Migrate or Upgrade Prestashop 1.6 (or other versions) to 1.7 – FREE module

Upgrade/Migrate Prestashop from Prestashop 1.4.x, 1.5.x or 1.6.x to latest Prestashop 1.7 has been so easy with Prestashop Migrator - the best Prestashop Upgrade module. This module comes with both Premium version and Free version.

The premium version is available at: https://prestahero.com/upgrade-data-migration/149-prestashop-better-upgrade-and-migrate-tool.html

The free version is attached in the downloads below (please download the latest version)

We recommend you to purchase Premium version of Prestashop Migrator to upgrade/migrate your website perfectly to Prestashop 1.7. Once you purchase premium version, we also offer you 24/7 premium support to solve any problem you meet when using the module. 

Free version only allows you to migrate major datas (products, product categories and customers) to your new Prestashop 1.7 website. If it's enough for you, just download the free module from updated links below. We give support for free module publicly on this forum topic. Just comment on the topic what you need to help, we'll check and give answer to you as soon as we can.

Update downloads for free version:

-------- Version 2.1.4 (recommended) --------

- Module improvement

- Bug fix

- Compatible with the latest version of PrestaShop

Download: v2.1.4-free-prestashop-migrator-module-please-unzip-to-use.zip

-------- Version 1.4 --------

- Module improvement

- Bug fix

Download: v1.4-free-presta-migrator-please-unzip-to-use.zip

-------- Version 1.3 --------

- Module improvement

Download: v1.3-free-presta-migrator-please-unzip-to-use.zip

*Note: You need to login to download if it shows "Unavailable"

-------- Version 1.2 --------

- Module improvement

Download: v1.2-free-presta-migrator-please-unzip-to-use.zip

-------- Version 1.1.9 --------

- Fix bug: importing products stop at 1%; all imported products are belong to one category

Download: v1.1.9-free-presta-migrator-please-unzip-to-use.zip

-------- Version 1.1.8 --------

- Update back end interface

- Module improvement

Download: v1.1.8-free-presta-migrator-please-unzip-to-use.zip

-------- Version 1.1.7 --------

- Bug fix

Download: v1.1.7-free-presta-migrator-please-unzip-to-use.zip

-------- Version 1.1.6 --------

- Module improvement

Download: v1.1.6-free-presta-migrator-please-unzip-to-use.zip

-------- Version 1.1.5 --------

- Fix error occurred when export multi-language of multi-shop

Download: v1.1.5-free-presta-migrator-please-unzip-to-use.zip

-------- Version 1.1.3 --------

- Module improvement

- Bug fix

Download: v1.1.3-free-presta-migrator-please-unzip-to-use.zip

-------- Version 1.1.2 --------

- Module improvement

Download: v1.1.2-free-presta-migrator-please-unzip-to-use.zip

-------- Version 1.1.1 --------

- Module improvement

Download: v1.1.1-free-presta-migrator-please-unzip-to-use.zip

-------- Version 1.0.10 --------

- Module improvement

Download: v1.0.10-free-presta-migrator-please-unzip-to-use.zip

-------- Version 1.0.9  --------

- Improve performance of the module

Download: v1.0.9-free-presta-migrator-please-unzip-to-use.zip

-------- Version 1.0.7  -----

- Bug fixes

Download:  v1.0.7-free-presta-migrator-please-unzip-to-use.zip 

-------- Version 1.0.6  --------

- Improve migrating speed

- Use less server resource

Download: v1.0.6-free-presta-migrator-please-unzip-to-use.zip

-------- Version 1.0.5--------

Version 1.0.5 is attached to the topic (at the end of the topic) and is available on

What is new on version 1.0.5?

- Bug fixes (missing ps_state_lang table problem on Prestashop 1.4.11.1)

- Better performance

- Migrate data faster

- Require lower server resource

- Detailed alert for any errors (with solution) if happen during the migration

- Up-to-date with Prestashop 1.7.4.1 (and even later versions when they come)

Download: v1.0.5-free-presta-migrator-please-unzip-to-use.zip

-----------------------------

Github project: https://github.com/ets-soft/prestashop-migrator-free-version

OVERVIEW

Migrate or upgrade Prestashop 1.6 (or other versions) to 1.7 is always a challenge even for advanced Prestashop users because code and database of Prestashop has been changed completely since its release of version 1.7.

Understand the difficulty to upgrade Prestashop to 1.7, we have made “Prestashop Migrator – Free version” – a perfect Prestashop module that helps you migrate your website to 1.7 easily in a few simple steps.

preview-1.thumb.png.f00916ff509372a4e23c9cb2c5e8a05e.png

HOW TO MIGRATE MY WEBSITE TO 1.7?

It’s very simple, just download “Prestashop Migrator” then follow 3 simple steps below

Step 1: Install “Prestashop connector” – a free Prestashop module provided along with the download package on the source website (your old website.)

Step 2: Install a fresh Prestashop 1.7 website (target website) then install “Prestashop migrator” on the website you just installed.

Step 3: Start migrating your data from the source website to target website. Wait a few minutes and enjoy your new Prestashop 1.7 website.

WHAT DATA CAN I MIGRATE?

You can migrate the most important data to Prestashop 1.7 (or other versions 1.4, 1.5, 1.6), details listed below

Products

All product data such as name, ref, description, image, combinations, features, prices, specific prices, SEO settings (meta title, meta description, meta keywords and friendly URL), product ID, product quantity, product comments (if your source site has installed Product comments module), etc.

Categories

Name, description, image, category ID, SEO settings (meta title, meta description, meta keywords and friendly URL), etc.

Customers

First name, last name, customer ID, gender, birthday, addresses, passwords, etc.

