How To Edit Home Page Containts like Meta Discriptions, meta name & Keywords

Vilas

Dear Members,

I want to edit my homepage contains like base ref, Meta Descriptions, meta name & Keywords etc...robots options So can anyone tell me how to do it? I want to edit it manually not through prestashop tools option. I want to add more keywords on my site. In opencart I found that no limit option to add keywords whereas in Prestashop I think keyword and meta description limit is set to 255. Also what text we have to keep in ROBOTS as I have generated my robot file through Prestashop tools. But while using google webmaster for many links its saying that contains blocked by robots. Sometimes its showing error as "404" Also in webmaster that is showing old product which I have already removed before 15-20 days. But still links are appearing in webmaster can anyone tell me solution to remove old links permanently?

Regards
Vilas

You will need to manually edit header.tpl in your theme's directory to add a base ref. You should enter all your meta information in the Back Office though rather than attempt to hardcode it into the theme. You shouldn't be using too many keywords or entering long meta descriptions. You can manually edit robots.txt in the root directory if you aren't happy with PrestaShop's default settings.

• 2 months later...