PrestaShop own newsletter module not GDPR compliant?

gaiuspahk

Hi!

Bough the Official GDPR Module for Prestashop 1.6, which should help me manage all other modules that require consent from users and so on. But the newsletter module doesn't show up there. I can't add a opt-in box from under the newsletter module (blocknewsletter) settings or the GDPR module settings.

screencapture-autocare-ee-admin123-index-php-2018-05-26-12_32_12.png

screencapture-autocare-ee-2018-05-26-12_32_55.png

On 5/26/2018 at 5:37 AM, gaiuspahk said:

which should help me manage all other modules that require consent from users and so on.

What gave you the impression that the "Official GDPR" module from Prestashop would help you manage "all other modules"?

40 minutes ago, bellini13 said:

What gave you the impression that the "Official GDPR" module from Prestashop would help you manage "all other modules"?

Addons:

"Developed by the PrestaShop team with help from our GDPR experts, the Official GDPR Compliance module is the only one that offers you a solution adapted not only for your site that processes the personal data collected by the PrestaShop solution, but also the modules installed on your store."

PrestaShop Developers forum:

http://build.prestashop.com/howtos/module/how-to-make-your-module-compliant-with-prestashop-official-gdpr-compliance-module/

The module itself (backoffice view):

"For other installed modules requiring consent confirmation, they will be displayed in this tab only if they have done the GDPR update. The corresponding fields will automatically appear in order for you to customize the consent confirmation checkboxes."

Do I need to add more?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/28/2018 at 9:03 AM, gaiuspahk said:

"For other installed modules requiring consent confirmation, they will be displayed in this tab only if they have done the GDPR update. The corresponding fields will automatically appear in order for you to customize the consent confirmation checkboxes."

Yea, you should probably read this line closer...  all these other modules you are referring to... where they updated to support GDPR?

On 6/13/2018 at 12:58 PM, bellini13 said:

Yea, you should probably read this line closer...  all these other modules you are referring to... where they updated to support GDPR?

It is strange that prestashop's own newsletter module has not been updated to support GDPR. I updated the GDPR module and the newsletter module today, however we still can't add a consent box to the block itself in order to make it GDPR compliant. So I have disabled the newsletter block in the footer until this is resolved.

It's not a big issue for me as I don't really do this type of marketing, but for anyone who does (and I'm guessing a lot of companies rely on this) it must be very worrying.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 14/06/2018 at 3:52 PM, mowax said:

It is strange that prestashop's own newsletter module has not been updated to support GDPR. I updated the GDPR module and the newsletter module today, however we still can't add a consent box to the block itself in order to make it GDPR compliant. So I have disabled the newsletter block in the footer until this is resolved.

It's not a big issue for me as I don't really do this type of marketing, but for anyone who does (and I'm guessing a lot of companies rely on this) it must be very worrying.

Same question... I bought and installer official GDPR module for Prestashop 1.6 and upgraded my installation to the last 1.6 version.

GDPR consent appears in contact form and account creation BUT not in newsletter registration form :( Although the code of the module has been updated with the "displayGDPRConsent" hook ! 

Regards,

David.

Edited by Daaaaad
More info (see edit history)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PrestaShop is starting to become a joke. The developer on this module when fixing it to work on my theme broke other functionalities, and now he doesn't respond to my requests.

PrestaShop support just closed my chat after saying you have to contact the developer. Such a rude way, I have never had a chat closed, without the person asking if there is anything we can do for you.

I'm taking this directly with my credit card company.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...