Why is it hard to understand the system requirements?

From the official documentation, prestashop mentioned that they are running 'good' with PHP 5.4+ and never mentioned about the breaking issue. When I try prestashop 1.7.3.2, on the latest PHP 7.2, I got error message that defnitely has compatibility issue.

Can we being honest and in documentation we specify like this:

PHP 7.2 for prestashop 1.7.4+

PHP 7.1 for prestashop 1.7.1

PHP 7.0 for prestashop 1.7.1.2 - 1.7.1.9

Again I still cannot find the proper system requirement for prestashop or recommendation PHP version. What I read is just bunch of suggestion and recommendation from the community. Can anyone explain this ?

If I use prestashop 1.7.3.2 is it guarantee to work with PHP 7.2 ? The guaranteed issue is what causes me to ask this question.

Edited by arafatx
Add more stuff (see edit history)

On 5/12/2018 at 3:31 PM, Rho_Bur said:

Have a look on this https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/633857-server-requirements-for-ps-17/

But it is true that PS should shed more light upon the PHP7.2 versions compatibility.

I still not found the exact answer from the link given. Reading from the sentence given quote here:

QUOTA:

From PS 1.7.3.X to latest

You need at least php 7.0. (best performance with fpm-php + opcache + ngnix proxied)

I'm confused with the recommendation given by the sentence 'at least'. Does this mean, 7.1 works perfectly with 1.7.3.X? Why is this not documented properly?