FEATURES

• Migrate Prestashop 1.4, 1.5 or 1.6 to Prestashop 1.7
  • Migrate data between Prestashop websites (any versions)
  • Downgrade Prestashop to a previous version (eg: Prestashop 1.7 to 1.6)
  • Bulk data upload (valid XML data format required)
  • Backup data
  • Possibility to  keep customer passwords or regenerate new passwords for customers
  • Migrate multi-shop
  • Migrate many Prestashop websites into 1 shop (merge shops)
  • Migrate multi-shop to separate Prestashop websites (split shops)
  • Migration history (view migration history, resum or restart migration anytime)
  • Clean-up (save your disk space)

WHY PRESTASHOP MIGRATOR?

It’s FREE

There are some other Prestasho to Prestashop migration tools out there but they’re all PAID modules, you’re required to buy the modules with a lot of money. Not everyone can afford to pay for such modules so we made this module, it’s free for you to migrate the most important data from Prestashop 1.4, 1.5 or 1.6 to Prestashop 1.7.

It’s complete data migration tool

With Prestashop Migrator, you can migrate your most import data (products, product combinations and features, images, SEO settings, categories, customers, addresses, customer passwords, multishop, etc.) to Prestashop 1.7 in a few clicks of your computer mouse. That’s amazing! Some other paid modules out there may also not be able to do that!

Fast and secure

This is the fastest Prestashop migration module ever! It uses advanced technologies to migrate data such as jQuery Ajax, multi-threads, non-stop process, etc. The migration is done with a secure access token to make sure you never lose any data to a third party while performing the migration.

Process large data with minimum server resource

Large data is split into small pieces of data, the module processes the data pieces one by one with a minimum requirement of your sever resource. You can migrate 10.000+ products to Prestashop 1.7 in a few minutes with a low configuration server.

That’s all about “Prestashop Migrator - Free version”, just download it (in the attachment of this topic) for free and enjoy! We hope you like your new Prestashop 1.7.

Migrate Prestashop to 1.7 is completely safe with Prestashop Migrator! Don't hesitate, migrate your website to 1.7 now!

v1.0.5-free-presta-migrator-please-unzip-to-use.zip

v1.0.6-free-presta-migrator-please-unzip-to-use.zip

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

On 5/19/2018 at 2:38 PM, Rho_Bur said:

Does it migrates orders, carts, messages?

No, it doesn't in  this free version.

This is a free version that helps migrate the most important data: Products, categories, customers (can keep customer passwords), addresses, images, taxes, SEO settings, etc. If you need to migrate other kinds of data such as orders, carts, messages, employee accounts, invoices, etc. You will need to purchase its premium version.

• Like 2

Well, just to understand exactly; the 1-click presumably upgrades the 1.6+ to 1.7+; it doesn't of course upgrade the theme or the modules but it is advertised as upgrading the DB.

What does this free module differently?

Just to be clear for everybody.

And, congrats on your work!

i used the free tool and i was ready to buy the premium tool but i think i wait i read the last comment i think ill wait for the reply. customer support is realy slow and in 2 words. the probleem i have is that all the prices and pictures disapeared after importing. import didnt work with connector see image so i had to use a back up file. so now after importing de backup zipfile. prices combinations features atributes are gone. and if i try to edit a product everything goes wrong. so it definitly not working as described. i would look for another module  

image.png

Our module works well but due to the server limitation, please make sure that all parameters of your web server are ready for the migration:

• max_execution_time should be 3600 or more
  • memory_limit should be 512M or more
  • max_input_vars should be 12000 or more

I am sorry to share with you, but I am not able to find ETS PrestaShop Connector module (the name of the ZIP that you Uploaded on the Source PSHOP was ets_press2pressconnector.zip).

There's no such thing in addons.

Tried to find the module by zip file name - no results.

Tried to search like ETS-Soft Prestashop Connector v.1.0.1 - No results.

Where could we download this Prestashop Connector Plugin?

On 6/3/2018 at 11:06 PM, Void_Runner said:

I am sorry to share with you, but I am not able to find ETS PrestaShop Connector module (the name of the ZIP that you Uploaded on the Source PSHOP was ets_press2pressconnector.zip).

There's no such thing in addons.

Tried to find the module by zip file name - no results.

Tried to search like ETS-Soft Prestashop Connector v.1.0.1 - No results.

Where could we download this Prestashop Connector Plugin?

Hi 

Pls see my screenshot http://prntscr.com/jris4b 

You will see the module inside "Plugins" folder
I also uploaded the module in this message,  you can download from the attachment and start the migration

ets_pres2presconnector.zip

On 6/3/2018 at 11:11 PM, centoasa said:

With premium version it's possible export only active products?

Hi 

Thanks for your interest in our module

The module is using to export all related information of the products (both active products and inactive products) 

Thanks for the collaboration with the Prestashop community
I have done some tests with the "free version" of the module and it looks good.

I have "made" a "little guide (review)" in Spanish for the Spanish Prestashop community -> https://victor-rodenas.com/migrar-datos-de-prestashop-1-4-1-5-1-6-a-la-version-1-7/

PS: if I have time, I will do a thorough test. :)

Sorry for my English,

Edited by nadie (see edit history)
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, nadie said:

Thanks for the collaboration with the Prestashop community
I have done some tests with the "free version" of the module and it looks good.

I have "made" a "little guide (review)" in Spanish for the Spanish Prestashop community -> https://victor-rodenas.com/migrar-datos-de-prestashop-1-4-1-5-1-6-a-la-version-1-7/

PS: if I have time, I will do a thorough test. :)

Sorry for my English,

Yes, thanks for your time to write the guide in spanish, it will help lots of people 

• Thanks 1

Hi, i try using free version but when i star data migration  it stuck at 85-90% and it is holding, not moving anywhere :-(

i change parametars to 

but it is still not moving (wait more than one hour)

please can somebody help?

p.s ame hapend when i use conector or upload file...

