How do I get Combinations to price automatically

Pente14

Hi

I am using PrestaShop version: 1.7.3.2 for the first time (previously 1.6).

When I went thru the Generate Combinations process with 1.6 I would enter the pricing effect of each feature.

How do I set the effect of each attribute so that multiple attribute combinations will generate automatic new prices?

Apologies for probably missing something very basic

Many thanks for your help

Steve

8 hours ago, Rho_Bur said:

No automatic way unless you prepare a CSV file with this and import it using the CSV import feature.

Or, of course using a third party (paid) module.

Many thanks for answering ......

So on this topic 1.7 is worse than 1.6

REALLY??!?!?!?

Has anyone found a solution to this.  We cannot be unique 

In case I have misled people ..... 

These are what I think are equivalent 1.6 to 1.7 screens

The first shows the selected combinations in 1.6 where you can enter the price effect of that feature.

The second is the 1.7 equivalent.

image.thumb.png.4b70d3362618cb3dcb32fc65a7587f6d.png

This looks like the screen but seems you enter each combination rather than feature

image.thumb.png.4dbb663329bfb4adc76c507c3f8b41aa.png

As far as I know that price effect can be set in 1.6 when you CREATE combinations. But the only thing that the system stores are the prices for the individual combinations. So when you want to CHANGE prices for a certain attribute you are out of luck. 

So I don't see differences between 1.6 and 1.7 here.

3 hours ago, musicmaster said:

As far as I know that price effect can be set in 1.6 when you CREATE combinations. But the only thing that the system stores are the prices for the individual combinations. So when you want to CHANGE prices for a certain attribute you are out of luck. 

So I don't see differences between 1.6 and 1.7 here.

Yep, you have to change the individual attributes product by product.  However 1.6 enables you to enter the effect on the price feature by feature then generates automatically the effect on the final price, combination by combination.

I haven't been able to find where to create the "effect on pricing" per feature rather than working out the effect per combination - which is basically a pain in the nether regions.

Any suggestions?

Steve

• 2 years later...

There doesn't seem to have been any improvement on this in PS 1.7.7.1. has anyone found a viable solution to this? So that we can add the price impact for each attribute on generation of the combinations so that the combination price impacts are calculated automatically? It is such a pain to a) have to calculate all the prices and b) have to put them them all one by one!

I have seen a couple of add-ons that allow you to add attribute price impact, but you use them outside of the product page (could deal with that) but then have to export your settings to reuse them again later (if new products are to have the same attributes). 

4 hours ago, babyewok said:

There doesn't seem to have been any improvement on this in PS 1.7.7.1. has anyone found a viable solution to this? So that we can add the price impact for each attribute on generation of the combinations so that the combination price impacts are calculated automatically? It is such a pain to a) have to calculate all the prices and b) have to put them them all one by one!

I have seen a couple of add-ons that allow you to add attribute price impact, but you use them outside of the product page (could deal with that) but then have to export your settings to reuse them again later (if new products are to have the same attributes). 

This module should help you save some time https://www.presto-changeo.com/prestashop-17-modules/147-prestashop-mass-combination-editor-module.html