Moneybookers - open in a new window

Prestafan1234

Hi

I've installed the Moneybookers' module. However I find it very un-user friendly if a customer starts their payment process and then wishes to return to my shop without going through with the payment, as this is not possible. The payment window opens directly in my shop in full screen, and using the back button gives an error "Invalid token". Therefore, the customer cannot continue shopping once he has selected to pay with one of the payment options in Moneybookers.

I would like the payment window to open in a popup window (preferebly a smaller one) so my shop stays open in the background. Does anyone know what I need to correct (which files and where) to make this happen?

Thanks.

I can't test this but if you edit modules/moneybookers/moneybookers.tpl

<form action="https://www.moneybookers.com/app/payment.pl" method="post" > 

(it appears 3 times)
by adding target="_blank" it should open the moneybookers page in a new tab.

To open in a popup windows you'll have to add the javascript function

{literal}
function newPopup(url) {
   popupWindow = window.open(        url,'popUpWindow','height=600,width=600,left=10,top=10,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,toolbar=yes,menubar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=yes')
}
{/literal}

and change the action of the forms to

action="*3newPopup('https://www.moneybookers.com/app/payment.pl');" 

*1 script type="text/javascript" between <>
*2 /script between <>
*3 JavaScript followed by : symbol

Thanks for the quick reply. I have added target=_blank" which opens on a new tab like you said. However, I am a bit uncertain about the last things you write.

Where in the code do I add the javascript function?

{literal} *1function newPopup(url) {    popupWindow = window.open(        url,'popUpWindow','height=600,width=600,left=10,top=10,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,toolbar=yes,menubar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=yes')}*2{/literal} 

I am also unsure about the last steps you describe. Sorry but I am no good at java*script-(

Adding it at the top of the same file should work or for a more clean approach you can copy the function at the end of one of the .js files that are loaded with the page , without the literal and script tags.I attached an image with the full code.

34052_NYF9xv8Ei7MxkoFDnuij_t

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bump this. I have had two customers in 3 days that experienced an error when paying with Moneybookers (VISA Electron) nothing happened when they chose payment method, just the timer on the screen, so they closed the window and thus my shop. One wrote me an e-mail telling me this and she has not returned to complete her order. So this is basically costing me money (and I am sure a lot of others, perhaps you just haven't realised).

I do get orders where the payment goes through fine, however there must be a bug that prohibits the connection to MB once in a while, and here it would be really nice, if it was just the payment window the customer shut down and not the whole shop.

Any help is greatly appreciated.