Edited by ivanri22 (see edit history)

On 6/12/2018 at 7:42 PM, manish2222 said:

i tried to migrate using free version .after migrating all products show discount price by 2%which is not visible anywhere in the backoffice.anyone else had such problem and how did it get solved. please help 

Hi Manish 

To remove the discount, you might see them in:

1. From product editing at back office (in Price tab at Speical price section) http://prntscr.com/jua1ri 

2. From cart rule or catalog price rule  http://prntscr.com/jua22z 

3. At customer group setting http://prntscr.com/jua28e

Hope you will find it

6 hours ago, ivanri22 said:

Hi, i try using free version but when i star data migration  it stuck at 85-90% and it is holding, not moving anywhere :-(

i change parametars to 

but it is still not moving (wait more than one hour)

please can somebody help?

p.s ame hapend when i use conector or upload file...

Hi

You might need to wait for more time (maybe your site has many products and images which need more time to transfer all of them and 1 hour is not enough)

Just pls try again 

hi

the problem happens because some of your server resource is too limited such as max execution time, the frequency of accepted HTTP requests, memory limit, etc

This is our recommended settings for server (of both source and target website):

max_execution_time should 3600 or more
memory_limit should be 512M or more
max_input_vars should be 12000 or more 

You can also try to copy your website to another stronger server and try the migration.

We're working on an update for the module, for the next version it will require less server resource, the update has been done for the premium version. It will be done soon for free version

11 hours ago, samuelongui said:

I started a new migration but stops at same point. I think this module has a data limitation.5b290c42de490_Sin-ttulo-1.jpg.f20e67d26883268265d2fb3e309cb906.jpg

hi

the problem happens because some of your server resource is too limited such as max execution time, the frequency of accepted HTTP requests, memory limit, etc

This is our recommended settings for server (of both source and target website):

max_execution_time should 3600 or more
memory_limit should be 512M or more
max_input_vars should be 12000 or more 

You can also try to copy your website to another stronger server and try the migration.

We're working on an update for the module, for the next version it will require less server resource, the update has been done for the premium version. It will be done soon for free version

On 6/20/2018 at 9:03 PM, samuelongui said:

I started again, with those values you recommend, but still the same, stays at 5.5% and doen'st move after 5 hours. If I buy Premium module and happens the same, can't imagine...

Hi 

All the problems that we found are solved and upgraded on the premium version 

We will upgrade on free version as soon as possible 

Hello to all,

I just try the free version of this module on a ps 1.4.11.1.

When i try to download the data file from this source site i get this error:

Table 'destockmindentel.ps_state_lang' doesn't exist

SELECT tbl.*,l.iso_code FROM ps_state_lang tbl,ps_lang l  WHERE tbl.id_lang=l.id_lang AND tbl.id_state =1

I have check the database and ps_lang table exist but not ps_state_lang.
please not that i have never removed or touch to the table database, so i think it's a typo or an error.

Anyone can help about this please ?

Last question, can i use this module to upload data on a PS 1.6 version (not 1.7) ?

Best regards,
Sam

Edited by losdelsolo (see edit history)

Hi Sam,

Yes, you can use the module to upload data on any version of Prestashop, so it works well on PS 1.6 version

Regarding the ps_state_lang table, for some reasons, it might be lost, but you can create the table manually on your database, with the same structure of default "ps_state_lang" table, then the module will work well

Regards

Dear Ets-Soft,

I have check the original database structure of ps 1.4 Branch at: http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS14/Database+Structure
and ps_state_lang is not mentionned. So that confirm that i use original database structure without any database table lost.

I use ps 1.4.11.1 (php 5.4.45 and mysql  5.1.73)

I have modified the classes/dataexport.php file for debug and testing purpose:

Original line 98:

$data['datalanguages'] = Db::getInstance()->executeS('SELECT tbl.*,l.iso_code FROM '._DB_PREFIX_.pSQL($definition['table']).'_lang tbl,'._DB_PREFIX_.'lang l  WHERE tbl.id_lang=l.id_lang AND tbl.'.pSQL($definition['primary']).' ='.(int)$data[$definition['primary']].($definition['multilang_temp'] && !$multishop ? ' AND tbl.id_shop="'.(int)Context::getContext()->shop->id.'"':''));

Moded line 98:

$data['datalanguages'] = Db::getInstance()->executeS('SELECT tbl.*,l.iso_code FROM '._DB_PREFIX_.pSQL($definition['table']).' tbl,'._DB_PREFIX_.'lang l  WHERE id_lang=l.id_lang AND tbl.'.pSQL($definition['primary']).' ='.(int)$data[$definition['primary']].($definition['multilang_temp'] && !$multishop ? ' AND tbl.id_shop="'.(int)Context::getContext()->shop->id.'"':''));

and

Original line 245

$data['datalanguages'] = Db::getInstance()->executeS('SELECT tbl.*,l.iso_code FROM '._DB_PREFIX_.pSQL($table).'_lang tbl,'._DB_PREFIX_.'lang l  WHERE tbl.id_lang=l.id_lang AND tbl.'.pSQL($primary).' ='.(int)$data[$primary]);

Modded line 245

$data['datalanguages'] = Db::getInstance()->executeS('SELECT tbl.*,l.iso_code FROM '._DB_PREFIX_.pSQL($table).' tbl,'._DB_PREFIX_.'lang l  WHERE id_lang=l.id_lang AND tbl.'.pSQL($primary).' ='.(int)$data[$primary]);

After theses modifications data export work, but when i m import on the new shop there is no products descriptions, no category, and no products pictures in the front office (i have try to clear cache, regenerate thumbnails and others, no luck).

I have checked the xml outputed by your module for find product description, not presents in cdata, category description not present in the category.xml too.

I think there is a bug on the text (multilanguage) data export on ps 1.4 with my conf.

I test your free version before buying the pro one.

Can you help me about these bug please ?

Best regards,

Sam

Hi,

I didn't try the trail version of your module.

I would like to know if it will be possible to use the complete version of the module for many websites.

eg: if I buy one module, can i use it for 10 websites or I need to buy for each website one module.

I look forward hearing from you.

Best regards

Mike

On 6/30/2018 at 7:19 AM, losdelsolo said:

Dear Ets-Soft,

I have check the original database structure of ps 1.4 Branch at: http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS14/Database+Structure
and ps_state_lang is not mentionned. So that confirm that i use original database structure without any database table lost.

