Issues with cache in 1.7 after migrating shop

Hi, 

I know this is an old topic since I have seen tones of posts about this but I have not managed to find a suitable solution to my issue. 

I am working in a server where we are setting up a shop and I want to move the store locally to work on it faster and when it is finished move it back up to the server. I have followed all insructions but I cannot get the local copy of the shop working. There are several issues but the main one I would say is that there seems to be some kind of information saved in the cache folder which prevents me for doing a lot of things like conecting to the database or loading some pages.

I have properly configured the /app/config/parameters.php file to connect to the database but this configuration is not doing anything. At some point I noticed it was looking for a file in app/cache/prod/appParameters.php but I emptied the cache folder because I thought that it was not needed, apparently it is. I put the cache back again and modify the cached parameters file with my database credentials (otherwise could not log in). But even then, I can go to the back of the store, but when I try to go to the performace configuration for instance I get an error in apache saying that the connection cannot be done and the error prints a function call in which I can see that the password used is the one in the server, not the one  have set in the parameters.php file and in the cached one!

I think that this is a mess already so please, could you let me know why the cache is even needed and what can I do to fix this?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Well, I think I found the issue. This is really a mess...

Apparently the database connection information is saved in several places in cache and there was the file appProdProjectContainer.php which still contained the old database information. Removing that file did the trick.

The cache folder is a mess when moving the shopt from one server to another and for some reason not having that folder made the site crash everywhere. Instead of recreating files if needed the site crashed when any file was not present, which is weird if it is a cache folder.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...