have some rewrite rules missing in my nginx config in order to work with this feature, but my knowledge in nginx configuration is not that good to solve it yet :/. 

9 hours ago, ksaan said:

Here is an example of nginx configuration provided by prestashop developers:
https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/blob/develop/docs/server_config/nginx.conf.dist

Maybe you can find something useful in it. Sorry I cannot help more I dont know nginx :(

EDIT: multiple issues have been reported about prestashop and php7.2 . Can you try with php7.1 ?

Thank you for your help man, but I already have my nginx config file based on that example (I took that one and change some things to make it work in my server).

About Php version, isn't prestashop 1.7.4.x only compatible with php7. 2+?

Thanks for your effort and your ideas to help us fix this issue. 

I can not duplicate this on my fresh install however I did notice the demo has a neat bug which might be thecause there is two of the Humming bird printed descriptions shirt and sweater. On my install the sweater is linked to the brown bear product not the humming bird product, but both allow color and size changes. I also do not have ANY pictures of the products. NONE. clean install just 2 days ago.

My inspector tells me that theme is the cause. Hundreds of just bad programming things that only one with years of coding will understand. I was not worried about it cause I was going to write my own theme:) I would recommend just swapping themes and this issue should go away. Also hitting back on the browser on my install after a quick view cycles thru a normal view of each color and size.

picture of a clean install with that theme

Edited by jstillings1
added more LOL (see edit history)

• 7 months later...