[extension] Multi Image Uploader for Products V2

shoulders

what's the problem?

when i add 1 image (Start upload) button is active.
when i add 2 images (Start upload) button is INactive.
when i add 3 image (Start upload) button is active.
when i add 4 images (Start upload) button is INactive.
when i add 5 image (Start upload) button is active.
when i add 6 images (Start upload) button is INactive.

what's the problem?

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks shoulders,

I use "Multi Image Uploader V2 (RC 1.4)" with PrestaShop 1.3.7
use the v1.3.6.0 - AdminProducts.php (because it does not have version for 1.3.7)
I use browser Firefox 3.6.13

Work like a charm!

Hi,

My shop is still running under VPS1.22 and will be a challenge to update it (I made so much mods to match my needs).

So I compared this extension code and implemented it for PS1.2x.
The modification code of AdminProduct is the same
Just need to add the code for this missing function, at the end of the file:

private function _positionJS()
{

return '[removed]

function hideLink()
{
$(".position-cell").html("");

}
[removed]';
}

First remark for those of you still getting the message that you need Flash or Gears or...: I have the same on my local site (running under EasyPHP 5.3.2) but this disappears when copying the code on my real site.
Very similar behavior than some other modules using Flash (ie: homefeaturedcarousel).

Result:
-I can add files
-I can clic on start uploading
-Looks like the upload is done (get the progression bar and the green icon after completion)

BUT, no image is loaded. Img/tmp is empty, Img/p get no additional file
After the "upload", the page is refreshed and the product does not show up more images.
I noticed that the counter of images for the product increased (so there are some modifications done in the database), but no real image is added.

Looks like the white image issue described above, but this is happening for all files, whatever the size. So a different issue.

I'm looking at the code for hours to guess what could be the issue, and still has no idea.

If someone got the same trouble and found a solution...

Regards
Franck

it is a tricky one. but prestashop 1.4 when it is released has an overide folder for core files i think so you might consider updating then.

the fault is in adminproducts code. it might not be compatible.

i found using fiddler http proxy very helpful in diagnosing issues

Hi,

I was just wondering how hard it would be to do the same as you have done with this module & plupload but have it implemented in the front end to replace the customise image uploader?

I would rely like to implement this but I am a prestashop, pluploader, php noob so am unsure how to start?

Any advice & guidance would be appreciated..

Thanks

i didnt know there was a FO uploader for PS. Is this new in PS 1.4. This might sound stupid but i have no idea where to look for this. Screen shot might help.

I will be making the new version very shortly. the instructions in the download should allow you to make your own adminproducts.php.

I will also try and fix the issues that have been raised earlier on about the upload button.

I don't think it's new in PS 1.4 frankly i've never used it before.

I've just seen settings under the Back Office > Preferences > Products Tab for "The maximum size of pictures uploadable by customers (in Bytes)" so i assume there has to be an uploader of some sort and that it would be in the FO.

40835_h9k8AFVDQzSg99iE3hHL_t

I think he means the File Unloader in the Front Office FO

Yes that is what i mean. It has the same issue as the admin
This extension/hack adds the ability to upload multiple files in one go to save all those mouse clicks and wasted time.
when uploading multiple files.

i looked at fancyupload, it uses mootools which conflicts with jquery of PS. I am sure the old version of this uploader was based on fancy uploader.

I will not be using it. i am not sure that PS uses fancy uploader. Not that i have seen anyway.

i appreciate the interest though

• 2 weeks later...
Help me please. I`m using prestashop 1.3.6 and browzer IE8 but Multi Image Uploader for Products V2 didn`t work.
I`m install this module in the next order:
1. folder img in directory admin.
2. js in admin.
3. tabs in admin.
4. upload_pic.php in admin.
Where maybe error?

you have not installed it correctely

i think there are also problems with PS1.3.6

upgrade and reinstall the extension

• 2 weeks later...
I can upload files fine, but when i go back to the images tab i get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method AdminProducts::positionJS() in /home/ad****/tabs/AdminProducts.php on line 2145

I've attached my adminproducts file

what version of prestashop are you using.

also please edit your post to remove your admin directory like i have.

thanks

How to fix that i have the same error with JPOSITION !