I use ps 1.4.11.1 (php 5.4.45 and mysql  5.1.73)

I have modified the classes/dataexport.php file for debug and testing purpose:

Original line 98:

$data['datalanguages'] = Db::getInstance()->executeS('SELECT tbl.*,l.iso_code FROM '._DB_PREFIX_.pSQL($definition['table']).'_lang tbl,'._DB_PREFIX_.'lang l  WHERE tbl.id_lang=l.id_lang AND tbl.'.pSQL($definition['primary']).' ='.(int)$data[$definition['primary']].($definition['multilang_temp'] && !$multishop ? ' AND tbl.id_shop="'.(int)Context::getContext()->shop->id.'"':''));

Moded line 98:

$data['datalanguages'] = Db::getInstance()->executeS('SELECT tbl.*,l.iso_code FROM '._DB_PREFIX_.pSQL($definition['table']).' tbl,'._DB_PREFIX_.'lang l  WHERE id_lang=l.id_lang AND tbl.'.pSQL($definition['primary']).' ='.(int)$data[$definition['primary']].($definition['multilang_temp'] && !$multishop ? ' AND tbl.id_shop="'.(int)Context::getContext()->shop->id.'"':''));

and

Original line 245

$data['datalanguages'] = Db::getInstance()->executeS('SELECT tbl.*,l.iso_code FROM '._DB_PREFIX_.pSQL($table).'_lang tbl,'._DB_PREFIX_.'lang l  WHERE tbl.id_lang=l.id_lang AND tbl.'.pSQL($primary).' ='.(int)$data[$primary]);

Modded line 245

$data['datalanguages'] = Db::getInstance()->executeS('SELECT tbl.*,l.iso_code FROM '._DB_PREFIX_.pSQL($table).' tbl,'._DB_PREFIX_.'lang l  WHERE id_lang=l.id_lang AND tbl.'.pSQL($primary).' ='.(int)$data[$primary]);

After theses modifications data export work, but when i m import on the new shop there is no products descriptions, no category, and no products pictures in the front office (i have try to clear cache, regenerate thumbnails and others, no luck).

I have checked the xml outputed by your module for find product description, not presents in cdata, category description not present in the category.xml too.

I think there is a bug on the text (multilanguage) data export on ps 1.4 with my conf.

I test your free version before buying the pro one.

Can you help me about these bug please ?

Best regards,

Sam

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your feedback

I'll check again on prestashop 1.4.11.1 then will solve the problem in our next version of the module

Regards

On 7/2/2018 at 7:28 PM, mikey187 said:

Hi,

I didn't try the trail version of your module.

I would like to know if it will be possible to use the complete version of the module for many websites.

eg: if I buy one module, can i use it for 10 websites or I need to buy for each website one module.

I look forward hearing from you.

Best regards

Mike

Hi Mike

Firstly, thanks for your interest in our module.

When you purchase each product on the marketplace, actually you're also purchasing a single license which can be used for a single installation of the product on a single website only (you can not use the module for 10 websites)

So when you want to install our module on other websites you need to re-purchase the module (actually you re-purchase the module license, as the code is the same)

However, I can give you a discount if you want to use the module on many different websites, please send message to my inbox for more information

Regards

15 hours ago, losdelsolo said:

Dear Ets-Soft,

Any news about the corrected (for prestashop 1.4.11.1) version of your module please ?

Waiting for your answer,
Best regards,
Sam

Hi Sam, 

Yes, I have just checked and the problem is solved in premium version (1.0.4) 

I'll upgrade to the free version soon 

Regards

Dear Ets soft,

We are waiting the corrected free version for test and after this we buy your pro version if everything is ok.

I ve got one last question: Can i use this module for migrate from ps 1.4..1.11 to ps 1.6 (not ps 1.7) ?

Waiting for your answer and the new corrected free version.

Best regards,
Sam

hi everyone

We're glad to release Prestashop Migrator 1.0.5 ( for both free and premium version) with the following updates:

- Bug fixes (missing ps_state_lang table problem on Prestashop 1.4.11.1)

- Better performance

- Migrate data faster

- Require lower server resource

- Detailed alert for any errors (with solution) if happen during the migration

- Up-to-date with Prestashop 1.7.4.1 (and even later versions when they come)

Version 1.0.5 is attached to the topic (at the end of the topic) and is available on Github for your contribution: https://github.com/ets-soft/prestashop-migrator-free-version

On 7/16/2018 at 5:20 PM, losdelsolo said:

Dear Ets soft,

We are waiting the corrected free version for test and after this we buy your pro version if everything is ok.

I ve got one last question: Can i use this module for migrate from ps 1.4..1.11 to ps 1.6 (not ps 1.7) ?

Waiting for your answer and the new corrected free version.

Best regards,
Sam

Hi Sam

the new version 1.0.5 is just released with bug fixes including the bug you reported. 

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there!

After a day trying to upgrade an old PS 1.4 to 1.6 while being a WordPress sysadmin guy until now, I really think your premium plugin could help by starting on a fresh basis. So first off, thanks for your work.

Though, before jumping into it, I feel like there are one or two steps missing in the 3 step process that I would like to understand:
How can you migrate a website on a given domain to another website with the same domain name?

Either you need two servers with the same domain on it, but then how do you reach the second one? Or you need to use a different domain or a subdomain or to install the new prestashop in /anotherdir. All these methods would imply that your website's URL will change, so you need to end the process with a URL change.

Could you please clarify how exactly this is handled in the migration process?

Kind regards

Edit: I think I'm dumb > The destination website can just pull data from the source website... Would be my best guess. But you would still need two servers and work with your host files if you wish to keep the same domain name.

Edited by Robin (see edit history)

Hello,

Thank you for this very detailed answer.

So I assume the migrator copies over the URL name to the target website, which can then only work with the desired URLs once you replaced the source with the updated one.

Man, that's perfect. I'll do further testing with the Free version, then purchase this wonderful tool.

Best regards!

