Correct currency for payment by Paypal

vanhan588

Dear PrestaShop administrator and users,

Please support me to solve the problem about set up currency:

Right now, we use Paypal as a method of payment and we set up currency for payment is VND (currency is use in Vietnam), for example Bath Salt Cleansing 166,000 VND. However, when our customers buy some products and check out, the price is count for these products is USD - $498,000! Thus, I would like to correct: $498,000 to 498,000 VND

Kindly help me to solve this problem.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you very much.

Van Han

35705_Xk2SCzqklDjtCWkDz6vp_t

As far as i know ... Your currency : VND , doesn't registered yet on PayPal

This mean you can't use VND currency to receive money via PayPal.
So ... you should use the latest currency rates prevailing on your country to convert VND to US Dollar instead changing the currency.

customer must use US Dollar if they are wanna pay with their PayPal, and this can be done with payment restriction settings via back office >> payment

You can also receive money in another currency, as long as this currency is registered on PayPal.
Take a look on your PayPal account to get the list of currency that allowed by PayPal

Thank you very much for your feedback - gonebdg

Actually, my website have two languages: English and Vietnamese. Please see the attached file for price and payment. The problem is that I would like to use VND as default currency to easy for our customers in Vietnam so I set up the currency is VND.

And you are right, Paypal does not have Vietnam Dong (VND) for payment yet. Thus, I think I need much support from PrestaShop, not Paypal because as you had known, VND doesn't registered yet on Paypal. Could you please give me another solutions?

Again, Thank you very much for your advice.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

35839_ByxQJTYJDma41pUXBrmE_t

It doesn't matter if you are used English and Vietnamese languages.

But you must use USD or any other currency registered on PayPal to received Money via PayPal

So you have to used VND and USD on your online shop. You can use VND for local payment, and must use USD for overseas payment via PayPal.

Set your PayPal module Restriction to only received USD (Back office >> payment), so any customer can't make a payment by PayPal if they are not used USD when the are make an order on your shop.

Take a look on my online shop http://webindoshop.com , and try to make a test order ... buy some product inside category : "Test Shopping" (in english) or "Coba belanja" (in Indonesian language) and try to checkout with USD ($) or IDR (Rp)
You'll see ... how

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Dear Vanhan,

I am in UAE, our currency is AED and it is not supported just like yours and I am having the same issue.

I want people to view the prices as AED but when it goes to paypa, it can convert to usd.

Did you find a solution for the need?

Pleaseee let me know. I would appreciate.

Thanks, looking forward to hearing from you.