devsoft

[Module] Free Banners 1.1 for Prestashop 1.4.x with NivoSlide

Banners 1.0 with NivoSlide Module for Prestashop 1.4.x avaible.

Changes :

-Banners 1.0

1. Fix uninstall problem.

2. Fix blank images in configure.

3. Fix translation problem.

4. Add Spanish translation (thank you Dimar).

- Banners 1.0 RC1 :

1. multilanguage :

- name

- description

- photos

installation :

1. install as normal module.

Now under your tab you can add photos.

Download url : http://www.presta-mo....cc/prestashop/

if you have problem please check url in you browser.

38308_un8ocsEq4KxG1x2mYOUU_t

38309_2CfWDXrUKQvC9A313E8y_t

38310_EKqnaC2OVrH2PspHNkYH_t

38311_fZN8jk9knwZDeihmELfH_t

38312_IlFjebfTV4g5N3wu5JFB_t

banners.zip

• Like 5

Thanks devsoft for sharing this module.
Will try it on my test server with 1.4 RC2 installed, looks really great and useful.

Best regards,

ysco..

Thanks.. can it work with 1.3.6?

great but Banners 1.0 RC1 doesn't work with current 1.3.6 unfortunately.

Julien Breux wrote a tutorial about creating automatically tab on module install.
http://www.julien-breux.com/2009/08/22/tutoriel-prestashop-creer-un-module-avec-onglet/

32 caracters max is too short for url, else should not be required

Image displayed but slideshow not working, tested on PS1.4.0.3

version 1.0 RC2 is only for prestashop 1.4.X

1.0 RC2 :
- longer url characters
- easy installation (@jolvil - thank you for link)

just tested on clean 1.4.0.12 and it works

version 0.7/0.8 is for 1.3.X

0.8 RC
- longer url characters
- easy installation

Thanks for these upgrades.
I have an issue with RC0.8 when installing the module

Fatal error (Tab->name is empty for default language)

Install is OK now with 0.8! slideshow is working
but the name of tab in Tools shows only "n" and there is no icon showed.

Interesting features:

- It could be nice to have ability to show or not title, description, link on image (now it's not posible).

- Setting differents slides effects as a dropdown list in BO

0.8RC

- correct tab name

- added icon

Thanks works fine now :-) great job

Only missing features, for those who dont' want to show title and description comment in bannershome.tpl or others tpl
{$banner.name}{$banner.description}

I did a french translation but some parts are not tranlated
Effects
Image width
Image heigh

and translation doesn't work in banners tab form (when click new)

fr.php

• Like 1

The confin section appears like the imagen. After upload the image in the banner section..then what?

I have prestashop version 1.4.0.13

Regards.

38866_HTgUuS78g1jI4OXyBCFR_t

If you upload your images in banners section under tools tab imges should show on your home/left side/right it depends on your hook type.

I've just tested on clean 14013 on my local and it works.

Image from your config section shows like urls for css are not correct you can check it with firebug if module css and js file load correct.

@jolvil - thank you for translation I'll add it in next upgred as I'm busy now.

Hi,
I´m trying to use in 1.3.6 and don´t work, error table xxxxxx_banners doesn´t exist.
What can I do to?

Thanks

A rookie

uninstall module delete tables manuale if they exists ps_banners ps_banners_lang

edit banners.phpand change line 52 to
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `'._DB_PREFIX_.'banners` (
line 61 to
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `'._DB_PREFIX_.'banners_lang` (

and install

do not copy/paste use yours brackets!

Hello again,

I had tried with 1.4.0 estable and do not work.
i had change the DB_prefix and appears this error:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/home/domain/web/modules/banners/banners.php on line 183

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/home/domain/web/modules/banners/banners.php on line 183

Warning: rmdir(/usr/home/domain/web/modules/banners/../../img/banners/1) [function.rmdir]: No such file or directory in /usr/home/manitas1907.com/web/modules/banners/banners.php on line 191
how can i fix this problem?
I had tried to uninstall and appears this warning and it do not uninstalling.
please help me....

