Google Analytics, integrate multiple tracking codes

EXON

Hello all, thanks for any possible help or guidance in this issue.

I have multiple domain names pointing at one single installation of prestashop. I have setup a Google Analytics account tracking one of my domains and set up this code in presta back office. So I would like to add more tracking codes, for the other google analytics accounts that will keep track of the other domains.

first, I'd like to know what template should I edit for doing so?
second, I am not sure that having multimple domain names on a single installation of presta is good or has benefits or downsides for SEO

thanks for all comments

http://www.exongames.com

Hi Exon,

If you want to put the code before the </head> tag you can edit the "header.tpl" file.

If you want to place it before the </body> tag then edit "footer.tpl"

I'm not too sure what you are doing with the different domains. Are all the domains pointing independently to the same shop? Or do you use some kind or redirect?

If you don't use a redirect (mod rewrite etc...) then yes it is bad for SEO - it is called content duplication.

Hi FredActin, thank you for your reply.

Well my store is located in Chile so I have .cl domain. I also have .com and .com.ar (argentina) domains.

Yes, all the domains are pointing independently to the same shop. Up to a few days ago I had .cl and .com.ar domains forwaded to .com.

I guess I will go back to the old situation and do some research, I`m still no so clear about forwading, redirects, etc, and what is my best option

thank you

The Google Analytics does not work if I install two identical tracking code (UA-Fe 111111-11 and 111111-11 UA-) in different parts of the site (before Fe <body> and after </body> ) Or I can install two tracking codes to my account manager ([email protected]) different profiles? (Fe, I can create multiple accounts on my administrator account - ACC1, ACC2 ACC3, and create a profile on my site there and get the code from there)

I never tried to be honest because I don't really see the point of doing it... Once you will have set up your redirect Google will only consider one domain for your website, that's the whole point of the redirection. Therefore the amount of people accessing your website using the other domains should be small (only those typing it on their browser bar)

If you still want to do it: my understanding is that you need one website profile / domain name and therefore one tracking code / domain name.

After that you put both tracking codes before the </head> tag OR before the </body> tag (not twice!)

• 6 months later...