Cart summary - Undesired "Total" calculation

Hi people,

I am running 1.6.1.18

Theme is default-bootstrap

Customer group is set to display prices EXCLUDING Tax as we are B2B company.

Taxes are set to Enable Tax = Yes and Display Tax in Shopping Cart = Yes

Example of order summary page...

To me this does not make sense as the Total should be IMO the sum of $499 + $74.85 e.g. $573.85

What is interesting is that on the order payment page the calculation is how I would like the order summary page to display...

Perhaps this is possible by editing a .tpl file?  Can you please advise how I can make the order summary page calculate the Total price the same way as the order payment page does.

Thanks

taxes.jpg

groups.jpg

payment_good.jpg

cart.jpg

Since I joined this forum in June 2017 I've asked four questions.  Never had an answer/reply to any of them :(

So today I answer my own question.

I was able to achieve the desired cart summary total by commenting out the tax exclusive arguments in shopping-cart.tpl

<tr class="cart_total_price">
                    <td colspan="{$col_span_subtotal}" class="total_price_container text-right">
                        <span>{l s='Total'}</span>
                        <div class="hookDisplayProductPriceBlock-price" id="HOOK_DISPLAY_PRODUCT_PRICE_BLOCK">
                            {hook h="displayCartTotalPriceLabel"}
                        </div>
                    </td>

{*

{if $use_taxes}
                        {if $priceDisplay}
                            <td colspan="2" class="price" id="total_price_container">
                                <span id="total_price_without_tax">{displayPrice price=$total_price_without_tax}</span>
                            </td>
                        {else}
                    *}
                                <span id="total_price">{displayPrice price=$total_price}</span>
                            </td>

{*    
                        {/if}
                    {else}
                            <span id="total_price_without_tax">{displayPrice price=$total_price_without_tax}</span>
                        </td>
                    {/if}

*}    

</tr>

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 5/20/2018 at 10:35 PM, inspectaclueso said:

Since I joined this forum in June 2017 I've asked four questions.  Never had an answer/reply to any of them :(

So today I answer my own question.

I was able to achieve the desired cart summary total by commenting out the tax exclusive arguments in shopping-cart.tpl

<tr class="cart_total_price">
                    <td colspan="{$col_span_subtotal}" class="total_price_container text-right">
                        <span>{l s='Total'}</span>
                        <div class="hookDisplayProductPriceBlock-price" id="HOOK_DISPLAY_PRODUCT_PRICE_BLOCK">
                            {hook h="displayCartTotalPriceLabel"}
                        </div>
                    </td>

{*

{if $use_taxes}
                        {if $priceDisplay}
                            </td>
                        {else}
                    *}
                                <span id="total_price">{displayPrice price=$total_price}</span>
                            </td>

{*    
                        {/if}
                    {else}
                        </td>
                    {/if}

*}    

</tr>

Thank you very much. I've spent so much time on this until I found your solution.