Maximilion

Drop-Down Categories-Menu (for Frontpage)

Hello,

i am looking for a modul which can show categories & subcategories in Drop-Downs.

Exactly like here: http://www.ifixit.com/
(direct under "easy as").

As i really need this function i will also pay for it.

Thanks

Hi,

Here is my multi level drop down menu.

> INSTALLATION
1. Unzip the following module in your modules directory
2. In your BO > Modules : Uninstall BlockCategories module
3. Install Categories block with drop down menu
4. Go into BO > Modules > Positions so as to put it whereever you want in your left column.

See ya

Updated 27th of march

PS : I like beer ;) So if you like this module and use this menu, I WOULDN'T REFUSE A PAYPAL BEER GUYS !
Paypal account : damiengoeres@yahoo.fr

#of download from the 18th of august : 999

#of cool people who offered me a Paypal Beer : 2 ... :-(

THANKS ! I just made that menu for yous ... and spent few days on it...

blockcategoriesdaymo.zip

6371_KzRRr6mGshv4P1LdNfcQ_t

Thanks daYmo but,

I think I'm doing something wrong since when I click on them only takes me to the categories just like any link :-(

If you don't have subcategories, it is a link.
If you have subcategories ... it drops down an show subcategories (which are links).

3168_sGsGC3Q38U93mnHeDtKK_t

Post Scriptum : Make sure you've got your category level depth set to 2 ....

installed - OK
level depth set to 2

They don't open!!! :roll: - onmouseover
Where should I customise it?

Thanks ahead!

I did it quickly so ... Maybe not adapted to any version of PS.
I did it and test it on SVN version.
Not sure it'll work on previous version.

Otherwise it may be a javascript conflict : check the includes at the beggining of modules/blockcategoriesdaymo/blockcategoriesdaymo.tpl
in your themes/XXXX/header.tpl

If I've got more time I'll have a look but I don't use it, I don't need it and I've got so much to do...

Paiement module, ajax search module, etc.

I did it quickly so ... Maybe not adapted to any version of PS.
I did it and test it on SVN version.
Not sure it'll work on previous version.

Otherwise it may be a javascript conflict : check the includes at the beggining of modules/blockcategoriesdaymo/blockcategoriesdaymo.tpl
in your themes/XXXX/header.tpl

If I've got more time I'll have a look but I don't use it, I don't need it and I've got so much to do...

Paiement module, ajax search module, etc.

Testing it on Version 1.1 beta 3 -suppose there should be settings 4 open click or onmouseover

Because it's not the same as the regular category...
what do you mean TropischBruin ?

Because it's not the same as the regular category...
what do you mean TropischBruin ?

Thanks for your responce.

I realy like your work, but if you look at the style of the original Category and then look at yours it does not fit in the default PS template (colors, borders, format ect.).
I hope you understand what I mean.

your module is great. but the category list is always open.
it should be closed. see at www.honingraat.eu/shop
do you have a solution for that?

@TropischBruin : OK I know what you mean ! You know I just made that module to answer someone on the forum. I don't need that module, etc. So, I just helped someone and gave the community this module but you have to make your own css style... I don't wanna spend 2 hours making images and css stylesheet. I don't have time.

@dragon : I don't know how you installed it but some includes are missing.
You have to put this in your header or somewhere :

<*script type="text/javascript" src="/shop/modules/blockcategoriesdaymo/js/jquery-1.2.2.pack.js">*script>
<*script type="text/javascript" src="/shop/modules/blockcategoriesdaymo/js/ddaccordion.js">*script>

<*script type="text/javascript">
       ddaccordion.init({
           headerclass: "expandable", //Shared CSS class name of headers group that are expandable
           contentclass: "categoryitems", //Shared CSS class name of contents group
           collapseprev: true, //Collapse previous content (so only one open at any time)? true/false 
           defaultexpanded: [0], //index of content(s) open by default [index1, index2, etc]. [] denotes no content
           animatedefault: false, //Should contents open by default be animated into view?
           persiststate: true, //persist state of opened contents within browser session?
           toggleclass: ["", "openheader"], //Two CSS classes to be applied to the header when it's collapsed and expanded, respectively ["class1", "class2"]
           togglehtml: ["prefix", "", ""], //Additional HTML added to the header when it's collapsed and expanded, respectively  ["position", "html1", "html2"] (see docs)
           animatespeed: "normal", //speed of animation: "fast", "normal", or "slow"
           oninit:function(headers, expandedindices){ //custom code to run when headers have initalized
               //do nothing
           },
           onopenclose:function(header, index, state, isclicked){ //custom code to run whenever a header is opened or closed
               //do nothing
           }
       })
*script>

I uploaded the module. Now I uploaded your old version of the module and it is working but it is giving another error.
So I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

@TropischBruin : OK I know what you mean ! You know I just made that module to answer someone on the forum. I don't need that module, etc. So, I just helped someone and gave the community this module but you have to make your own css style... I don't wanna spend 2 hours making images and css stylesheet. I don't have time.

