Has Any One Used www.Hipay.com please review

i have recently been looking at alternatives to paypal without having to register a merchant account with my bank
i live in the rep of ireland ,

i was looking at hi pay , just wondering has any one here used them before

i see that presta shop advertise them on there main home page ,

thanks ben

• 1 month later...
Try Moneybookers.

joachim, unfortunately moneybookers is about to charge some 20 EUR per month gateway fee from I guess April 2011 if I can believe their website. no good. just asked them whether this fee may be waived for prestashop customers, will see.

however, what interests me even more is whether moneybookers lets you not only pay without login (already learned this from another thread) but whether you can pay on the shop's website instead of being redirected to an external moneybookers page?

best
phil

• 2 weeks later...

Apart from the problem mentioned below I have found HiPay very good, very easy to set up AND there is no monthly charge like the other payment services/modules.

A fix for 'No order created' in PS1.3.6.0 is located here. I've included the fix below.

File “/modules/hipay/hipay.php”
Line #172-#174 shows:

if (HIPAY_MAPI_COMM_XML::analyzeNotificationXML($_POST[’xml’], $operation, $status, $date, $time, $transid, $amount, $currency, $id_cart, $data) === false)
file_put_contents(’logs’.Configuration::get(’HIPAY_UNIQID’).’.txt’, ‘[’.date(’Y-m-d H:i:s’).’] Analysis error: ‘.$_POST[’xml’]."\n", FILE_APPEND);
return false;

but the return false is always executed .. (as it’s no part of the IF statement). SImply adding {} around the IF statement fixes this bug

so it should be:

if (HIPAY_MAPI_COMM_XML::analyzeNotificationXML($_POST[’xml’], $operation, $status, $date, $time, $transid, $amount, $currency, $id_cart, $data) === false){
file_put_contents(’logs’.Configuration::get(’HIPAY_UNIQID’).’.txt’, ‘[’.date(’Y-m-d H:i:s’).’] Analysis error: ‘.$_POST[’xml’]."\n", FILE_APPEND);
return false;
} 

hope this helps

By Buzzeke on 02 Feb 2011 at 14:23 (UTC+1)

From my personal experiences of dealing with Hipay, my advice is, avoid it like the plague.
In fact, I'd even go as far as saying I suspect they may be a scam.

The whole setup process was relatively easy and painless, but Hipay, while happy to let your customers pay money to them, aren't keen to let you have it.
They state that for money laundering prevention purposes, you must first verify your account by providing an array of identification and other documents, as well as banking details, which they state will take a maximum of 3 days to process. This is where I'm stuck at, and have been for over 2 months now. I've supplied all requested documentation, but nothing has happened, I've also emailed them on well over a dozen occasions using both conventional email and their provided contact forms within the admin panel regarding these problems and have a had a total of 3 replies. One replying to an enquiry on which documents they required initially, and the other 2 were automated "we'll get back to you" and of no help.

So I fear now I'll have to write off the sales processed through them as lost, and look elsewhere for a solution, because even if I were to get my account verified, the withdrawal process isn't automated either, and must be done manually be emailing them to "request" your money. And judging by my experiences with them so far, I expect that wouldn't go well either.

From my personal experiences of dealing with Hipay, my advice is, avoid it like the plague.
In fact, I'd even go as far as saying I suspect they may be a scam.

The whole setup process was relatively easy and painless, but Hipay, while happy to let your customers pay money to them, aren't keen to let you have it.
They state that for money laundering prevention purposes, you must first verify your account by providing an array of identification and other documents, as well as banking details, which they state will take a maximum of 3 days to process. This is where I'm stuck at, and have been for over 2 months now. I've supplied all requested documentation, but nothing has happened, I've also emailed them on well over a dozen occasions using both conventional email and their provided contact forms within the admin panel regarding these problems and have a had a total of 3 replies. One replying to an enquiry on which documents they required initially, and the other 2 were automated "we'll get back to you" and of no help.

So I fear now I'll have to write off the sales processed through them as lost, and look elsewhere for a solution, because even if I were to get my account verified, the withdrawal process isn't automated either, and must be done manually be emailing them to "request" your money. And judging by my experiences with them so far, I expect that wouldn't go well either.

I'm beginning to draw the same conclusion despite my initial enthusiasm. As Bumjigga says - set-up is easy but after reaching the maximum payment level allowed on my account I too have been unable to withdraw funds.

I'm hoping this isn't a scam, especially as this ships with the standard Prestashop installation. You would think PS would have done their homework and used a trusted payment processor like the others which come as standard (Paypal, Google Checkout, Moneybookers).

A quick update, I've just received the following email:

-----------------------------------------------

Dear Sir,

After scanning your account, we decide not to continue our partnership.

We wish you good luck in your efforts.

