Need help with Fatal Error

Hello,

I am trying to add the Product Comments - add a review feature in the product list, but when I do I get the following 2 Notices and
and a Fatal Error.

Notice: Undefined index: product in C:\wamp64\www\msmpresta1.6.1.14\tools\smarty\sysplugins\smarty_internal_templatebase.php(157) : eval()'d code on line 183
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\wamp64\www\msmpresta1.6.1.14\tools\smarty\sysplugins\smarty_internal_templatebase.php(157) : eval()'d code on line 183

Fatal error: Call to undefined method CategoryController::getProduct() in C:\wamp64\www\msmpresta1.6.1.14\modules\productcomments\productcomments.php on line 783

Line 783 is $product = $this->context->controller->getProduct();

Any help on what is causing the errors and how to fix them would be appreciated.

I am using Prestashop version 1.6.1.14 and Product Comments version 3.6.1 

Thank you.

Kathleen

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Kathleen

You did not mention how you are trying to add comment on product list page. I mean what code you tried,

what hook you use ? Do you use custom theme ?

But error message is clear, you need to pass current product so it would get review. 

But I think you just need to check if module is hooked to right place "displayProductListReviews" and also

do you have in your theme, in file product-list.tpl code similar to this :

{capture name='displayProductListReviews'}{hook h='displayProductListReviews' product=$product}{/capture}
					{if $smarty.capture.displayProductListReviews}
						<div class="hook-reviews">
						{hook h='displayProductListReviews' product=$product}
						</div>
					{/if}

Hello Razaro,

Thank you for replying!!!

I have managed to add the review feature via a custom hook, and in that hook I have the following code:

include_once dirname(__FILE__).'/ProductComment.php';
        include_once dirname(__FILE__).'/ProductCommentCriterion.php';

$id_guest = (!$id_customer = (int) $this->context->cookie->id_customer) ? (int) $this->context->cookie->id_guest : false;
        $customerComment = ProductComment::getByCustomer((int) (Tools::getValue('id_product')), (int) $this->context->cookie->id_customer, true, (int) $id_guest);

$average = ProductComment::getAverageGrade((int) Tools::getValue('id_product'));
        $product = $this->context->controller->getProduct();
        $image = Product::getCover((int) Tools::getValue('id_product'));
        $cover_image = $this->context->link->getImageLink($product->link_rewrite, $image['id_image'], 'medium_default');

$this->context->smarty->assign(array(
            'id_product_comment_form' => (int) Tools::getValue('id_product'),
            'product' => $product,
            'secure_key' => $this->secure_key,
            'logged' => $this->context->customer->isLogged(true),
            'allow_guests' => (int) Configuration::get('PRODUCT_COMMENTS_ALLOW_GUESTS'),
            'productcomment_cover' => (int) Tools::getValue('id_product').'-'.(int) $image['id_image'], // retro compat
            'productcomment_cover_image' => $cover_image,
            'mediumSize' => Image::getSize(ImageType::getFormatedName('medium')),
            'criterions' => ProductCommentCriterion::getByProduct((int) Tools::getValue('id_product'), $this->context->language->id),
            'action_url' => '',
            'averageTotal' => round($average['grade']),
            'ratings' => ProductComment::getRatings((int) Tools::getValue('id_product')),
            'too_early' => ($customerComment && (strtotime($customerComment['date_add']) + Configuration::get('PRODUCT_COMMENTS_MINIMAL_TIME')) > time()),
            'nbComments' => (int) (ProductComment::getCommentNumber((int) Tools::getValue('id_product'))),
       ));

return $this->display(__FILE__, '/mytemplate.tpl');

The link is via a pencil icon. But when I try to add a review by clicking on the icon, the fancybox with the form opens, but it is always the same product,
that is I have 6 products in the list, but every link shows the same product - the first product in the list. I am assuming this is happening as it was
written to be used on the products page where there is only one product.

When I enabled the debug, I received the fatal error message.

The code that opens the fancybox is:

<script>
	$(document).ready(function() {	

if (!!$.prototype.fancybox)
			$('.open-comment-form').fancybox({
				'autoSize' : false,
				'width': 800,
				'height': auto,
				'hideOnContentClick': false,
				'title' : null,

});	
});	
</script>

{if (!$too_early AND ($is_logged OR ($PRODUCT_COMMENTS_ALLOW_GUESTS == 0)))}	
	<p class="align_center">
		<a class="open-comment-form" href="#new_comment_form" title="{l s='Write your review' mod='productcomments'}!"></a>
	</p>
{/if}

Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated, as it is beyond my knowledge to fix it.  Thank you.

Kathleen