43052_Q76IPYU2VHLdObOH7M4O_t

hi

thank you for the module :) looking very cool and going to save alot of time!

iv noticed a few errors tho...
im busy using prestashop 1.4 final.
Using Firefox.

1) when i drag and drop the images....it just opens up the image in firebox browser?without adding it.
2) when i click ADD FILES....and add a file...it duplicates the file to upload (adds it twice)
3) when i click upload.....it sticks at 0%?

any ideas guys?
im using troyrob's AdminProducts.php file.

please help :)

Hi,

I'm trying to upload pictures to my prestashop website, but when I choose about 3 to 4 images, and the size of all pictures is more than 300kb, I can't upload it...

Where can I change this parameter?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

cedrick

For information: it doesn't work for me with FF 4.0... :(

Hi,

I'm trying to upload pictures to my prestashop website, but when I choose about 3 to 4 images, and the size of all pictures is more than 300kb, I can't upload it...

Thanks for your help.

Regards

cedrick

where were you uploading files from?

The setting ssssaerty mentioned is only for customers.

hi

thank you for the module :) looking very cool and going to save alot of time!

iv noticed a few errors tho...
im busy using prestashop 1.4 final.
Using Firefox.

1) when i drag and drop the images....it just opens up the image in firebox browser?without adding it.
2) when i click ADD FILES....and add a file...it duplicates the file to upload (adds it twice)
3) when i click upload.....it sticks at 0%?

any ideas guys?
im using troyrob's AdminProducts.php file.

please help :)

you do not have it installed properely. perhaps try the new version i am about to upload

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

Regards

cedrick

where were you uploading files from?

The setting ssssaerty mentioned is only for customers.

Well I'm uploading files from my computer using backoffice.

This real great module. Excuse me I do not speak very well in English
I have a question. Is it possible to make mass delete in this module?
And big thanks for good working!

Not with this module at the minute. I would need to write some javascript and i am not good at that.

Help me please. I`m using prestashop 1.3.6 and browzer IE8 but Multi Image Uploader for Products V2 didn`t work.

I`m install this module in the next order:

1. folder img in directory admin.

2. js in admin.

3. tabs in admin.

4. upload_pic.php in admin.

Where maybe error?

did you get my module installed?

The instructions above are wrong.

Thank you for this extremely useful module. After testing the previous version which worked very well, i've installed the latest 1.5, following exactly the readme but in BO image tab instead of the usual box the

You browser doesnt have Flash, Silverlight, Gears, BrowserPlus or HTML5 support.
message is appearing; I know that is not the case I have Flash and Gears support and Silverlight in Internet Explorer too, what could be the reason ?

EDIT: I'm using Firefox 4

• 3 weeks later...

Hi shouders,

Thanks a ton for your great extension, it saved many times for uploading imge products.
But, i have an idea, if you can combine your code with the code for tinymce update (update browse image dircetly) from this thread http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/44223/third_party_modules/solvedworking_tinymce_update/, I think this combine code is very very useful for many many people here.

Can you please do this for us, it's very nice if you can help.

Thanks,

Hi shouders,

Thanks a ton for your great extension, it saved many times for uploading imge products.
But, i have an idea, if you can combine your code with the code for tinymce update (update browse image dircetly) from this thread http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/44223/third_party_modules/solvedworking_tinymce_update/, I think this combine code is very very useful for many many people here.

Can you please do this for us, it's very nice if you can help.

Thanks,

different system. it will not work

hello. I am using PS 1.3.6.0
Drag and drop function does not work with FireFox 4.0.1. When I am trying photo is just opening in Firefox.

and how can I move file size graph in correct place ? See attached photo

45716_xU1SS2OnVQsQm3SgXVtR_t

Google gears not supported by FireFox 4.0.1

Dowloaded by IE 9.0, installed on computer. Does not work.

and is it mistake? Should it have sign ;

Watch foto below. File jquery.plupload.queue.css

45724_pirjTe279X9wNT5Faejt_t

i think this is caused by the size of the box that the uploader gui sits in. i will look at this for the next release.

maybe reduce the padding of the container div in the adminproducts.php . I am guessing though

read the instructions, this will give you a link to the supported upload modes by the various different browsers.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Where can I get the most recent version of this? The one i find in this thread is from 2010. Thank you! I really need this as I have 1000's of products to get online.