Mhh... Getting error 500 that does not seem to be caused by PHP limits. Not sure if that's the right place to share this, but here are the three identified errors in logs from the source server:

500	GET /modules/ets_pres2presconnector/connector.php?presconnector=1&pres2prestocken=KEYHERE&zip_file_name=oc2m_data_S6ZhuuD HTTP/1.1

mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: require_once(/var/www/vhosts/mysite.com/httpdocs/modules//authorizeaim/backward_compatibility/Context.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/mysite.com/httpdocs/modules/ets_pres2presconnector/connector.php on line 29

mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/var/www/vhosts/mysite.com/httpdocs/modules//authorizeaim/backward_compatibility/Context.php' (include_path='.:/opt/plesk/php/5.6/share/pear') in /var/www/vhosts/mysite.com/httpdocs/modules/ets_pres2presconnector/connector.php on line 29

Same error happens upon visiting the connector URL.

So I installed the backward compatibility module which unfortunately didn't help (same error). This website I'm working on definitely hates me.

Any clue?

Thank you

Edit: Some clue
I added these files manually to /modules/authorizeaim/backward_compatibility
Found in the prestashop addon: LINK REMOVED

Edit 2:
New error:

mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function ajaxPercentageExport() on null in /var/www/vhosts/laboiteaetoles.com/httpdocs/modules/ets_pres2presconnector/connector.php on line 38

Hello,

I've read your other posts and the first post entirely and should have mentioned: Sadly, the Download feature fails as well in my case.
When clicking on it, it shows an admin page in "Admin Panel > Modules" where only the text "x2" is written in the page body. 

5b6c104bbdfcd_psfaildownloaddata.thumb.PNG.0211467ae01b9e8f4ff3384b41b1bceb.PNG

No error in logs when this occurs.

Thanks for the module just gave it a shot and got it to export just fine, doing it all locally on my own machine, as soon as I click to start the migration on the new site it instantly stops, doesn't even appear to attempt to run before warning be about limits, I've already set the limits higher than what is suggested too. 

I have been tried the free version and doesn't work for me.

When I try to migrate with http link doesn't finish and when I try to migrate by the download file show me an error

Sorry! The server is not responding or timed out while importing data into the website database. This problem happens because the server is too LIMITED in resource usability.
Below are suggested solutions for the problem:
Update server settings, make sure both servers are configured with UNLIMITED (or least 2 minutes) for max_execution_timeand they can execute an UNLIMITED number of continuous HTTP requests. Disable any firewall programs or server settings that stop the servers (or give 500 Internal Server Error) when a large number of HTTP requests are sent to them during the migration.

Try to copy the target website to a better server or even alocal computer (give maximum server resource usability for the website) then start the migration again.

The settings I have is

max_execution_time 3600
max_input_time 600
max_input_vars 12000
memory_limit 512M

Can you help me?

On 10/08/2018 at 3:35 AM, ets-soft said:

Hi Robin,

The text is not from our module. As I see on the screenshot, it seems your site got error with jquery, pls replace your jquery file to the new jquery file which I send in this message

image.png.3ca84d13037047999d7f27da0bef930b.png

Regards

jquery-1.11.0.min.js

Thank you.
I'm not sure how to properly replace it, like I said, I'm usually more into WordPress and have very little knowledge of PS for now.

I went to /httpdocs/js/jquery, then added the file and renamed the older one to end with .bak, saw no change, then I tried to rename jquery-1.11.0.min.js to jquery-1.4.4.min.js, but the same error occurs. Am I doing it wrong?

Hello,

Thank you, unfortunately, no luck for me.

Source server logs show error 500 and these:

500 GET /modules/ets_pres2presconnector/connector.php?presconnector=1&ajaxPercentageExport=1&zip_file_name=oc2m_data_ycS2xMQ HTTP/1.1

mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function ajaxPercentageExport() on null in /var/www/vhosts/mysite.com/httpdocs/modules/ets_pres2presconnector/connector.php on line 38

Since the zip export does not work for me, that might be the reason.

1 hour ago, FerreireX said:

Hi @ets-soft doesn't work for me :(

I still have the same problem when I import from my computer and when I use the link.

There is any way to know more detailed the problem? Any chance the import be slower to check if can be the server problem?

Have you followed the instruction showing when you import?

Sorry! The server is not responding or timed out while importing data into the website database. This problem happens because the server is too LIMITED in resource usability.
Update server settings, make sure both servers are configured with UNLIMITED (or least 2 minutes) for max_execution_timeand they can execute an UNLIMITED number of continuous HTTP requests. Disable any firewall programs or server settings that stop the servers (or give 500 Internal Server Error) when a large number of HTTP requests are sent to them during the migration.

Try to copy the target website to a better server or even alocal computer (give maximum server resource usability for the website) then start the migration again.

Hi Jose,

Yes, to save the time, we migrate the products images directly without downloading them

That's why we need the source website URL available while migrating the data

You just need to install the target site on a temporary domain or in a sub folder of root where your source site is localted

Make sure target website and source website are using different URL then the images will be migrated correctly 

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Premium module 1.0.6 installed. max_execution_time set to 1800. Got this error:

• Update server settings, make sure both servers are configured with UNLIMITED (or least 2 minutes) for max_execution_timeand they can execute an UNLIMITED number of continuous HTTP requests. Disable any firewall programs or server settings that stop the servers (or give 500 Internal Server Error) when a large number of HTTP requests are sent to them during the migration.

Hey

Thanks for your module and your contribution

I tried your free module (but if it works I'll need the premium version) to migrate 1.6.1.5 to the last release of 1.7

I've got a dedicated server, so I push to unlimited all time out, max size etc...

When the migration is being, till 98,98% everything is ok but then I've got the error message "Sorry! The server is not responding or timed out while importing data into the website database. etc etc etc..."

But all categories and products are well migrated !

My problem is, when I want to see one of my product page, it shows me the message (in french) "vous n'avez pas accès à ce produit" / "you can't access to this product".

