Question

i have a big problem these days with a lot of spam from russian mail sites. I receive about 1500 mails a day!!!! put recaptcha and it works- i've tested it, but still get e-mails from contact form. any advice or help with the platform will be great.

7 answers to this question

how can i block them from the platform? i also tried to delete the contact page and the contact-form.tpl with ftp and still received mail as of now i have 600 new e-mails since the start of the topic

Maybe you could try to block ip form Russia.

In backoffice:

International > Geolocation > Select the countries from which your store is accessible

you can use this module it has variety of  recaptcha (backend, frontend signin, Signup, contact )+ registration email validation

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/registration-ordering-process/8041-new-customer-email-verification-and-google-recaptcha.html

+ You need to go to the backend SEO URLS and change the friendly url from contact-us to Writetous ot something else

Edited by MackStores.Com

On 2018/8/6 at 11:21 AM, MackStores.Com said:

+ You need to go to the backend SEO URLS and change the friendly url from contact-us to Writetous ot something else

It seems to work with this method.

10 hours ago, swz3000 said:

It seems to work with this method.

Yup any bot will have to remember the  url so in our new module the url rewrite will change after ever N number of days through cron job automatically so that bots do not  spam it.