Not even for a (PayPal)beer?

:lol:

OK, I'll have to look into that then.
Thanks anyway!

If you don't have subcategories, it is a link.
If you have subcategories ... it drops down an show subcategories (which are links).

Sorry, I new to this. How to integrate with oscommerce shopping cart?
Can you give me a few steps.

Thanks

hi i am new here...
help me please, i use prestashop v 1.0.0.8 and theme default from prestashop. i just follow the instruction but i can't.
after i uninstall blockcategories original, and delete folder and change with new folder from daymo, at Back Office > Modules i can't find blockcategories again. why?

can everybody help me?

thanks a lot...

Hi this module is working fine for me

I unzip this folder,copied to modules folder.
I install this block..everything is fine..
But if i view the product through this module,"more info","data sheet" are coming in same tab

wat to do? where to change the code

very nice menu but what if i need to reduce the size of the botons and menu !>>!?

ok.... since some people are interested in taht menu, I may take some time to make it better & working fine...
I could not know it would be helpfull.
I'll let you know when it's done

merci daymo pour ce module , je le trouve tres bien pour mon cas mais est t il possible de faire un clic sur une categories qui comporte des sous categories ? car chez moi ca ne fonctionne pas , je laisse le lien de mon site www.modelismeferro.com et voir sur rails et voies la categories ne se remonte pas c'est normal ? ou est ce moi qui est mal configurer .

désolé si cela as deja ete traité mais je ne parle pas anglais

sam

Ok,
I took time today to do it for yous who had problems.
Sorry for the delay but I don't need that module (was working on modules on my websites, search, etc....)
here is the module updated.
Now, just make your css to adapted to your website.
Let me know if everything's alright for you.
See ya.

UPDATED 27th of march : possibility for 3 levels navigation (subcategories).

download here : http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/8272/#36984

6372_lzJjK0AMqZwWhNyVr7eV_t

Now it's possible to have multi levels.
Give me your reviews.

Nice menu.. but i LOVE the one you use on your own homepage.. What about sharing that one with the rest of us :) :)

Hi compuland.

1) I cannot share it coz it's made especially for MusicDestock, therefore I cannot make it work for all websites.
2) Then if I share that code which is made for this specific website it won't work for all websites and evertybody will ask "Hey nice one but It does'nt work please help me.... " or " the menu is displaying on 2 lines how can I ..." or "please how to change the width of .. " or ... and I don't wanna spend time (and I don't have that time) as I did for that drop down menu.
3) It's good to see different prestashop websites, it's anoying to see prestashop website that all look the same ;)
4)

What about sharing that one with the rest of us

you don't even say "please" AND you don't even give a "symbolic euro" for all the work I've done for that drop down menu...
You know if everybody who are sharing a module get 1€ per download, they will be able to work more on other modules to share with you. And if you download a module that works and you are using why not giving a euro to say "THANKS". It takes 3 minutes to install a module, it takes 2 minutes to send a euro using paypal, whereas you are using a module that took hours to develop.
I didn't do it for money, but I just wanted to see how people were acting here : now I'm starting to see ! You get you get you get from others and never give the effort back.
I don't want to start a polemic on that subject so I'll finish saying that the point n°4 was just a remark ;)

See ya

Your right about all of your points. If you where to make i work to my site, what would the price be?

You've got too many "main categories" for that kind of menu. 16 categories....
And your 1st level categories name are too long for this kind of menu.
I advise you to use a vertical drop down menu.
Otherwise the horizontal menu would have to be on 3 lines ...
Furthermore there really are specific developments : I've got an additionnal specific field in category database table, etc.
It would take a day to do it for your website.

See ya

Thanks. I guess you understood. As you can see on my website, the font size is already small and there are 13 first level categories with some small names as "pack", "amplis", etc.
I advise you to use the default vertical category menu or the drop down I developed and use a horizontal one just made of representative images for main categories such as : PC - LAPTOP - GPS - HARDWARE - HIFI - VIDEO - SOFTWARE - TV
Actually ... categories that are the most seen on your website.
Bye

Yeah i understood you. i just thanked you for looking at it. i want to keed them all in one menu so i'll keep looking for a good vertical drop-down. cuz i think the standard menu is a bit doll.

i installed this module but it gives me error please check attachment....

