[extension] Multi Image Uploader for Products V2

shoulders

* IMPORTANT - PS v1.5.0.5 now support multiple image uploading, it is not as pretty as what i have done and does not support captions, maybe this is done elsewhere. ps v1.5.0.5 is still young and not a final release. this most likely means that i will not redevelop this module any further as this feature is now part of the core and the PS team will maintaining it. I will update the package that is here for older version of prestashop and include all the adminproducts.php to make life easier

If the new muliti image uploader stays basic i will revisit this module, you know how us programmers are, we can't leave it alone, if it is not broken, improve it. *

I have made a new multiple image uploader based on the one from here

This extension/hack adds the ability to upload multiple files in one go to save all those mouse clicks and wasted time.

Because I have use PlupLoad for the uploader this allows the use of drag and drop amongst other things (not all languages support this) for selecting files.

Plupload utilises various programming languages, each of these languages has various features.

This supports Prestashop v1.3.x.x, v1.4.x.x and possibly 1.2.x (if you are still using it)

thanks archproject, there is a bug in prestashop v1.3.4 and v1.3.5 which prevents image uploading. This is not a fault with th multi uploader. see this thread. MIME types and "image format not recognised, allowed formats are .gif, .jpg, .png"

http://www.prestasho...rror_on_upload/

Feature compatability list (always try 2 browsers before reporting issues IE/FF)

http://www.plupload.com/

##########################################

Features

- upload multiple images in one operation

- multiple client based programming languages supported (Flash, Gears, HTML5 and more)

- Drag and Drop file selection

- Tradition Browse window to select multiple images

- multi language caption support (via normal caption input box, top left)

- obeys prestashop max file size (this is still hardcoded to 2000kb in prestashop)

- page auto refreshes after image upload is finished and reopens on the image tab ready for next upload

25-04-11 RC 1.5

- pluploader updated to v1.4.3.2

- extra runtime libaries added, should fix only gears working and better browser support

- fixes upload sequence error reported by archproject

----------------

34437_XAOQ9fVc9VPEw7OOwXvp_t

Multi Image Uploader V2 (RC 1.5).zip

• Like 1

Tested.

I just tried. It works! But with bug in the info tab of product description. Actually there is no Default category form where you can insert item in directory.

But may be it is because I just copied files to my admin folder. I didn't change it anything in the *.php files. Because I don't understand what I have to change and where...

not sure about the bug you described. If you are not running prestashop 1.4.0.2 you need to splice the 2 code snippets in to your version of AdminProducts.php, this could be causing your issue.

1. can you descibe the problem more, ie the bug you are experienceing
2. can you post a copy of your backup of AdminProducts.php (ie standard one)
3. what ver prestashop are you running

I will try and alter the file for you.

Ok I didn't copied and changed any code. I'm on version 1.3.1.

Can you step by step explain what to do?

- change these (in upload.php) to use PS_ADMIN_DIR and PS_BASE_URI , so far i cannot get these to work.

include(’../../config/config.inc.php’);
include(’../functions.php’);

There is Line number 3 in the upload.php

define('PS_ADMIN_DIR', getcwd());

include('../../config/config.inc.php');
include('../functions.php');

And I don't understand what I have to change here.

Ok I didn't copied and changed any code. I'm on version 1.3.1.

Can you step by step explain what to do?

- change these (in upload.php) to use PS_ADMIN_DIR and PS_BASE_URI , so far i cannot get these to work.

include(’../../config/config.inc.php’);
include(’../functions.php’);

There is Line number 3 in the upload.php

define('PS_ADMIN_DIR', getcwd());

include('../../config/config.inc.php');
include('../functions.php');

And I don't understand what I have to change here.

I have altered my first post. These are things for me to do. Just basically tidying the code up. There is nothing you need to do with these.

All that needs to be done is upload all the files to your prestashop admin directory. If not running prestashop 1.4.0.2 you need to copy the extra sections of code present in AdminProducts.php in to your version of the file. I did have trouble adding the code because a semicolon here or a apostrophe there can make all the difference.

I have altered presashop v1.3.2.3 AdminProducts.php give that a whirl. I might update my instructions a little. I do not know if this file works because i dont have that version installed. (ps. check first post for file)

I dont have access to 1.3.1 so if the 1.3.2.3 files doesnt work you will need to post that for me.

cheers for the feedback

What I have copy? And where I have to copy it?
I understand that I have to copy extra section from AdminProducts.php file to my existing AdminProducts.php

But I'm newbie in php and I don't know what of extra section I have to copy there.

i have implement this multi image uploader either on v 1.3.23 or 1.4.02, but when i try to upload image with size > 30kb i can only see a white image

I also have an upload image issue. but for me it is when i upload more than 1 meg i seem to get the white image issue. this could be because the images i uploaded are too large in dimension. I definately got this when i upload images larger than 2 megs.