Thanks

hi ... my db prefix is ps_table

i have installed this module is create the 2 tables ps_banners and ps_banners_lang but when i try to add banner i get this
Richiesta SQL non valida

I have tried to unistall it a few times but the same

If you have problem with uninstallation

Go to your img folder delete banners folder if exists.
Go to your phpmyadmin drop tables (yourprefix)banners (yourprefix)banners_lang (only if any other module use this tables names)
edit Banners.php under /modules/banners/ and change unistall function to

public function uninstall()
   {
       foreach ($this->settingshome AS $set){
           Configuration::deleteByName($set['title']);
               }

foreach ($this->settingsleft AS $set){
               }

foreach ($this->settingsright AS $set){
               }

if(!parent::uninstall() OR !$this->uninstallModuleTab('AdminBanners'))
       return false;

return true;

} 

And unistall as normal.

This uninsallation instuction should work in any problems with module unistallation

Thank you for sharing this great module. I tried on Prestashop v1.4.0.17 . Firstly, everything works ok, but when I try to uninstall it gives error
"The following module(s) were not installed successfully: banners"

and I have some suggestions.
1. Configure Page is perfect but don't use different page for adding images. Can you merge it. For example, if i haven't read your forum message carefully, I couldn't find tools->banners tab. You can use this one in the configure page.
2. Make option for caption. Maybe someone don't want to use captions. For me, I don't want to use captions, just images is enough for me.

Hi

Try couple times again uninstall. If it doesn't work use solution (post before)

As I remember if you don't add description it won't show up.

There is image missing under tools/banners so edit /banners/AdminBanners.php change line 68 to

'.$this->l('Banners').'

Thanks Devsoft for your contribution. I will try to translate it into Spanish, as a way of thanks.

2. Make option for caption. Maybe someone don't want to use captions. For me, I don't want to use captions, just images is enough for me.

It can, changing captionOpacity to 0 (zero), and it works

EDIT:

Here is the translation into Spanish. Thanks!

NOTE: Do not know why not translate the part where you add the image and the title and description. O.o

es.zip

Banners 1.0 for Prestashop 1.4.X Changes :

1. Fix uninstall problem.
2. Fix blank images in configure.
3. Fix translation problem.
4. Add Spanish translation (thank you Dimar).

Download first page.

at the first page there is no download link. Your site is down or not opening.

Thank you for sharing this great module. I tried on Prestashop v1.4.0.17 . Firstly, everything works ok, but when I try to uninstall it gives error
"The following module(s) were not installed successfully: banners"

Hi!

I had the same problem, and after many laps I found that the problem is that if you uninstall the module, you must remove ALL the img/banners there and then if it works.

I think in the latest version corrects this error

Hi devsoft

Apparently there is an error with the BackOffice images that are not shown, the file: jquery-ui-1.8.9.custom.css

I changed all the images:

.ui-widget-content { display:block; border: 1px solid #a6c9e2; background: #fcfdfd url(/images/ui-bg_inset-hard_100_fcfdfd_1x100.png) 50% bottom repeat-x; color: #222222; }

By:

.ui-widget-content { display:block; border: 1px solid #a6c9e2; background: #fcfdfd url(images/ui-bg_inset-hard_100_fcfdfd_1x100.png) 50% bottom repeat-x; color: #222222; }

Just remove the slash sloped, and was solved for me.

at the first page there is no download link. Your site is down or not opening.

same issue, what append to this module ?

Here is the latest version for 1.4.X Prestashop, the same devsoft, in his post [# 1]

Greetings!

banners.zip

not working also on IE 8, but is OK with crome and firefox. What do i have to do to work on Internet Explorer

Can it be done to open the links in a new browser window in future versions ???
Very useful module - very nice work. I can confirm that it's not working with IE8

theoric, it is a very good module actually. but I can't bring it to work correctly.

the problem with the css at the backoffice
the problem with the IE Browser

would you as the developer of this module repair it?