7712_eyZQYEVxOrq99BFnjE9n_t

How can I remove empty spaces between categories?
They are not correct in some browsers...

7978_i41lJjZINzc85E32TGV8_t

i installed Drop-Down Categories-Menu module but still getting the error that i attached last time

here i am attaching again.....

8039_9oFuhy6qbCRdVHqNkJGN_t

I have the same problem as friendz11. Once it is installed, showing exactly like what friendz11 has. Any idea for solution? I am using version 1.2.2. is it problem with compability of versions?

thanks

This should be a Solution :
change this line of code in /classes/Module.php

public static function getModulesOnDisk()
   {
       $moduleList = array();
       $errors = array();
       $modules_dir = self::getModulesDirOnDisk();
       foreach ($modules_dir AS $module)
       {
           $file = trim(file_get_contents(_PS_MODULE_DIR_.'/'.$module.'/'.$module.'.php'));
           if (substr($file, 0, 5) == '<?php')
               $file = substr($file, 5);
           if (substr($file, -2) == '?>')
               $file = substr($file, 0, -2);
           if (class_exists($module, false) OR eval($file) !== false)
               $moduleList[] = new $module;
           else
               $errors[] = $module;
       }

if (sizeof($errors))
       {
           echo ''.Tools::displayError('Parse error(s) in module(s)').'';
           foreach ($errors AS $error)
               echo ''.$error.'';
           echo '';
       }
       return $moduleList;
   } 

into this :

public static function getModulesOnDisk()
   {
       $modules_dir = self::getModulesDirOnDisk();
       foreach ($modules_dir AS $module)
       {
           require_once _PS_MODULE_DIR_.'/'.$module.'/'.$module.'.php';
           $moduleList[] = new $module;
       }
       return $moduleList;
   } 

BTW,
am not sure how this affects other modules. On my shop it works like a charm.

thunder11

;-P
For this ( parse ) error on version 1.2.5:

Try: I would suggest to change the code page encoding of all the files blockcategoriesdaymo folders from UTF-8 to
ANSI (windows). with an editor (PsPad etc.)

This solution works on my installation. I would not change the module.php file.

13835_zLONDExW0Fx1ZMEF2bEA_t

13836_u9Q9qXOGVMm5jXFD1mja_t

13837_vn8kyoM1g2VXyaCLGNvT_t

When downloading the module, I get an error message as of version 1.2.4.0 of PrestaShop.

I solved the error by editing the "blockcategoriesdaymo.php" file and replaced the initial charakters "<?php" with "<?php". The file has to start with <?php, without any garbage before it.

Regards,

Sijmen

Hi Guys,

I was experiencing the same issue when I tried installing this module by uploading the unzipped files via FTP. I resolved this by deleting everything, then I did the upload and install via the backoffice of PS. I am using V1.2.5.

Cheers!

Hi,

Here is my multi level drop down menu.

> INSTALLATION
1. Unzip the following module in your modules directory
2. In your BO > Modules : Uninstall BlockCategories module
3. Install Categories block with drop down menu
4. Go into BO > Modules > Positions so as to put it whereever you want in your left column.

See ya

Updated 27th of march

PS : I like beer ;) So if you like this module and use this menu, I WOULDN'T REFUSE A PAYPAL BEER GUYS !
Paypal account : damiengoeres@yahoo.fr

#of download from the 18th of august : 999

#of cool people who offered me a Paypal Beer : 2 ... :-(

THANKS ! I just made that menu for yous ... and spent few days on it...

Hi Daymo, I have installed your module and it works great, although when you are in a a product page a large image of a 404 "?" comes up. Any ideas??

17427_pHQWiC6K24H71gQkm4lA_t

Bonjour,

Tout d'abord merci pour ce module qui est vraiment très bien !

J'aurai juste souhaiter savoir comment modifier la position des images "plus.gif" et "minus.gif".
En fait, je voudrai que celles-ci se trouvent à gauche du texte et non à droite comme c'est le cas.

Merci à vous pour vos réponses et @ bientôt j'espère ;)

Thibaut

i`d like to thank and wish all my best to daymon, who helped me with the errors i got.