Also can you tell me if this produces the SEO image name and the different sizes needed for the cart (thumbs, medium, large etc?)

Hi Where can I get the most recent version of this? The one i find in this thread is from 2010. Thank you! I really need this as I have 1000's of products to get online.

Also can you tell me if this produces the SEO image name and the different sizes needed for the cart (thumbs, medium, large etc?)

Hello this is regulary updated, it has instructions to get it working with the latest PS version. I will release one shortly with an updated adminproducts.php.

2010 was when i made the first post.

this updates the images to have an image name and creates all sized images as set in PS.

• 2 weeks later...

If I posted here, I might say that I have a problem with this one as well, but it's not a big thing because I have 4 browsers from witch to chose. So here it is.....

In firefox 4 and opera all is ok but in chrome, with the latest v12 I can't click on the start uploading images. WHY?

Thanks for the help.

Hello to all !

Many thanks for this Extension it is really cool.

And worked for me on 1.3.1 on Chrome and Mozilla.

Now what we have. New Chrome and Mozilla not support Google Gears in full and the extension not really works good.

I updated my store to 1.4.3 (the last what I've downloaded today). And the same situation.

Not works anymore.
I see the table but can't ADD FILES or UPLOAD

• 1 month later...

Tested with Firefox 5 and Prestashop 1.4.4.0 and works fine.

but I'm probably too dumb to get it working without side effect on the "Attributes" tab.

Can anybody provide the AdminProducts.php for the current Prestashop version?

• 1 month later...

hi all, newb here..

I need this module, I installed the module on the OB module tab... but the module is not in the list...

I have replaced the adminproducts.php with the correct one (1.4.4.1)

I have copy the multi-image-uploader to my admin folder

I still cannot use the module at all..

Can someone advise me what went wrong? Thanks before

it does not appear in the module list.

off top of my head i do not think it appears until the item has ben saved at least once. this is needed to create a product ID.

check that the multi-image-uploader folder is in the correct place.

I am using 1.4.4.1, and i uploaded all the files needed and applied file "v1.4.4.0 - AdminProducts.php" posted by a3784386 on floor #166.

I can upload image, but the image uploaded long ago with old version of prestashop can not be displayed, because the old images path been changed to the path with new version.

eg. right path: /img/p/1/4/3/121-small.jpg -> image can be seen

wrong path: /img/p/43-121-small.jpg -> no image shows

Can this be fixed?

Thanks in advance.

I am not a programmer, I can only copy and paste, know nothing about php.

And just now I tried to change the image path, older image can be displayed now, but image path created by this module use different path map from system map, but i can use system function "move image' to change the image path in a same way.

New version stores image in folders named by Arabic numerals, eg, if the image name is 111.jpg, the path will be img/p/1/1/1/111.jpg.

By using the new path, you might have to change upload.php I think.

It is good to see your updated full version. Thanks, this is a great module.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I use firefox 7.0.1 and works fine. Also on older versions it was ok.

Now I tried Chrome 14.0.835.202 - it's also OK. But IE 8, this stupid browser (which I never use) doesnt have Flash, Silverlight, Gears, BrowserPlus or HTML5 support!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I have v1.4.5.1 and I downloaded that file along with the multi image uploader and followed all the steps. I am not seeing any changes to my store. Are these automatically applied once the folder is in the admin folder and the file replaces the other file in tabs?

as mentioned in this thread i think that you have not saved your product before uploading images.

the multi image uploader will not appear until you have saved your product at least once.

please let us know here.

shoulders

I don't know exactly Max OS X, but what about install one of these technologies - Flash, Silverlight, Gears, BrowserPlus or HTML5 support?

In Windows, you haven't flash, you must add - install it into your browser, maybe it is same in Mac.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have a 1.4.3 version of PrestaShop. I have downloaded the file for product admin1.4.2.5 and I found what the problem was solved through the pictures. Did I thinkyou've solved the new update, but I have the problem that when you upload v1.4.5.1 -AdminProducts.php so my editing product disappears all other tabs except INFO.When they give older version AdminProduct everything behaves correctly just to make a bad way to images, but once you upload a file that you think should solve the problem the only thing I will edit the items in the first tab and nothing more ..

btw: I use google translator.

post-266346-0-38047000-1320843957_thumb.jpg

post-266346-0-44357400-1320843978_thumb.jpg