EDIT:

Sorry for the previous post to the developer and other Member.
I have to correct it, that this module works in safari 5 firefox 4 and of course in internet explorer 8 and 9.
you only have to correct the jquery-ui-1.8.9.custom.css file in folder /modules/banners/css like the post number 32 from Dimar. I tried his solution but it still didn't work.

so you need to rename all:

url(/images/

to:

url(../images/

too bad that it doesn't work in IE7

thanks alot to the developer who made this module for free!

Please those who have problems, make them clearer so that they can help. If you do not say what the problem is I doubt anyone is encouraged to help.

devsoft apparently there is a conflict with firefox, when you are filling out a form, and you want to edit a text, is complicated return to the left and right keys.

When you press the keys (arrow) left and right, the animation is active in the Banners module.

Prestashop 1.4.1

Then what is the solution to work with IE?

I don't understand, why this module doesn't work with yours?
I tested it on my windows vista pc using IE8 IE 9, Firefox 4 and mac os (safari and firefox) and it works well except with ie 7 on windows pc.
did I make something right during the installation or did you do something wrong during the installation process.

anyway I only have one problem, which is, if I want to delete one or some entries from the list in the Banners tab, I got this error (see attachment) it's not worse because I can still disable instead of deleting it. I think it is due the file permissions. because all images upload by this module are owned by apache. and if I want to delete the images from the ftp. it is such a pain, because I have to do it per shell script.

otherwise, there is nothing to complain.

EDIT due the deletion problem:

strangely, if i delete the entry by pressing the TRASH ICON at the right side, it works, but if I want to delete multiple entry by checking some and the click the button at the end, I got that error. but as I said, I can live with this bug :)

46613_1HeUaJHMD2Ysn5tf68be_t

I downloaded the file from Dimar (see post number 34)
maybe it doesn't work on ie because you disable the javascript & so on in it.

(that would be also a problem if the customer disable the javascript & co.)

i found the proble it is not working with a different module, when i disable other module it worked but i also need both modules how can it be fix

devsoft apparently there is a conflict with firefox, when you are filling out a form, and you want to edit a text, is complicated return to the left and right keys.

When you press the keys (arrow) left and right, the animation is active in the Banners module.

Prestashop 1.4.1

I answer myself:

Must disable the option: keyboardNav in FALSE

anybody got a valid download link for this?

Unfortunately the module's website is down. If anyone wants, I can upload the module with some changes that I had to make, as it presented some problems to see the images.

I tested this module in Firefox 3.16.17 - Chrome - IE and not had significant operational problems. Under Prestashop 1.4.1

Unfortunately the module's website is down. If anyone wants, I can upload the module with some changes that I had to make, as it presented some problems to see the images.

I tested this module in Firefox 3.16.17 - Chrome - IE and not had significant operational problems. Under Prestashop 1.4.1

Sure I be most appreciative!

Here it is.

I had to put the exact web address of the image address, so they could see in IE 8. See lines 61 - 87 and 101 of the file: bannersleft.tpl

banners v1.0.zip

• Like 1

Here it is.

I had to put the exact web address of the image address, so they could see in IE 8. See lines 61 - 87 and 101 of the file: bannersleft.tpl

thx to Dimar, i install yours, but nothing display in FO. i currently use 1.4.2.5. thx.

Here it is.

thx to Dimar, i install yours, but nothing display in FO. i currently use 1.4.2.5. thx.

Hello, this in Tools > Banners

Here it is.

so i see a screen that allows us to manage setting for hook home hook left and hook right- where do you input banner images? in the tpl file?

ChrisRabkin

is there a way to remove the DevSoft - free modules link from the front page? i dont mind it being in the admin but the front page is a bit much

its not working for me 1.4.2 :( all is ok but i dont see image. when i creat new banner he dont upload image on server :( any idea ?

