[SOLVED] product must be in at least one Category

• 2 months later...

Hi I have the same issue and cannot see the category drop down list in the info tab since I updated to version 1.4. How do I get to see it?? I need to change my default cats in order to edit products and upload photos. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Hi I have the same issue and cannot see the category drop down list in the info tab since I updated to version 1.4. How do I get to see it?? I need to change my default cats in order to edit products and upload photos. Thanks

i have the same problem, i see 2 lines where the categories should be, but there is nothing there, in IE it's there, but not in Firefox

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi,

I have the same problem and I dont understand how to solve this.

Make sure that the following section of the "1. Info." tab has at least one category ticked and the default category in the dropdown is one of the ticked categories.

where is this what You showed in the image?

I use 1.4.8.2 PS

help please

Edited by mamandis (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I use 1.4.8.2 PS

help please

Hi! Mamandis,

I use the newest version (1.4.8.2 PS) too and have the same problem. I have made all my sub-category, but I can't add any product in any that categories and appear this:

1. product must be in at least one Category. 2. product must be in the default category.

Fortunately, It solved. I re-install the PS in Softaculous. Certainly I must update the old backup (24,3MB) so that I get new backup (28,7MB). After re-installing, I get that page like the above screenshoot.

Hi,

I use 1.4.8.2 PS

help please

Hi! Mamandis. Finally it all OK. Now I can access default directory like this screenshot :

ADD_Product.jpg

And after restoring my newest backup, this problem has solved.

Edited by yusufzulkarnain (see edit history)

• 10 months later...

Dear Admin,

Can you re-open this topic again.

I have below problem and hasn't been solved until now.

I dont know what to do.

When adding new product and update any product I got below error.

2 errors

product must be in at least one Category

product must be in the default category

Regards,

Nyoman

post-43599-0-88770600-1372834122_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Just want to say thanks to 'Groan' (post# 8).  I am using version 1.6.0.9 and searched many posts on this issue with nothing working.  However clearing the cache did the trick.   Kudos extending to 'Groan' for reminding us to sometimes go back to the basics, like a simple cleanup, to resolve the issue. 

Thank you so much!! 

• 1 month later...

I have a client with the same problem. 

I've checked the page to add a new product in Firefox, Chrome and MSIE, and I do not see any way to choose a product category on that page. None.

This is extremely frustrating, as my client spent hundreds of dollars migrating a 20,000 product database into Presta, and this error is holding up going live with his site. 

If any moderators happen to read this post, PLEASE try to resolve this issue. We've been trying to solve it for months with no luck. Please.

• 7 months later...

Dear all,

I have the same issue having the same problem for new and exisiting products upon upgrading to version prestashop 1.6.1.1 

1. error : Products must be in at least one category 

2. error : product must be in the default category

3 Can not load product image.

I have find so many thread to resolve the issue but seems the issue still persist on my website.

I am not sure either the 3rd party modules or the prestashop upgrading bug is the culprit.

Do the experts here find the right solution to this ? 

I look forward for a community support.

I can provide my details upon request.

Thanks in advance.

The only thing you can do is wait for all tabs to load. I had it on 1.6.1 locally as well, by clicking save and stay just a few seconds the page loaded. Prestashop needs to have all tabs there. It would be nice to have the postProcess check if those tabs are loaded, and if not, skip saving that data. It's only due to server latency

• 11 months later...
when i click on product tab and edit one of the

record and do product Enabled to either yes or no 

and click on either save or save & stay button it gives the following errors-

1.Products must be in at least one category.

2.This product must be in the default category.

that product had the category also.

Yes, product contains the category also but each time I want to go association tab when I not go to that tab it gives the same error. Like,

1.Products must be in at least one category.
 2.This product must be in the default category.
But it work's fine on localhost not on live server.

Please any help on this why this happened ?

Firstly I edit the product. means, product has some category also when I edit the product by default all associated values are also shown me. but each time  I have to go on association tab then and only then  product is saved. When I will not go on to association tab that time these error's are shown.

If I go on association tab then product is save.

Please give me solution for that why I each time I want to go on association tab.

Nemo One more question, my prestashop back office is very slow. I have deleted those module which do not required me. any solution for speeding the back office as well as front office. 

try to go to php 5.6 with opcache, that did wonders for me

• 4 months later...