How to temporarily close my prestashop for holidays?

Hi,

Is it possible to temporarily close my prestashop for holidays? How?
Something like ebay store vacation that displays message for customers and disable any purchases

Thanks in advance

easiest though not smartest is to disable your shop and edit the respective maintenance message.

otherwise leave the shop open and edit delivery times to reflect your vacation time (might work unless you intend to leave for >2 weeks), so customers can at least shop.

Go to the Preferences tab and change "Enable Shop" to "No", then click "Save" at the bottom. If you want to still be able to access the shop yourself, enter your IP address in the "Maintenance IP" field. To change the maintenance page message, go to Tools > Translations, click a flag next to "Front Office translations", then scroll down to the maintenance section, enter the text you want displayed, then scroll down to the bottom and click "Update translations".

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I know this is an old thread but in case somebody is searching it for a solution: I always put my shop in Catalog mode if I have to close it for longer than 2 weeks.

In BO: Preferences: Product: Catalog mode.

You can still view all items, just not order them.

I then update my logo picture to one that has a message about being closed so it's viewable on every page.

Edited by lettersets (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I know this is an old thread but in case somebody is searching it for a solution: I always put my shop in Catalog mode if I have to close it for longer than 2 weeks.

In BO: Preferences: Product: Catalog mode.

You can still view all items, just not order them.

I then update my logo picture to one that has a message about being closed so it's viewable on every page.

yeap, thanks for suggestion.

I want to say that this method is great for SEO, you will not lost your position with this method.

With maintenance mode you will, with catalog mode - you won't

regards

• Like 1

• 2 years later...