Hi all,

good module. I got a JS error in IE 6 and IE 7 and the slider was not working (and had not tried on IE 8 or IE 9).

I have fixing the following at bannershome.tpl (around line 20):

captionOpacity:{$captionOpacity}, //Universal caption opacity

should be change to:

captionOpacity:{$captionOpacity} //Universal caption opacity

That is, removed the unnecesary comma as that is the list item in the list. This is a typical mistake that causes JS erros in IE.

Thanks for the module.

BTW, I guess the same issue is there in Left and Right hooks. I'm not using them so haven't even looked at the files.

Hi, im using 1.4.3

Installed Banners V1.0 but nothing in module.

Installed Banners, Banners appear but the pictures are only a strsight line...

Pls help :(

Hi Guys,

I downloaded the zip file from topic #53 and I tried to install it with prestashop version 1.4.4.0. The installation fails with error "There was an error during the extraction module (the file may be corrupted)".

I repeated the operations (donwload+ installation) four times but the same error occurs.

Someone can help me ?

Thank you so much

Hi I have problem that its sayes bad SQL query. Don´t you know how to fix it? And after if I just try to add new and I click on save it write this: banners (Table 'd8046_4judo.ps_banners' doesn't exist). Can you help me to fix it please?

How can you add this module to hook into the footer of each page? Any help with this would be appreciated.

Best free banner module on Prestashop. Too bad it's not working in IE. Any solution on how to get it running on IE will be appreciated. Thanks.

Tested and updated for 1.4.5.1

- added footer hook

- added top hook

- correct IE display

- correct image size

- remove link back

- should now work a little faster.

If you don't want to use module for all transplant remove it from module positions, This will make your website works a little faster.

Download - first page.

Hi devsoft. very, very nice! Easy to install, no problems at all on 1.4.5.1

One question. Maybe i´m small minded, but how to make the module "work" in all languages without uploading every picture again on every language?

hi devsoft, i install the module in 1.4.4.1 and works!! Thanks for your work.

Only one question, I want the module only works in home but in the hook TOP. How can i get it?

hi,

where can i change the banner size, give me in details

the configurations of this banners is in "modules/applications front office/banners"

@aqueron - Thank you. Solution for you : edit modules/banners/banners.php

@holle75 - this will be first thing to do in next update

change function hookTop to this

function hookTop ($params)
   {
    global $smarty,$cookie;

$page = str_replace(  __PS_BASE_URI__, '', $page);

if($page == 'index.php')
  {
	  $hook = 'top';

$bannerstop = Db::getInstance()->ExecuteS('
	  SELECT * FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'banners` b
	  LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'banners_lang` bl ON (b.id_banners = bl.id_banners)
	  WHERE bl.id_lang = '.intval($params['cookie']->id_lang).'
		    AND b.`hook` = "'.$hook.'" AND b.`active` = 1 AND bl.name != ""');
    if($bannerstop){
	    $smarty->assign(array( 'bannerstop' => $bannerstop ));

foreach ($this->settingstop AS $set) {
		  $smarty->assign(array( $set['title'] => Configuration::get($set['title']) ));
	   }

$smarty->assign('lang', intval($params['cookie']->id_lang));

$smarty->assign('this_path', $this->_path);
	  return $this->display(__FILE__, 'tmp/bannerstop.tpl');
   }
 }
   }

@aqueron - Thank you. Solution for you : edit modules/banners/banners.php

@holle75 - this will be first thing to do in next update

change function hookTop to this

{
	global $smarty,$cookie;

if($page == 'index.php')
  {
	  $hook = 'top';

if($bannerstop){

}

}
 }
}

thanks for your code, devsoft but if i change for this don´t show nothing in browser. The module don´t show in home or other pages into the site. Something it´s wrong.

I usually use firebug to find errors but the code don´t show and i don´t know why.

