Keywords limit ?

Hello everyone,

I'm moving my old site to prestashop 1.7.

My products have a lot of keywords and when i'm putting them in prestashop it seems it freezes for a minute (after loading 10 to 15% of the keywords)

Some product have more than 6000 keywords, some more, some less

The problem i have is not loading, i can understand and accept that.

No, my real issue is when there are too many keywords i can't even access the product via prestashop, my web browser ask me if i want to close the window because there is no response.

So my question : Should i do something like index stuff to get better performance ? Is there a module that can help me with that ? Any suggestions ? Advice ?

Thanks you very much

5 minutes ago, NemoPS said:

If you mean "meta keywords" you can save yourself some trouble, search engines do not use them anymore since years :)

thanks for the response Nemo

Actually i want to force my customers to use the search engine of PS to find the product compatible.

I have made a small change on the product.tpl so that when someone enter a keyword and click on search, they can directly find the related compatible product and the keyword is displayed in the title and in the description with the tag {keyword}

This allow me to have one product that cover thousands of compatibility.

The problem is, i cannot access the product in my back office when there is too much keywords.

I don't know if i got the right approach, i thought maybe indexing something could help (i'm very new to this and there are a lot of things i'm not aware of)

Again, thanks you

8 hours ago, NemoPS said:

I see, what field did you use for the keywords then?

CATALOG --> PRODUCT --> <<MYPRODUCT>>--> OPTIONS--> KEYWORDS

Image 1.png

So it's kinda of working, i had to wait 20 min to the page to respond.

I guess there is no limit but it take a insane amount of time to load one product.

Edited by boris (see edit history)
  • Like 1