issue-seting carriers to each product

J.J.M.L

Hello!

I am starting with Prestashop and I am experiencing the following issue:

On my shop, each of my products must have only one carrier, so, at the backoffice, on catalogue>products>shipping tag, I check only one carrier, leaving the rest unchecked

later, I log-in as a customer and try to buy a product, and when I reach the shipping tag on the check-out, all the carriers are ready to be selected, instead of only the one y checked before...

I am reading the documentation regarding products,carriers and shipping, and it seems that I should be able to configure my carriers for each product

any help? what I am doing wrong? thank you very much 

Perhaps the setting "out-of-range behaviour" at tab no 2 of each carrier ?

I have products that can be sent as letter post and depending on quantity as parcels and other only as parcels. some I delivery from my own stock and other as drop shipments from my supplier. If they use a different carrier or higher cost I create a seperate carrier for this. For the letter post I play around with they product weight (use a imaginary weight and set the carrier "out-of-range behaviour" to "disbale carrier" so the "letter post" carrier does not show in the cart if the quanitity ordered (i.e. imaginary total weight) is above a certain level.