I go, in admin panel, to the product sheet, I swith the button "Online" to "Offline", save, and then "Offline" to "Online, save.

And it works. My product is well displayed on the website

Do you have an idea why ? a possible way to fix it ?

Thanks in advance

On 8/28/2018 at 4:20 PM, samuelongui said:

Premium module 1.0.6 installed. max_execution_time set to 1800. Got this error:

• Update server settings, make sure both servers are configured with UNLIMITED (or least 2 minutes) for max_execution_timeand they can execute an UNLIMITED number of continuous HTTP requests. Disable any firewall programs or server settings that stop the servers (or give 500 Internal Server Error) when a large number of HTTP requests are sent to them during the migration.

Hi 

Following the instruction, pls increase the max_execution_time to unlimited then try again

On 8/29/2018 at 2:17 AM, julien_wmx said:

Hey

Thanks for your module and your contribution

I tried your free module (but if it works I'll need the premium version) to migrate 1.6.1.5 to the last release of 1.7

I've got a dedicated server, so I push to unlimited all time out, max size etc...

When the migration is being, till 98,98% everything is ok but then I've got the error message "Sorry! The server is not responding or timed out while importing data into the website database. etc etc etc..."

But all categories and products are well migrated !

My problem is, when I want to see one of my product page, it shows me the message (in french) "vous n'avez pas accès à ce produit" / "you can't access to this product".

I go, in admin panel, to the product sheet, I swith the button "Online" to "Offline", save, and then "Offline" to "Online, save.

And it works. My product is well displayed on the website

Do you have an idea why ? a possible way to fix it ?

Thanks in advance

Hi 

I sent you a private message, please check it and send me your website URL

Regards

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,
I have successfully moved from presta 1.6 to 1.7 and everything workds fine except for products with combination 
for example this link:

koodak.city/product/1113/روروئک-دلیجان-مدل-alvan-racer

is now this : 

emrooz.digilix.net/product/1113/-764-روروئک-دلیجان-مدل-alvan-racer

I mean the pervious link does not work and it gives me 404 error which is presta 1.7's new feature and each combination has a link 
do you have a solution for this ?

Bought your Premium version but unfortunately it's not working at all for us .... we are trying to migrate from 1.6.1.20 to 1.7.4.2

We have set the PHP7 variables four times higher than you recommended in this post. The server is a very fast machine with 128Gb memory so it's more than enough. Source and destination is on the same server. First we tried with your connector module but we get this message within 1-2 seconds:

Sorry! Direct migration can’t be done because there was problems with server to server connection between the target website and the source website. This problem happens because one of the servers (or both servers) is not responding or timed out. 
Update server settings, make sure both servers are configured with UNLIMITED (or least 2 minutes) for max_execution_timeand they can execute an UNLIMITED number of continuous HTTP requests. Disable any firewall programs or server settings that stop the servers (or give500 Internal Server Error) when a large number of HTTP requests are sent to them during the migration.

Try to download entire data of the source website using the Prestashop Connector module, then import the data into the target website with “Source Type” is set to “Upload data file from computer”

Try to copy your websites to a better server or local computer (give maximum server resource usability for the websites) then start the migration again.

So we tried the download method instead but the resulting zip file is only 2.2Mb .... we have around 6000 products, 25000pictures and 800 customers so the file seems a little :) small so we did not try to proceed to import to the 1.7.4.2 server.

Any ideas what could be wrong?  Concidering the error message the only thing I can think of is if your module don't support https. The source server use only https(443) with HSTS and are preloaded in the HSTS lists, it don't accept any http traffic at all.

The source and destination server is on the same machine but we have not set up  the destination server to use https yet so it's a plain http server.  The domain setup look like this:

https://source.mydomain.com

http://destination.mydomain.com

Looks very good,and perhaps I wish in next days or a month the premium offer,but always like make some tests with free option,for in the future dont be a waste of money and time,or make but dont make.Its easy sell a produt or service,but some things even when is free its expensive tool(damage,dont make the work,etc,etc)
I already have some problems in a template take almost a month with several mistakes and for the resolution the support was like talk with a robot for one a question for a day,and dont read the all the email with pictures with the problems.:(:(
More almost 60 days for all the solutions,and I hope next days or months dont have or see more errors.

About your tool
For me last day crash in 87.47% and already pass more then 10Hours
When I start run very fast and stop at the same 87.47%
In only some minutes,after I restart and crash after so many hours at same point

Could be very good tool,but I go try again,in ten hours I import a lot of articles and costumers manualy,If a have a tool that dont make the work,I must make by hand.
It sucks make manually,but runs ok.

Good work,keep working all days in tool,the worst thing for a company its think that some product is good enough.

I did a trial migration of my site today; kudos on making a solution for the problems for those of us who has so-so-hosting and where the 1-click-upgrade won't work. However, I'm curious as of one or two thing for the premium version:

- Does it migrate suppliers properly?
-- And if so, does it add the proper supplier references on the product page? With 2500+ products I'm not really in the mood for doing a one-by-one-handmodification there...
- All category images from my old installation didn't make the transition. This of course is a rather easy hand-hack but annoying nonetheless.

Thanks in advance!

On 9/18/2018 at 6:35 PM, boozary said:

Hi,
I have successfully moved from presta 1.6 to 1.7 and everything workds fine except for products with combination 
for example this link:

koodak.city/product/1113/روروئک-دلیجان-مدل-alvan-racer

is now this : 

emrooz.digilix.net/product/1113/-764-روروئک-دلیجان-مدل-alvan-racer

I mean the pervious link does not work and it gives me 404 error which is presta 1.7's new feature and each combination has a link 
do you have a solution for this ?