GG daymo

Yes sure,
go into the file blockcategoriesdaymo.tpl
change lines 24 and 45 or something like that

togglehtml: ["suffix", "", ""],

by

togglehtml: ["prefix", "", ""],

Test that & let us know.
Bye

Yes sure,
go into the file blockcategoriesdaymo.tpl
change lines 24 and 45 or something like that
togglehtml: ["suffix", "", ""],

by

togglehtml: ["prefix", "", ""],

Test that & let us know.
Bye

Merci beaucoup, ça fonctionne parfaitement (j'espère que ça fonctionnera aussi avec l'URL Rewritting ;) )

@ bientôt

Thibaut

Hey,
so you make the 2 changes I told you in the tpl file (change suffix by prefix line 24 and 45
Furthermore,
change your css file by thye one attached here or just modify line 24

.glossymenu a.menuitem .statusicon{ /*CSS for icon image that gets dynamically added to headers*/
position: absolute;
right: 5px;
border: none;
}

by

.glossymenu a.menuitem .statusicon{ /*CSS for icon image that gets dynamically added to headers*/
position: absolute;
left: 5px;
border: none;
}

That's all.

@thibault
oui bien sûr cela fonctionne avec l'URL rewriting.
Bye

@thibault
oui bien sûr cela fonctionne avec l'URL rewriting.
Bye

Je voulais parler des autres problèmes que certains membres avaient avec l'url rewrtting (qui n'est pas dû aux icones).

Merci encore pour la rapidité et pour ce module qui est très bien ;)

@ bientôt

Thibaut

Bonjour

J'ai toujours le pb des points d'interrogation qui s'affichent lorsque je vais sur les pages livraison et les fiches produits

KKun peut m'aider???

Merci

Pour les points d'interrogation c'est pas bien compliqué c'est un problème de path....
remplacer le fichier /modules/blockcategoriesdaymo/blockcategoriesdaymo.php pour celui attaché.
Cdlt,
Damien

blockcategoriesdaymo.php

Hi! I managed to solve the problem of incompatibility version 1.2.5 of the module, by modifying the way it is written (saved), it is saved as utf8 + BOM, open a text editor and save it all just as UTF8 and try installing again

Hi DaYmo,
I can't get the module to display more than 3 sublevels. I've tried setting the maximum depth to 0 as well as 4 with no luck. Any suggestions?

Thank you

This works, i hawe it open on click, but how can i get it close when i click it again?

Friends,

Sorry for English, the fault lies with Google Translator (laughs). Jokes aside:

I am having problem of spacing the menu, I find it very sparse (http://www.prestashop.com/?ACT=29&fid=10&aid=6371_KzRRr6mGshv4P1LdNfcQ&board_id=1), I would like the original (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ddaccordionmenu-glossy.htm).

I made several adjustments to the CSS and JavaScript, including replacing the original, but without success.

Can anyone help me?

oops, i remember i saw a similar menu in the forum before, but i can not find it now.

;-P
For this ( parse ) error on version 1.2.5:

Try: I would suggest to change the code page encoding of all the files blockcategoriesdaymo folders from UTF-8 to
ANSI (windows). with an editor (PsPad etc.)

This solution works on my installation. I would not change the module.php file.

This solution works me fine!

Bonjour à tous,

Merci pour cet excellent module.
J'ai modifié l'aspect du module et je voudrais savoir où on change la position du texte de menuitem, ainsi que de submenu.
Je voudrais l'avoir au milieu.
Voir le sreenshot.

Merci d'avance.

Hi all,

Thanks for this great module.
I modified the template of this module but i don't no where i change the position of text for menuitem and submenu.
I want on middle.
View in the screenshot.

Thanks in advance.

26101_8ctmbY7phPCCZvnVS0aa_t

Bonjour! @Newcomer J'ai apprécié vos modifications dans le module et je me demande si vous pouvez partager avec notre communauté? Parce qu'il a résolu un problème qui n'a pas pu résoudre l'espacement des lignes.
En ce qui concerne le placement du texte, ce que je propose consiste à utiliser les CSS margin-top ou padding-top pour forcer la descente du texte.

J'attends votre interaction.

Étreinte

-------------

Bom dia! @Newcomer Gostei muito de suas modificações no módulo e gostaria de saber se é possível compartilhar com nossa comunidade? Pois resolveu um problema que não consegui resolver, o espaçamento das linhas.
Com relação ao posicionamento do texto, o que sugiro é no CSS usar a opção margin-top ou padding-top para forçar a descida do texto.

Aguardo sua interação.

Abraço

--------------

Good morning! @Newcomer I enjoyed your modifications in the module and I wonder if you can share with our community? Because it solved a problem that could not solve the spacing of the lines.
Regarding the placement of the text, what I suggest is to use the CSS margin-top or padding-top to force the descent of the text.

I await your interaction.

