Adding new field to product_lang

drow

Hello,

when adding a field to the administration panel for categories, I currently get the error "Hack attempt [field] is empty for default language.". But in the $_POST vars the field exists. What I did is the following:

1. Added new column 'nav_title' to ps_product_lang table in database.

2. Modified classes/Category.php:
2.a. added new property 'nav_title'
2.b. added 'nav_title' to property $fieldsRequiredLang
2.c. added 'nav_title' => 64 to property $fieldsSizeLang
2.d. added 'nav_title' => 'isGenericName' to property $fieldsValidateLang
2.e. added 'nav_title' to argument array of parent::getTranslationsFields in method getTranslationsFieldsChild

3. Modified tabs/AdminCategories.php: added lines on method displayForm as follows:

'.$this->l('Navigation title:').' 
';
       foreach ($languages as $language)
           echo '

<input type="text" style="width: 260px" name="nav_title_'.$language['id_lang'].'" id="nav_title_'.$language['id_lang'].'" value="'.htmlentities($this->getFieldValue($obj, 'nav_title', intval($language['id_lang'])), ENT_COMPAT, 'UTF-8').'" /> *
'.$this->l('Invalid characters:').' <>;=#{} 
';
       $this->displayFlags($languages, $defaultLanguage, $langtags, 'cnav_title');
       echo '        

Is there anything I forgot?

Cheers

--

As I found a solution for it and didn't want this post to reside without, in case someone stumbles over it..

The problem wasn't about something missed in the procedure, but as all sub-categories get updated on an update as well, the respective field for those was empty and therefore the error got fired.

Soulition: The field is now dynamically added or removed (just shows up for categories having home category set as parent).