WebService customer passwd encrypt

raul

I am developing a login from angular and ionic3 against the prestashop webservice. I have access to the web api and the calls are working well. The problem is that I have searched how to encrypt the password that the user writes against the prestashop and they do not match.

I have read a lot of posts and I know that prestashop's way of working is to encrypt the md5 password and with a password followed by the password. As:

md5 (_cookier_key_ + userPassword)

I tried to encrypt my password like the previous example (I have _cookier_key_ + my password) the result of the md5 encryption is the following: f01e5b4d319dba0b6d41ec601t7720fd

But in my prestashop webapi the same password it show like: $2y$10$36ObM33DN5zqrKWMnXqgz.RDzVorpZDl3do3oaRuhwDhlXsOh.jwO

What type of encryption generates $ and . ?

I can see that some users of my prestashop have the password formed md5 as: 0367d421dd907a86d980a69dbb033589 but other custommers have passwords like: $2y$10$I5OGoI4HcqGTyee9W5Hvt.5fu/sJnH8I8dv9UoL38s.v1oqhhGyap

what is happening?

A thousand thanks in advance

• 5 months later...

Hello

I'm busy on the same kind of implementation

Here is what I found:

The function hashing the password with a pattern like 

is the following: 

return password_hash($passwd, PASSWORD_BCRYPT); 
in src/Core/Crypto/Hashing.php
But until here, I cannot find how $passwd is created because when applying this to the plain password, I cannot get the string that I can see in the Database.
Tell me if you find more informations on this