Hug

Bonjour @alexmartins,

Oui je peux partager sans problème mes modifications mais il n'est pas encore finalisé.

Je posterai prochainement les modifications à effectuer, ainsi qu'un fichier zip.

Pour le problème d'espace des ligne, il suffit de retirer ou mettre en commantaire le code suivant :

padding:0.5em 0.7em 0pt;

se trouvant dans global.css, au niveau de :

div.block .block_content {

Tout d'abord, la grosse modification que j'ai faite afin que le css fourni avec le module fonctionne à 100%, je l'ai inclus dans le global.css de mon thème et j'ai mis en commentaire la ligne d'appel au styles.css du module dans le fichier .tpl.

Pour ce qui est du texte, j'ai essayé tout ce qui était possible aussi bien avec

top:..px;

qu'avec

margin-top:..px;

, mais lorsque je fais ceci mes cadres descendent aussi.

Donc si quelqu'un peut m'aider afin de center le texte comme j'ai pû le faire pour l'icône [+] (voir screenshot de mon post précédent).

Merci d'avance.

Bonjour à tous,

Personne pour m'aider ?

Merci d'avance.

Hi all,
Nobody to help me ?

Thanks in advance

is daymo not replying to this thread anymore ?

the module is great ... but can someone tell me

1) how I can make the first category as open by default (expanded by default)

2) How can I make the category to be a link as in the attachment category "ALL T-SHIRTS" is not a link so when I clicked on it, it will just expand, I want it to be a LINK to all T-shirts category and when I click on the "+" sign it will expand.

3) Look at the attachment, the "+" sign is next to category "AUTO". how can I make this to be at the end (right side) just like the "ALL T-SHIRTS" category.

33790_MiLaG1FchcazFYSqxbJZ_t

Hi,

1) in the file blockcategoriesdaymo.php
replace

if (isset($_GET['id_category']))
       $smarty->assign('currentCategoryId', intval($_GET['id_category']));

by

if (isset($_GET['id_category']))
       $smarty->assign('currentCategoryId', intval($_GET['id_category']));
else
   $smarty->assign('currentCategoryId', intval($blockCategTree['children'][0]['id']));

2) In the category_tree_branch*.tpl files
replace the link that is in the condition

{if $node.children|@count > 0}

For instance in category_tree_branch.tpl file replace :

{$node.name|escape:htmlall:'UTF-8'}

by

{$node.name|escape:htmlall:'UTF-8'} 

and so on for the other tpl files.

3) use css.

Regards,
daYmo

Bonjour
j'ai Erreur(s) de parsing dans le(s) module(s)

1. blockcategoriesdaymo

Sur PS1.3.3.3
Cordialement

Bonjour,
C'est que ce n'est pas compatible avec PS1.3 !
Cordialement,

I downloaded and installed the block categories module but it says this....

Parse error(s) in module(s)

blockcategoriesdaymo

Hi! I managed to solve the problem of incompatibility version 1.2.5 of the module, by modifying the way it is written (saved), it is saved as utf8 + BOM, open a text editor and save it all just as UTF8 and try installing again

Wubugs have you tried this

How do I resave it without BOM? I downloaded this file from my FTP server

i suck. :( :(

i did all that and it says

1 error

error while extracting module (file may be corrupted)

i am terrible at this. :( :(

i did all that and it says

1 error

error while extracting module (file may be corrupted)

Good night,

i have installed the blockcategoriesdaymo.zip, made the changes i've seen in the forum and it works (not perfect) but good.
I have just one problem, when I click to the category the menu open then i click on the subcategory and I arrive in the product-list page showing all the products from this subcategory and the menu show me which subcategory with
a white color for exemple (.selected), after I click on one product to go into the product page and the menu still opened (that's perfect) but it lost the white selected (current) color and we don´t know in which subcategory we are ...

I've got friendly url but in the forum somebody says that it works with friendly url.

I don´t know what can I do, please help me.

photo 1 - product-list (ok)

photo 2 - product (lost the selected white color

40090_3eUYUbIa0s9fWun55YEA_t

40091_MlTuFCQBObPfSWgI3OwV_t

2011 March 17, I downloaded.
But, EN.php wasn't UTF-8
So, I changed to ANSI to UTF-8

Now, there is a parse error.
Did I do something wrong?

Getting the following in the BO so I can't install:

The following module(s) could not be loaded:

• blockcategoriesdaymo (parse error in /modules/blockcategoriesdaymo/blockcategoriesdaymo.php)
  • blockcategoriesdaymo (class missing in /modules/blockcategoriesdaymo/blockcategoriesdaymo.php)