Customer Login doesn't work (Your Authentication failed)

Nemipresta

Hi,

a rather strange problem: customers can register normally and enter a password. This password is hashed and saved in the database in ps_customers. However, when customers try to login again after their session was ended, the password is not accepted ("Your Authentication failed"). Customers can reset their password with the reset-link and are logged in afterwards. However, the new password won't be accepted the next time they try to login with their username and (new) password.

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/663544-customer-login-failed/
describes exactly the same problem, however no solution was provided. Can anyone help?

Admins can log in without any problems.

Best regards,

Christian

Edited by Nemipresta (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
En 20/6/2018 a las 12:30 PM, Nemipresta dijo:

... the reason for this problem was, that the customer table was migrated from an older version to 1.7 . In the newer versions, the password length was increased to 60 characters, the column was still set to 32 characters.

Hi, 

Thank you for your contribution, I have been search for a long time a solution for this trouble.
Only a question... Can your old customers log in your page after the change?

Hi Ballet15,

yes, it worked but took a while and was rather complicated. Some weeks ago, I made another migration from Prestashop 1.6 data to 1.7 and followed a different, much easier approach:

I exported the customer data as csv and imported it via the backoffice in Prestashop 1.7. Passwords are imported in this process, it is very important to disable

$customer->passwd = $this->get('hashing')->hash($customer->passwd, _COOKIE_KEY_) 

in controllers/admin/AdminImportController.php though.

And the value for COOKIE_KEY in the parameters file must be the same, I guess.