I will have a play with this this week. I am uploading a slighty newer version of my uploader RC1.1

i have implement this multi image uploader either on v 1.3.23 or 1.4.02, but when i try to upload image with size > 30kb i can only see a white image

I also have an upload image issue. but for me it is when i upload more than 1 meg i seem to get the white image issue. this could be because the images i uploaded are too large in dimension. I definately got this when i upload images larger than 2 megs.

I will have a play with this this week. I am uploading a slighty newer version of my uploader RC1.1

oke thanks a lot for your respond :) hope it will solved as soon as possible ;) regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am in v1.3.2.3.

I uploaded the folder 'multi-image-uploader' to /my Admin Folder/
Then replaced original one with the AdminProducts.php (The v1.3.2.3 one) in /my Admin Folder/tabs/

And go to BO > Catalog > select a product and go to "Image" tab,
I can see the panel of "Multi Image Uploader V2 (RC 1.2)".
However, it does nothing when I clicked the button "Add files" in the panel of "Multi Image Uploader V2 (RC 1.2)".
Are there any mistakes with my installation??

Please help, really want to use this module.
Thank you!!

can you drag a file on to the multiuploader panel and see if it adds a file to the list.

The way it should work (just incase not obvious) is files are added to the list in the panel and then you click start upload.

Is this a new product or an already exisiting product?
what browser are you using? try firefox and IE if you can and let me know.

I must admit i have not tested the 1.3.2.3 version but i will tonight

thanks for the feedback

can you drag a file on to the multiuploader panel and see if it adds a file to the list.

The way it should work (just incase not obvious) is files are added to the list in the panel and then you click start upload.

Is this a new product or an already exisiting product?
what browser are you using? try firefox and IE if you can and let me know.

I must admit i have not tested the 1.3.2.3 version but i will tonight

thanks for the feedback

Hi,

Thanks for your rapid reply.

I tried to drag the image from the Explorer,
and the IE8 displays the image which I dragged.
So I need to press "previous page" to back to the Back Office.

Actually, when I clicked "Add files" in the panel,
it jumps to the top of the pages automatically.
At the end, I can not add images to the product.
I tried in existing product. and no panel shown when adding a new product.

Waiting for your reply soon.
Thank you very much!!

I tried to drag the image from the Explorer,
and the IE8 displays the image which I dragged.
So I need to press "previous page" to back to the Back Office.

i am not quite sure why you click the back button/preivious page. when these files have been added to the list do you click start upload, this button actually uploads the files, not just by dragging, then once uploaded successfully (with green tick) you click on the image save button (i will tidy this up later) and the uploaded images should appear, the previous page is not needed here. please can you explain further why you do this.

Actually, when I clicked "Add files" in the panel,
it jumps to the top of the pages automatically.
At the end, I can not add images to the product.
I tried in existing product. and no panel shown when adding a new product.

This is interesting, i have not had this issue. can you try this with firefox.

I am just redoing the extension so the code that needs to be added is cleaner and easier while maintaining formatting. It make error less likely. When this is done i can then start error fixing.

cheers

Hi,

To make sure you can understand what I mean,
I captured the images from Picture 1 to 4 (See attachment).

I am in v1.3.2.3, IE8, Java 6, Flash Player 10.1
1. It goes to top when I clicked "Add files" in the panel. (Picture 1 & 2)
2. The IE show the image in my computer when I dragged it into the panel. (Picture 3 & 4)
So I hope you can understand.

And here is my installation steps:
1. Upload folder "multi-image-uploader" to /my Admin Folder/
2. Copy the "v1.3.2.3 - AdminProducts.php" and change the name to "AdminProducts.php"
3. Upload it to /my Admin Folder/tabs/ and replace the original one.
Please suggest am I correct in the installation.

Hope the problems will be fixed very soon.
Thank you.

34348_CC5SnrhMhHlQw2T2S6WY_t

34349_n5nfbtd7YVA9NnOUe9Or_t

34350_H0x41aQ3Nrmk0UF3R9V3_t

34351_RmAtLTmzdaK28ryz8LaZ_t

@ SuperDuper - thanks for the info above, can you see if my nbew version works for you

@ istox your version of admin products should be in the new download

Please note that i have only tested the v1.4.0.2 version, the rest should be fine though.

@ SuperDuper - thanks for the info above, can you see if my nbew version works for you

Please note that i have only tested the v1.4.0.2 version, the rest should be fine though.

I've try new version 1.3, but the white image issue still happen....did you fixed this issue on new release ?

Hello, which version can I try again?
Please suggest. Thank you.

I have tried it.

When I click "Add files", no any response.....(Not go to the top now)
The problem of dragging the images into the panel still appear. (Picture 3 & 4).

What is the version of Java or Flashplayer will be needed for your "Multi Image Uploader "???
Thank you for your help.

34451_GYlAyOK2z4ZqEnjrX6Ib_t

34452_iVkdkQADfVpmyCIHPtvW_t

I've try new version 1.3, but the white image issue still happen....did you fixed this issue on new release ?

white issue not fixed yet, this version was to get the formatting finalized so i can now move on to the actually uploading. I will have a play over the weekend.

I have tried it.

