firezz

shipping and handling changes

hi

just would like to ask if there is any way i can set.. for example, when purchase has been made of $200 and i would like to get buyer to choose whether if they want to buy / secure the delivery with an insurance plan and if yes, i will charge them extra, $5
if i add this shipping and handling charges in the carrier, it would be a wrong thing as it will charge user $5 on each transaction regardless how much they have purchased right ?

anyway i can do this ? or maybe adding a checkbox in checkout whether they would like to pay extra for insirance purposes ?

thanks

I think you can use functionality of product attribute.
1. Add an attribute group "Insurance" at Catalog - Attributes & Groups tab
2. Set different insurance for this group
3. At product, go combination tab to set the attribute and choose "Impact on price" to Increase

oh ya... i can have that way too :P
thanks for the advise.. will have a try on the changes tonight when there is not much page load ...
thanks ahgaion

just realised something... if i do that on impact on price... i would have to create 2 same product where :

product 1 = black color
product 1 = black color + insurance

would that be troublesome if we do it this way ?

I think you don't have to create two products, you can use one product with different attributes combination.

hmmm .. lets say it this way ..

i have product A with 3 colors, white, black, blue...
so i add in attribute : color, and place these 3 white, black, blue colors there
so when i will upload 3 photos.. with 3 different colors... and on combinations , i will put on
black color, price and quantity
blue color, price and quantity
white color, price and quantity.

These are without insurance

then i will add the same thing again ? on combinations : i will put on
black color, price, quantity and insurance option with Impact on price: increase
blue color, price, quantity and insurance option with Impact on price: increase
white color, price, quantity and insurance option with Impact on price: increase

These are without insurance

Is it this way ? if it is, then it should be total 6 products combinations ?

with this way, i guess it wont be that user friendly ?
anyway.. how can i do this...

example of the case... when i click on the check out button, the site goes to ..../order.php
from the page ...../order.php?step=1, ( i have changed the code of order.php under line 96 to show this "displayPayment();" instead of displaying "displayCarrier();"

On this /order.php?step=2, can i set something that buyer can ask for final quotation then i will update the invoice and include the total amount of insurance needed on the item.
On this way, will the invoice updated and saved in my db so that i can refer in future ?
thanks

with this way, i guess it wont be that user friendly ?

It doesn't make it any less user-friendly to the customer. They will only need to choose the colour and insurance option. PrestaShop will automatically adjust the price based on the attribute combinations you enter in the back-end. The customer won't see all 6 combinations.