In the description part of the category ... image to be inserted -

seldon.paul2

I would like to insert the image in the description of the products.
Yes, I also saw the image icon for user to click but it is different from the one
uploading the image in the local file system. In this case, the image has to be already
in the server and the link should be typed in.

Is it possible for one to change this image into just like any other image in the category?
| choose file | button -

I would like to change the image-- insert/edit function to have like choose file, can choose the file from the local place.
This way of image insert/edit is totally of no use, it requires two times work - FTP first and then upload when
we can do it at one time.

I would like to modify please inform me how to.

35812_ki4v8MU3IEQBD1Tz1FA3_t

PrestaShop v1.4 has an image manager that stores in images in the img/cms directory, so you won't need to upload images by FTP anymore. See my post here. The feature is no longer buggy. I'm using it successfully right now adding PrestaShop guides to my new website.

I mean when I click the above icon, the pop up has the "choose file" button like the one in the category image or
product image chooser in the BO category tab. I want to modify the pop-up window by inserting "choose file" button,
instead of URL.

Can you help me? It would be really appreciated. ^^

That's exactly what the new feature in PrestaShop v1.4 does. You have to click a new "Browse" button next to the image URL field, which opens a File Manager that lets you manage your existing images and click the Upload button to add more images. Unfortunately, PrestaShop v1.3 and earlier doesn't have that option. You could try copying TinyMCE from PrestaShop v1.4 into PrestaShop v1.3, but that might just cause problems.

It's not easy to copy parts of PrestaShop v1.4 into PrestaShop v1.3. You could try copying the admin/ajaxfilemanager directory from PrestaShop v1.4 and the js/tinymce directory, but it's likely something will go wrong. I suggest waiting for PrestaShop v1.4 final to be released.