PayPal is updating to require TLS 1.2 - HTTP/1.1 some questions!

Robert_PS

PayPal is updating its services to require TLS 1.2 for all HTTPS connections. At this time, PayPal will also require HTTP/1.1 for all connections.

I've got a Webshop using:

- Prestashop Version 1.3.7.0

- PayPal module v1.7.1

Server (VPS):

- CENTOS 5.11

- WHM 56.0 (build 52) 

Let my start by saying that I haven't got a lot of technical knowledge.  So I think that I need to hire someone who can make the necessary changes for me. But I like to know what needs to be done, some help would we appreciated.

I think that these changes are necessary:

- CENTOS 5.11 needs to be updated to the latest version

- The PayPal module v1.7.1 needs to be updated, but is there a PayPal module for Prestashop Version 1.3.7.0 that supports TLS 1.2 ???

Or does Prestashop to be updates first to at least  v1.4.0.1, so that the "PayPal & Braintree official Module" https://addons.prestashop.com/en/payment-card-wallet/1748-paypal-braintree-official.html can be used?

I don't really like to update my Prestashop Version 1.3.7.0 because some customizations where made in the past. I guess the "PayPal & Braintree official Module" won't work in Prestashop Version 1.3.7.0 right?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

+44 (0)20-7122-0917  

Don't know what part of the world where you are but this is the help number for Braintree in the UK they can probably definitively answer your question ........... if they've heard of Prestashop.  My understanding of all this is that PayPal have gone off the rails.  We operate the PayPal Module and have all sorts of scrambling problems but the fact of the matter is that we never get any of the customers card details because the module diverts them to the PayPal site to process the transaction.  The connection which PayPal are incorrectly getting all upset about is when they contact our site to tell us that the payment has gone through.  Obviously, they are not going to include any of the customers details - they just confirm payment - so what's the need for any encryption.  I think they've finally come to their senses as my PayPal account has been "limited" for about a week now but today I logged on and there's a pop up that asks you to type "I Agree" into a box and voila suddenly my PP account is opened up again.  They've obviously been so inundated with angry account holders that they've finally realised that they are talking "b******s".