CSV Export and Import for Price Updating

franV

Hi
I've searched for a step by step description of how to massupdate product prices via CSV but cant find.

I load products the traditional manual method, but would like to update prices by CSV.

1. How to export your database for this.
(also will this be zipped file...wil you have to rename it?)
2. What is the best program to open and edit the database in?
3. The process of importing the database.

There does'nt seem to be a default prestashop module for this?

• 4 months later...

Unfortunately not
Prestashop has become so big that moderators or others more knowledgeable many times don't want to repeat themselves, which is understandable.

It is difficult to find a forum post with the best replies among all the thousands and I hope Prestashop can implement a sort of "greatest hits" type of forum collection. One where a type of tag system will guide you to the most relevant and best rated commented forum questions.

I am a dedicated Prestashop user and hugely grateful for it.
So I don't take pleasure leveling the following criticism.

Guides
I bought beginners guide to prestashop from Pack books. It is a great book and helps me a lot but there is a need for an advanced manual.
In the forum advanced topics is scattered among thousands of forum posts with varying degrees of useful replies.

Modules
I also hope that Prestashop could drop the prices of some of its modules.
Some of the Module's not included with the core application is critical to the functioning of my shop for example but many of them is very expensive.
I'm sure that with the popularity of Prestashop the developers and third party developers can start to drop the prices since the economy of scale would mean they would not necessarily make less money.

Updater
Prestashop should get is an automatic or less painfull update system.

Mass update module.
a CSV or Excel or even better an ODF (open office/libre office format price or catalogue update system is sorely needed. A lot of other shops have this but not prestashop.

• 3 months later...

I have the same issue.

the core prestashop features lack many things...

they need the ability to import a CVS and set which field triggers a match to update the record. For example, if the name matches, update the record... many times we cannot match IDs due to them being auto entered in presta.

They also need the ability to delete only certain groups of products - by category, by mfg, by supplier... so we can reload a supplier or mfgs info if we want.

and they need more up to date documentation on advanced use.

• 2 months later...

I agree with mmreed.

There are some bugs reported that weren't unable to troubleshoot. My concern is that these bugs are tagged as "fixed" when actually aren't fixed. For example, take a look at this:

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCFI-911

Unfortunately this issue makes the import feature tedious to use. You cannot import columns that are in a different order of the internal app array nor import features correctly after saving a template.

• 1 year later...

I can do price/quantity updates by reference or id if you are interested. This can be scheduled for a regular update or run on demand when an email is received with CSV attached. I can also get vendor inventory files and use that to update your store.

Contact me at the address below if you are interested.