Best regards,

Hipay support

-----------------------------------------------

No explanation as to why, no returning of account balance, and to add a little clarity, I'm a UK Ltd Company with good standing and credit record, selling nothing that could be even confused as objectionable, and no suspicious or awkward transactions on the account.

Thinking that my customers are more deserving of their monies than Hipay are, I considered refunding all transactions, only to discover that this cannot be done, as refunds can only be made to another Hipay account.

So I've replied to their email, accepting that they no longer wish to continue the partnership, and requesting that the outstanding balance be transferred to my bank account, with the threat that failure to do so will be treated as theft and be reported to the authorities. However, I don't hold out much hope, and consider myself scammed :(

Also, having a little look around for more information on Hipay I discovered this, among others:

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/hipay-allopass-c370750.html

Does anybody else here have a Hipay account that they've had better luck with?
Would you mind sharing your experiences?

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Theres anyone know how to hipay send the payment instructions to the client's email ?

The Hipay provides some methods of payment that is not immediate, for example here in Portugal through an ATM where the client receive spayment data(entity,reference and amount).The problem is that if the customer has to note that data at some place and if close the payment window,ends up losing data.

Anyone know how to solve issue, with the possibility of sending the data to the email ?

• 3 months later...

I've signed up with Hipay today and was able to get it all up and running including verification of identity and bank account within about an hour. So far it looks good, especially for German customers as they seem to have more payment options available than through PayPal.

• 5 months later...

Warning:

DON'T BUY FROM "WWW.R4KARTE-MANIA.DE" !!!

DON'T MAKE BUSINESS WITH "WWW.HIPAY.COM" !!!

Information for german users: Do not buy R4 cards on "www.r4karte-mania.de".

I 've tried this and lost 24 Eur.

After 3 weeks of waiting I was not able to obtain my goods.

The website "www.r4karte-mania.de" is written complete in a perfect german language - so you get first the feeling, that all is right. They say: "We are the best in germany, we are the number one!"

As I asked after weeks, where are my goods, I 've got no answer.

As I make a reclamation, they spoke of excuse and told me that I have to make this reclamation on the "hipay.com"-bank.

As I did it, the hipay bank told me that I have to create an account on her bank system.

To get my money back, I should give them "a copy of my identity card, an actually copy of my bank statement and at least a copy of my last electricity bill". Without these steps I had no chance to create a "hipay" account, and thatswhy I couldn't get my money back.

After many mails from me to both websites (no really e-mail-adress to see, only web formular) and some answers in worst german broken words (this is a strange parallel between both "organisations") they 've make it clear, that it is impossible to transfer my money back on my home bank account, from where I gave this money out to "www.r4karte-mania.de".

I could'nt say, that they both had not answered to me, but the communication was so dreadful and these requirements to get my money.. NO!!

Now I say today:

DON'T BUY FROM "WWW.R4KARTE-MANIA.DE" !!!

And:

DON'T MAKE BUSINESS WITH "WWW.HIPAY.COM" !!!

• 4 years later...

Hipay is a scam. After requesting the withdrawal of the balance to my bank account, have made several excuses for not doing so, generally speaking of "security measures".

The last thing is that I have to wait 3 months to try to recover 1.000 euros that I have in my hipaywallet account.

Be careful with Hipay.

And then I find this:

http://www.hipaywalletscam.com

• Like 1

I have recently integrated Hipay in my friend's web shop and he has been scammed by Hipay.

He could withdraw his money only the first time.

After that he could not withdraw his money and received no explanation from Hipay.

He wrote emails asking for explanations, but never received any.

I am afraid he lost his money to this scammer.

You have been warned: Stay away!

Edited by Coloranti (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hell,

After one week I still couldn't open my account with hipay. They are extremely slow and asking redundant information, that was already given on my account opening...

Bonjour,

Ca fait plus d'une semaine que j'essaie d'ouvrir un compte chez hipay.

Je suis autoentrepreneur, donc pas beaucoup d'informations à fournir sur l'identification de mon entreprise. Et quand même, après une semaine d'attente ils me demandent des informations déjà fournies (Structure, Enseigne, Civilité, Nom, Prénom, Titre, Adresse, Code postal, Ville, Pays, Email dirigeant, Numéro de fax, SIRET, Secteur d'activité).

Ils se moquent de leurs clients...

En plus quelle est la différence entre Structure et Enseigne, Civilité et Titre ?!

Comme ça tu n'arrive pas à ouvrir ta boutique parce que ça traine chez hipay !!! Le business en ligne doit bouger plus vite...

• 2 weeks later...
I'm working with hipay in PORTUGAL, and honestly it works correctly

I withdraw money whenever I want and after 2 days it is in my bank account.

The people i spoke to in hipay portugal are spectacular, always available

Andre Mega always helped me and Joao from the commercial area too.

The problem I see is the technical level of the module hipay prestashop, I think it has to be done more, I already had several problems with the previous module and now with the professional hipay module

I hope that hipay invest in prestashop clients

• 2 weeks later...