Faceted Search questions/problems

Hi

I am having a bit of a headache with the faceted search settings.

Issue 1.

I have a catagory with hundreds of items in it [characters] but when viewing the page they are not in alphabetical order [see image]. I simply cannot see anywhere that would allow me display the list in alphabetical order.  Looking at the list , it seems to show the items in their catagory number order although not exactly. I thought pagination settings would be the solution but that does not help. Sorting the catagories from the catagory menu also does not help.

I can get around the problem by simply using the character name as a feature but I am unable to find out how to stop the facet search module from displaying it's own list of the characters. If I untick the main catagory then this affects my features on the menu. If I tick the main catagory again and simply untick the character submenus, nothing changes and the list stays the same, it continues to show the unticked characters on the list. If I turn submenu filtering on or off, nothing changes and it still shows the list of items.

I have tried clearing cache but as the store is in maintenance currently I am not using cache anyway.

What I ultimately want are the products [listed by character name] in alphabetical order or not showing at all and I will continue adding the character names as a feature instead.

Facet 1 image is a small image of the unsorted menu as appearing on the page - quite useless really

My directory would like like

>Home

>Characters

>character name

facet1.JPG

To keep this up to date in case others have a similar question

To organise the menu alphabetically. Go to catagories and sort by the position. This then shows the cross arrow type icon so the subcat can be dragged and dropped in to the position you would like. In the old 1.6, the cross arrows would show up automatically without needing to do any sorting to get them to show up.

Unfortunately there's no way to simply sort them via the arrows at the top and save them in that position. I now start the very long and slow process of manually dragging and dropping 500+ sub-cats in to the correct order :(

Still not found a solution for the always displayed menu except to create an A-Z type menu on top bar of site so characters can be navigated to directly, bypassing the 500+ menu item listing.

I am at a loss for sure now.

After creating sub-cats a to z and placing the items in them accordingly and sorting them within the catagory - the main list is alphabetical. The catagory filter view though is not. I really cannot work out what order it is in. There doesn;t seem to be any settings that allow it to show it's contents in alphabetical order rather than the random nonsense it currently shows :(