Hi 

I don't really understand your question

Pls tell me more detail about the problem that you got

On 9/25/2018 at 7:03 AM, seanr22a said:

Bought your Premium version but unfortunately it's not working at all for us .... we are trying to migrate from 1.6.1.20 to 1.7.4.2

We have set the PHP7 variables four times higher than you recommended in this post. The server is a very fast machine with 128Gb memory so it's more than enough. Source and destination is on the same server. First we tried with your connector module but we get this message within 1-2 seconds:

Sorry! Direct migration can’t be done because there was problems with server to server connection between the target website and the source website. This problem happens because one of the servers (or both servers) is not responding or timed out. 
Update server settings, make sure both servers are configured with UNLIMITED (or least 2 minutes) for max_execution_timeand they can execute an UNLIMITED number of continuous HTTP requests. Disable any firewall programs or server settings that stop the servers (or give500 Internal Server Error) when a large number of HTTP requests are sent to them during the migration.

Try to download entire data of the source website using the Prestashop Connector module, then import the data into the target website with “Source Type” is set to “Upload data file from computer”

Try to copy your websites to a better server or local computer (give maximum server resource usability for the websites) then start the migration again.

So we tried the download method instead but the resulting zip file is only 2.2Mb .... we have around 6000 products, 25000pictures and 800 customers so the file seems a little :) small so we did not try to proceed to import to the 1.7.4.2 server.

Any ideas what could be wrong?  Concidering the error message the only thing I can think of is if your module don't support https. The source server use only https(443) with HSTS and are preloaded in the HSTS lists, it don't accept any http traffic at all.

The source and destination server is on the same machine but we have not set up  the destination server to use https yet so it's a plain http server.  The domain setup look like this:

https://source.mydomain.com

http://destination.mydomain.com

Hi

I'm so sorry for the late response

Our module works well with https, to check more detail why it shows error on your site, I need to access your website and check the problem directly there

Please send me a contact message via Addons marketplace then I'll support you there

By the way, our module only export the products data (without product images, the images will be migrated directly from source website during the migration)
So, 2.2 MB is normal, just use it to import, but please make sure the sourve website is available during the migration to migrate product images

On 9/28/2018 at 4:15 PM, tugapresta said:

Looks very good,and perhaps I wish in next days or a month the premium offer,but always like make some tests with free option,for in the future dont be a waste of money and time,or make but dont make.Its easy sell a produt or service,but some things even when is free its expensive tool(damage,dont make the work,etc,etc)
I already have some problems in a template take almost a month with several mistakes and for the resolution the support was like talk with a robot for one a question for a day,and dont read the all the email with pictures with the problems.:(:(
More almost 60 days for all the solutions,and I hope next days or months dont have or see more errors.

About your tool
For me last day crash in 87.47% and already pass more then 10Hours
When I start run very fast and stop at the same 87.47%
In only some minutes,after I restart and crash after so many hours at same point

Could be very good tool,but I go try again,in ten hours I import a lot of articles and costumers manualy,If a have a tool that dont make the work,I must make by hand.
It sucks make manually,but runs ok.

Good work,keep working all days in tool,the worst thing for a company its think that some product is good enough.

Hi 

Thanks for your interest in our module 

Yes, at the first, the module migrate some data which doesn't have much related data, for example: minor data (currency, language, shop, etc) them customer data, carrier, ... after that, when you keeps staying at more than 80%  for a long time because it's migrating products / orders which has many related data such as attribute, images, features, suppier, manufacture, quanity, etc. so it will take long time if you have many products

Just be patient and wait, it will be done :)

Regards

On 9/30/2018 at 8:38 PM, gorkij said:

I did a trial migration of my site today; kudos on making a solution for the problems for those of us who has so-so-hosting and where the 1-click-upgrade won't work. However, I'm curious as of one or two thing for the premium version:

- Does it migrate suppliers properly?
-- And if so, does it add the proper supplier references on the product page? With 2500+ products I'm not really in the mood for doing a one-by-one-handmodification there...
- All category images from my old installation didn't make the transition. This of course is a rather easy hand-hack but annoying nonetheless.

Thanks in advance!

Hi 

Thanks for trying our free version, hope you like it 

According your questions, yes, our premium version of the module migrates all suppliers, manufactures and they are connecting to products (the same data on your source website), you don't need configure anything after the migration, just enjoy the new site

The module also migrates all category images, descriptions, etc and they are also connecting to related products as well 

If you are ready to migrate all data for your source website to new version of prestahop, just purchase the premium module and enjoy it

We're always available via Addons marketplace to support you if you need any help with premium version

Regards

10 hours ago, ets-soft said:

Hi 

According your questions, yes, our premium version of the module migrates all suppliers, manufactures and they are connecting to products (the same data on your source website), you don't need configure anything after the migration, just enjoy the new site

The module also migrates all category images, descriptions, etc and they are also connecting to related products as well 

If you are ready to migrate all data for your source website to new version of prestahop, just purchase the premium module and enjoy it

We're always available via Addons marketplace to support you if you need any help with premium version

Regards

Hi! Excellent, I'll get on that in a bit. I do however have another question : is it possible to clean out all previous entries of an PS 1.7 installation that I used as a test site and re-use the pro modules to do a migration again, in order to lessen the downtime between the migration? I'm basicially looking to do all of the module installations and theme work before doing the migration?

(In other words, since my SSL certificate and other things needs to be set up proper I'm going to have to make sure I keep a minimum downtime due to the cert being locked (for some bloody weird reason) to a subdir of my site, and not to my entire domain...)

Edited by gorkij (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2018 at 8:40 PM, gorkij said:

Hi! Excellent, I'll get on that in a bit. I do however have another question : is it possible to clean out all previous entries of an PS 1.7 installation that I used as a test site and re-use the pro modules to do a migration again, in order to lessen the downtime between the migration? I'm basicially looking to do all of the module installations and theme work before doing the migration?

(In other words, since my SSL certificate and other things needs to be set up proper I'm going to have to make sure I keep a minimum downtime due to the cert being locked (for some bloody weird reason) to a subdir of my site, and not to my entire domain...)

Hi 

I'm sorry for late response 

Yes, when you use our premium version, you can delete all the data on 1.7 (which is imported by free version) before importing data from source website 

Our premium version will migrate everything, and you don't need to worry about it

Just need to make sure the target website has enough space and server limitation for migration

Regards

• Like 1

Hello Ets-soft.

