Never some Help on this forum

markoroots

Question

Don't you think that this place need some more Moderators??

Maybe in this way the most part of the threads will not be ignored.

Each time I have opened a thread, Never I have received an answer and I see the many other people that need some information or some help ar let abbandoned there.

It is really sad to see the official forum of Prestashop in this way.

Edited by markoroots (see edit history)

7 answers to this question

hace 18 horas, markoroots dijo:

Don't you think that this place need some more Moderators??

Maybe in this way the most part of the threads will not be ignored.

Each time I have opened a thread, Never I have received an answer and I see the many other people that need some information or some help ar let abbandoned there.

It is really sad to see the official forum of PS in this way.

Hi,

To answer questions, a person does not need to be a moderator.
Being a moderator is totally voluntary as well as collaborating with an NGO. It has no personal advantage for a user to be a moderator.

Sorry for my English

Wow incredible... an answer. The first one I had in this forum.

I know that all can answer but if no one do it who admin the forum must think how must make work the forum.

So the moderators can be voluntary or also paid if needed and this place need some good people that make work the platform.

I'm sure there are many developers that would love to be moderator here especially if the admin let show them a link to them site in the digital signature as also you have done. So why don't ask other people with right skills to participate in this way?

Is the PS forum and not a nuts forum, letting in this way is really a bad thing. Never an help. 

I can understand that there are all languages, ok you cannot have 100 moderators but let work the english section good. Instead no and it seems all abandoned.

Edited by markoroots (see edit history)

hace 3 horas, markoroots dijo:

I have also seen that you move my thread in the IP Board section where all threads are answered, but my thread was opened in the Prestashop section as you know and where the 80% of the threads are with 0 answers.

I have not moved the topic, in the history it says that it has been https://www.prestashop.com/forums/profile/45807-razaro/ @razaro that has moved the topic

Sorry for my English

hace 3 horas, markoroots dijo:

Wow incredible... an answer. The first one I had in this forum.

I know that all can answer but if no one do it who admin the forum must think how must make work the forum.

So the moderators can be voluntary or also paid if needed and this place need some good people that make work the platform.

I'm sure there are many developers that would love to be moderator here especially if the admin let show them a link to them site in the digital signature as also you have done. So why don't ask other people with right skills to participate in this way?

Is the PS forum and not a nuts forum, letting in this way is really a bad thing. Never an help. 

I can understand that there are all languages, ok you cannot have 100 moderators but let work the english section good. Instead no and it seems all abandoned.

The forums usually work in that way, 99% of users are volunteers.

In my opinion personal no economic incentive should be encouraged to participate and help. In the past I helped in the Spanish community and I have never asked for money to help, it is not ethical.

Help is each one's will. If users can not help or do not want you can not force them. It is about the mentality of society
----

My English is bad.
Sorry for my English

Edited by nadie (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hi Nadie,

thanks for your message. Your english is not bad. ;)

You have reason for some ways but let me tell that if there isn't enough free people that can help the users then is a good thing to think to take some other person also paying them untill the forum doesn't go alone in a good way to let help who is asking help, because if they go on a forum to ask some help and this help is not given then the forum is not working. It's simple.

I tell you these because I'm the owner of some forums. The italian one is the the more frequented forum in Italy as you can see here www.sigarettaelettronicaforum.com

So I just tell you these things as a tip from a friend to the owners of this useful platform.

I wish you all the best.

Regards

Marco

• Thanks 1

Hey markoroots,

I agree 100% with your original post. Out of about 20 problems I have ever posted here I have gotten about 2 answers. Maybe 10% is good enough here. But yes this by far the worst forum I have ever worked with. I have been using forums like this (ei., for Photoshop, CAD programs and a litany of other products) for over 20 years, almost always with good experiences.  The only thing that makes any sense to me is that most people are paying people fix their problems. I can't afford to do this.

I never expect much to come from this forum any more. So that way it is a pleasant experience if something does.

Zed

@Zedster I agree with you for some time there is not easy to get some help on forum. I tell you why, because most active users who helped on forum are also moderators on forum, for some (long) time we have issue with spam. PrestaShop team for months didn't do nothing about it, so moderator came to forum and spend a lot of time on removing spam, this is frustrating for us, and we didn't have much time for help, we are sometime tired by cleaning forum, checking reported content etc. Second part is that when somebody start new topic it is display in top but not for as, we see lot more when normall users, we see all spammers topic, your post for us is not in top of first page we see it sometime in tenth page beteween spam post.
At first forum need to solve spam issue , then will be much easier to get help. PS team didn't hear us, they now don't care, because this is only us moderators case. I think when will be a lot of voices on social media about fixing forum problem there will be faster respond.