When i use the code without the change works fine in the site and i try to change this to view in the center of web:

margin: 10px 0 10px -260px; (in modules/banners/tmp/bannerstop.tpl #slider-wrapper-top)

For this:

margin: 10px 0 10px 0;

But the module always show in the same position 10px 0 10px -260px

Somethig theory?

Thanks a lot for your time and your contribution in this forum... and sorry for my bad english, i hope you understand me!

forget to past one line :

{
			global $smarty,$cookie;
	  $page = $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];
	  if($page == 'index.php')
	  {
			  $hook = 'top';

if($bannerstop){

}

}
	 }
	}

now should be only on homepage

• Like 1

forget to past one line :
 function hookTop ($params) { global $smarty,$cookie; $page = $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']; $page = str_replace( __PS_BASE_URI__, '', $page); if($page == 'index.php') { $hook = 'top'; $bannerstop = Db::getInstance()->ExecuteS(' SELECT * FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'banners` b LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'banners_lang` bl ON (b.id_banners = bl.id_banners) WHERE bl.id_lang = '.intval($params['cookie']->id_lang).' AND b.`hook` = "'.$hook.'" AND b.`active` = 1 AND bl.name != ""'); if($bannerstop){ $smarty->assign(array( 'bannerstop' => $bannerstop )); foreach ($this->settingstop AS $set) { $smarty->assign(array( $set['title'] => Configuration::get($set['title']) )); } $smarty->assign('lang', intval($params['cookie']->id_lang)); $smarty->assign('this_path', $this->_path); return $this->display(__FILE__, 'tmp/bannerstop.tpl'); } } } 

now should be only on homepage

Great!!

Thank you very much!!

Now I only need the correct position in the center of web deleting the margin left -260px

When I can solved I posted it the solutions.

See you!

-260px this is just for default theme find it and change to 0 then clean cache delete files UNDER

tools/smarty/compile

tools/smarty/cache

-260px this is just for default theme find it and change to 0 then clean cache delete files UNDER

tools/smarty/compile

tools/smarty/cache

now works great!! I don´t know the smarty tools could make this

thanks again devsoft!!

Great module! I love him. Unfortunely this not work with IE8 for me :-( Test with all version presented in this forum. In IE 8 I see prev/next not graphics arrows ....

Actualizo info sobre este módulo:

Tambien Funciona en prestashop 1.4.6.2

This module works in prestashop 1.4.6.2 ;o)

Hi everybody,

I had try to install in 5 shops, all shops have prestashop 1.4.4.1 or above. in 3 shops works fine and the others appears:

"The following module(s) were not installed successfully:"

• Banners

anybody know how can I do?

Thanks a lot

is there a way to remove the DevSoft - free modules link from the front page? i dont mind it being in the admin but the front page is a bit much

Any ideas how to remove " dev Soft " text from banners ? If its possible I would appreciate it, thank u

Hi,

I like this module very much but having an issue with transitions. When i sst transitions to random my images look weird, they are cut into 3 parts before showing the entire image.

Any ideas what could cause this?

attached the original image and a screencapture of the image broken

post-83670-0-02677800-1326118328_thumb.jpegpost-83670-0-61330200-1326118377_thumb.jpg

Regards Niek

Actualizo info sobre este módulo:

Tambien Funciona en prestashop 1.4.6.2

This module works in prestashop 1.4.6.2 ;o)

Yo tengo la misma version 1.4.6.2 y no me funciona...

Hello,

I have 1 stupid question.. How to add multiple images to have slide show? In Tools I can choose just 1 picture...

Hello devsoft ! Thank you so much for this perfect slider !! I have only one question, is it possible to attribute one url with one language ? Like in the description or image field ! Right now if my english customer follow the slider link he go to the french page !!

Thank you for your answer and sorry for my bad english :)

I've tested it on 1.4.7. The images are changing but with no effects. I have changed the effect to other instead of random but nothing happens. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Great module, but seems that when using this module with the new prestashop theme and IE, the top sliding menu drops behind the jquery, rather than in front.

Safari and chrome were fine, just IE.

Any ideas??