Email setup not working - advice please

gray

I am trying to finalize my Eshop at www.gb-online.co.uk

But I cannot get any of the email functions to work. I am using A2 hosting company.

Tried using inbuilt php mail() It says mail has been sent. But it has not.

Tried using smtp with every permation I can think of, but I get error

Error: Please check your configuration
Connection could not be established with host send.one.com [ #0]

My smtp setup is

Mail domain name - no name
SMTP server - send.one.com
SMTP username - [email protected]
SMTP password - **********
Encryption - SSL
Port - 465

Any ideas plz

Edited by gray (see edit history)

I have sorted this out.

Due to the possibility of the hosting company being blacklisted by spam, All emails must use there own hosted email address's. These can however be forwarded to your email address.

It would appear all hosting companies do this.

Hi 

Many users use Cpanel without have access to WHM.

CPanel / WHM have a option to block smtp.

This feature prevents users from bypassing the mail server to send mail, a common practice used by spammers. 

If you have  access to WHM turns off this feature (SMTP Restrictions)(Picture Attached)

If you dont have access to WHM contact your hosting provider.

Screenshot_1.png

• 7 months later...
On 5/16/2018 at 3:57 PM, gray said:

I have sorted this out.

Due to the possibility of the hosting company being blacklisted by spam, All emails must use there own hosted email address's. These can however be forwarded to your email address.

It would appear all hosting companies do this.

Hello Gray,
Could you please explain in more detail how you solved your problem?
I have created a store in Prestashop for my client and it is hosted on GoDaddy, but this hosting is very restrictive and it is blocking the outgoing emails sent by Prestashop.
I have tried buying a product using a Gmail or Yahoo account, etc. No reply or confirmation email ever arrives.
But if I use my POP personal mail whose domain is on the same GoDaddy server, the notifications arrive perfectly.
I have communicated with the support but those who answer the phone do not know anything about emails or hosting. They can not help me.
At this time no user who creates their account, or buys a product or subscribes to the newsletter is receiving the confirmation email because the server blocks the php mail () or the SMTP
Please help.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 12/29/2018 at 1:47 PM, Ysrael Mertz said:

Hello Gray,
Could you please explain in more detail how you solved your problem?
I have created a store in Prestashop for my client and it is hosted on GoDaddy, but this hosting is very restrictive and it is blocking the outgoing emails sent by Prestashop.
I have tried buying a product using a Gmail or Yahoo account, etc. No reply or confirmation email ever arrives.
But if I use my POP personal mail whose domain is on the same GoDaddy server, the notifications arrive perfectly.
I have communicated with the support but those who answer the phone do not know anything about emails or hosting. They can not help me.
At this time no user who creates their account, or buys a product or subscribes to the newsletter is receiving the confirmation email because the server blocks the php mail () or the SMTP
Please help.

hi , have you found any solution ? i facing the same issue, pls let me know.

Edited by nirav nanda (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Bump. Any solution here? I have a newly installed Prestashop 1.7. 

The PHP Mail function works in a test PHP script, but NOTHING works inside presta, specially in the email settings area. The Test Email is never sent, even though I get a confirmation message.

I'm considering abandoning presta. Magento is much easier. Never gave me basic issues such as this.

• 3 weeks later...