cassim

[MOD-Free] Show Manufacturs logo

Hallo there

I have been looking this forum over for a code or a mode that change the way the block Manufacturs work on.

I don't want a dropdown box to show the name, i don't want to see the Name of my manufacturs.

I want to see the manufacturs logo and nothing other.

So therefore i had to made this mod my self. And i am very happy with the way it when out. Tho it might need some fixes or more pro codeing. But "hey" it works :)

Please look at www.customdata.dk to see the demo of it. (Please note the site are in danish so if you are looking for the work Manufactures you will go wrong... Please look for Producenter)

I will add some screenshots of it later when i get on my mac pc, as this windows pc can't make screenshots for me

You can find the mod as a attachment to this post

Hope you enjoy it and remember to come with comments or a thanks if you download this :)

INSTALL:

1. Please download the file
2. MAKE BACKUP !
3. Upload it to your server into this folder (modules/blockmanufacturer) Please note that it will override the file on the server.
4. Enjoy !

EDIT:
The picturs below:

nr1. (manu.jpg) is the way its going to look in the block
nr.2 (manu1.jpg) is the settings of the image in the back office that is needed to make this work (Remember the size of it can be changed but the name need to keep the same if you don't know how to edit the code)
nr3. (manu2.jpg) Is the settings needed in the module "manufacture block" or whats it called in english.

Hope you will enjoy this mod. I loke it alot ! and it already have giving me 2 customers replays after they have ordered that they usede that to find the items they where looking for. !
So its a great mod.
Hope you have same luck with it.

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A LIVE STORE SO DON'T PLACE TEST ORDER ! Thanks.

blockmanufacturer.zip

34401_FEIAtUiijhGa7YiqGKrL_t

34402_Nb4ofJjWqyvhCZT44h36_t

34403_waTVctgt0qWkmszl1mqn_t

• Like 3

what if i have over 100 manufacturers ? it will makea very big image "? lol

You can under:

Backoffice --> Preferences >> Image

Create something called "Manu" and define the size and every thing there.

You can set the img size of the image to be 20x20 (very small) and it will display all like that.

You just need to change the img code in the file.

On line 13 you find this
name|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}"/> 

Change it to this

name|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}"/> 

If you look at this img i have createde the thing called manu in this setting with the size 200x60 as it is whats fits me.

If you create your own.. Remember to recreate your images (you do that in the bottom of the page shown on top)

34316_fa4AFgOuRZkwbqKb9NcQ_t

• Like 1

I have been editing the start post.. Inkl some img of it and also write a littel success story of this mod :)

And yes it is true :)

Hello, Thanks for the Mod..... I have successfully integrated the mod into my shop but I am having trouble aligning the images in the centre of the manufacturer block?!

Any ideas? I cant seem to find anything in the CSS....

Cheers

35214_fnphAm9A8Jrtv5IgkgVq_t

Hello, Thanks for the Mod..... I have successfully integrated the mod into my shop but I am having trouble aligning the images in the centre of the manufacturer block?!

Any ideas? I cant seem to find anything in the CSS....

Cheers

Can you give me a webpage so that i can look on it ? also a demo of your admin will be great so that i can look on it.

Have you editted the code ?

Hey Martin,

Page can be found at

http://www.prtoolsupplies.co.uk/shop/

I have attached three screenshots. I have set the image dimensions under 'manu' at a maximum of 200x60..

This works correctly but for some reason will not centre the images. I have set the current 'Dewalt' image at 141x71 but still no luck...

I have found the blockmanufacturer code in global.css within the theme I am using but there is no link to the img source...

Any help will be much appreciated...

Cheers

35219_p8z70TblcIKqClzQXLS8_t

35218_r2CHDmzENs3ZFgfCA4WT_t

35221_kkbfpB8t1QAtbWbJxzhA_t

SORTED: Just had to match the maximum file size with the correct image dimensions, and hey presto.....

Cheers Martin anyway.....

your img need to be around 200x60 or lower

Try to change the manu to the size of your img 141x71 or something

Remember to recreate the img after you change the size (look below the page where you edit the "manu" size

Or send your login info to me in a pm and i will try to have a look

From what i see the img is smaller than 200x60 and the system create it from the 141x71 to 200x60 and therefor it adds some white things.

SORTED: Just had to match the maximum file size with the correct image dimensions, and hey presto.....

Cheers Martin anyway.....

I can see you have found a way to fix it with the boesh thing :)

Looks great

Good luck with your site

Cheers. Its my first attempt at changing a theme to suit my project....Have you come across any good menu systems?

I am looking to replace the "blockcategories" section.... Displaying the categories at the top instead of left side....

Say I have around 30 manufacturers, but would like to be able to set the number of manufacturers' logos to be displayed under this module, with the option of the drop-down list. How do I do it.
Almost like the standard style manufacturer module, but their names replaced by their logos.

i will get some info to you later..
I don't use it longer on my site, as i got a better design. (yet to come) that won't will look good.

Where do you insert the URL for the logos? If I wanna click on "Nike Logo", I'll go straight to Nike website. Thanks :)

Where do you insert the URL for the logos? If I wanna click on "Nike Logo", I'll go straight to Nike website. Thanks :)

under the backend under
Catalog ->manufacturs

Cool Thanks. How do you get rid of the "Drop Menu" for All Manufacturers? Thanks again :)

37741_I4ZoBNszQTr34RkcyH8e_t

Cool Thanks. How do you get rid of the "Drop Menu" for All Manufacturers? Thanks again :)

You can disable the Dropdown menu from the module options (Modules->blockmanufacturer->Use a drop-down list)

Thanks for this awesome module, ive been wanting something like this for a while.

The only problem i have, is now my logo's show up as giant white question marks.

Where do i change the image? I have all the correct images setup in the Back office.

---------EDIT------------

Sorry, didnt see the 2nd part to the install, sorted it :D

Thanks again for your awesome free module!!

Hi, I'm in urgent need to possess this mod ;-) Could you please attach a file or code ;-)