I have a a question here.

I need to upgrade a website from 1.6 and so far i see that your plugin can do it but the question i have is:
When i have run the update on my new 1.7 page and everything is working, how do it copy it to the old URL? Do i need to move images to 1.7 or just leave the old 1.6 img folder?

I am asking because its the one point you didnt cover in your tutorial :)

On 10/15/2018 at 4:41 AM, jojotjebaby said:

Hi ! 

Thank you for your migration plugin. All the products are migrating but I have a problem with the Categories. Non of them are migrating. I looked in the Category.xml file and this was empty. Is there a fix for this issue ? 

Thank you,

Hi 

Thanks for using our module, please find the module in attachment of this message (it's the newest version of free migrate module) and try again

Regards

ets_pres2presfree.zip

On 10/19/2018 at 4:37 PM, mostlyharmless said:

Hello Ets-soft.

I have a a question here.

I need to upgrade a website from 1.6 and so far i see that your plugin can do it but the question i have is:
When i have run the update on my new 1.7 page and everything is working, how do it copy it to the old URL? Do i need to move images to 1.7 or just leave the old 1.6 img folder?

I am asking because its the one point you didnt cover in your tutorial :)

Hi 

Yes,  I understand your question.

To use our migrate module, you should have 2 separate websites:

For example:

- Source website 1.6 : www.yourdomain.com

- Target website 1.7 : www.yourdomain.com/newsite17

If both 2 sites are in the same folder, when you complete the migration on 1.7, you just need to create a new folder, called "oldsite"

www.yourdomain.com/oldsite

then move whole the folders/files  from root folder that folder "oldsite"

After that, copy all your files / folders from 1.7 site www.yourdomain.com/newsite17  to root folder and re-configure in database (changed the url in Shop_url table and Configuration table to your main domain www.yourdomain.com)

Enjoy your new site 

Hope it helps you 

Regards

22 hours ago, mostlyharmless said:

Ive run into a weird problem.

I an ringht now testing the free version and migrated all products, but now they are all set at a discount, and i have no way of removing that, its not listed in any discount pr price reduction but its wrong over all products.

Ive "found" the issue and its a bit of a 2 part thing.

for 1. the specifik prices are exported, but apparently we have some specific prices from an earlier version in the DB it exported.

The second problem is when it imports them they dont show on the product page so you have no way to remove them.

Quite odd error to get, the rest seems to work fine

13 hours ago, mostlyharmless said:

Ive "found" the issue and its a bit of a 2 part thing.

for 1. the specifik prices are exported, but apparently we have some specific prices from an earlier version in the DB it exported.

The second problem is when it imports them they dont show on the product page so you have no way to remove them.

Quite odd error to get, the rest seems to work fine

Hi, 

I understand your problem. I will check this module again and fix the bug (if have) as soon as possible on the next update versions.

Best regards.

On 10/29/2018 at 2:10 PM, jagjit said:

hi

how to use prestashop 1.6 theme in prestashop 1.7?

please help

Hi 

Our module just used to migrate data from 1.6 to 1.7

Your theme on 1.6 might not be used on 1.7, you should purchase a new theme for 1.7 version and have new look for your website 

Regards

On 12-6-2018 at 2:42 PM, manish2222 said:

i tried to migrate using free version .after migrating all products show discount price by 2%which is not visible anywhere in the backoffice.anyone else had such problem and how did it get solved. please help 

I do have the same problem. After migration all products show a 20% discount which can not be found anywhere, Don't know how to solve this. Any suggestions ?

Edited by wxanl (see edit history)

On 11/1/2018 at 10:00 PM, wxanl said:

I do have the same problem. After migration all products show a 20% discount which can not be found anywhere, Don't know how to solve this. Any suggestions ?

Hi wxanl,

May I ask which free module version are you using? You can check out the latest one from us, PrestaShop migrator ver 1.1.2 - this bug is fixed on the newest release. 

Best regard.

16 hours ago, wxanl said:

Hi, i was using 1.0.9. Could you provide a download link to the latest free version please ? I will try again then.

Hello,

The newest version is updated on the first post of this topic, I hope you will visit more often to get the latest release for this module. 

Here is the download link for version 1.1.2:  v1.1.2-free-presta-migrator-please-unzip-to-use.zip

Best regard.

Hi, thank you for the link. I did try this version but it was now runnign for 14!!! hours and did just hang at 98% (pr_tax_rules). No products migrated.

I really need to get the shop online. All the categories and products are there. I only need to get rid of the 20% discount that resulted from the migration.

Can you tell me how to do that manually since i cant do it with the module  please ?

17 hours ago, wxanl said:

Hi, thank you for the link. I did try this version but it was now runnign for 14!!! hours and did just hang at 98% (pr_tax_rules). No products migrated.

I really need to get the shop online. All the categories and products are there. I only need to get rid of the 20% discount that resulted from the migration.

Can you tell me how to do that manually since i cant do it with the module  please ?

Hello,

You can try this method: open your database manager -> run this SQL query: DELETE from ps_specific_price WHERE id_product=0

If it's possible, can you send me your websites login information (both source and target website) into my inbox so that I can analyze this bug and continue to improve this free module?

Best regard.

Edited by ets-soft (see edit history)

15 hours ago, Robin 39 said:

Hello

I have an issue with upgrading prestashop version 1.6 to 1.7 for free.

How can I do it?

I wish your help

Hello Robin,

Thank you for using our PrestaShop Migrator free module. On the first post of this topic, I did instruct how to use this module step by step, you can navigate back to page 1 and find it. The newest release of this module will also be attached to the top, so I hope you'll visit this topic regularly and enjoy the latest version.

Best regard.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2018 at 5:50 AM, ets-soft said:

Hi 

Regards

Excellent, I purchased the 1.1.16 version of the migrator today. However, running the manual export of my database has now been stuck on 1% for over an hour, leading me to believe something is amiss. Any data I can contribute to check this, or wait for another version to roll out?