When I click "Add files", no any response.....(Not go to the top now)
The problem of dragging the images into the panel still appear. (Picture 3 & 4).

What is the version of Java or Flashplayer will be needed for your "Multi Image Uploader "???
Thank you for your help.

Hi mate,

I sort of know what is happening, the language files (ie gears/flash etc.. ) are getting blocked somehow. when you are dragging the file in to internet explorer it is just opening the picture as you would if you dragged the file in to the internet explorer anyway without the uploader there. The second issue where you add the files via the button also supports that not all the language library files are loaded either.

I am using the latest flash and javascript, i tries to load google gears first, i dont know if anything needs installing first for gears. I will check.

- Can you try in firefox

- Can you uninstall the google toolbar, not just disable it

- if removing the toolbar does not work can you remove all other internet explorer plugins, ie popup blockers

- do you have a restrictive .htaccess file?

I think one of the above is causing your problems?

probably about a week until i can look at this again. I have another project that is almost finished and needs my attention.

thanks everyone for the support

okay no problem, take your time and good luck with your project :)

• 4 weeks later...

[sOLVED - see below]
I have installed the uploader in Prestashop 1.3.3.3 but I just get a line that says "You browser doesnt have Flash, Silverlight, Gears, BrowserPlus or HTML5 support." in Prestashop.
Well, my browser is Firefox and it does have Flash and Silverlight installed - I have no idea what this problem is.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Ivan

I have installed the uploader in Prestashop 1.3.3.3 but I just get a line that says "You browser doesnt have Flash, Silverlight, Gears, BrowserPlus or HTML5 support." in Prestashop.
Well, my browser is Firefox and it does have Flash and Silverlight installed - I have no idea what this problem is.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Ivan

what version of Firefox are you running?

it sounds like you have turned addons off or have some sort of security issue.

Try IE for now

For All:

I am going to have a play at finishing this uploader this weekend

Firefox 3.6.13
I haven't turned addons off - in fact, I went and checked that addons were installed and I upgraded Silverlight etc.
Not sure what a security issue might be.
I guess you haven't heard of this message elsewhere?
Thanks,
Ivan

Exactly the same message in Firefox on Windows 7 and the same on IE on Windows 7.
This is a bit strange.
Any ideas of where to look. All these machines are configured differently - the Windows machine is a brand new install of W7 and new installs of Firefox and IE. But the install on the Mac is old. But they all have the same issue.
?
Ivan

have you used one one my pre done files?
have you used the correct version?

I am running windows 7 and it works fine apart from the white image thing. I will be looking at that first and then i can get back to you.

My advise, revert to your original files, check you can upload and then put the uploader thing back in.

you might also send me an image of the error you are receiving as i am nbot sure what is causing your issue.

OK, solved the problem! All my own fault from beginning to end.
So I went back to do as you suggested - revert to the original file. I read the Install instructions again and I noticed that the 'multi-image-uploader' folder that I'd uploaded was actually the top level folder called 'Multi Image Uploader V2 (RC 1.3)'.
Stupid I know, but again, not that stupid.
I had actually done a correct install on an earlier install of Prestashop and had it working.
So, now you will know in future if anyone pops up with the same non-install problem.
I would also tentatively suggest making the install instructions just a little clearer by changing the line 'upload the folder 'multi-image-uploader' to your admin directory' to read something like 'upload the folder 'multi-image-uploader' which is inside /Your Admin Folder to your admin directory'.
I know, I've only been doing this stuff for over twenty years.
Anyway, thanks for your help and support. Now hoping it works and that your updates cure the issues.
Cheers,
Ivan

I'm still running 1.3.3.0
It seemed to be running, but then the 'Upload' button just stopped doing anything so I uninstalled it. I was hoping you'd have an updated version that cured the white box issue?
I live in hope! (and I really appreciate your efforts)
btw, I don't know if you are intending this, but I would happily pay for a working version when its done

thanks for the feedback. i will have a look at the instructions again at those points you raised
thank you for you contribution. does this one work on v1.3.5?

i have not written a file for 1.3.5 but with the instructions you should be able to make your own

I'm still running 1.3.3.0
It seemed to be running, but then the 'Upload' button just stopped doing anything so I uninstalled it. I was hoping you'd have an updated version that cured the white box issue?
I live in hope! (and I really appreciate your efforts)
btw, I don't know if you are intending this, but I would happily pay for a working version when its done

I will definately fix the white image issue as i want this feature for myself. It will always be free as i am doing this for fun and the community.

thanks for the thought

update coming shortly with auto refresh, that submit button issue (not all you might of seen this). some code tidying. Image size set by prestashop. this is not yet setable in PS backend but when it is , it will be easy to change from the 2000KB limit.

I am just trying to replicate the white image issue. For thos uploading large files by resolution i think there might be a limit on the Image GD library or either 2000 x 2000 or 2048 x 2048. If anyone knows it would be helpful.

shoulders

I installed Multi-Image-Uploader in the required folder.
As I have Version 1.3.4.0 I didn´t know which version of AdminProducts.php should I have to install, so I installed v1.3.6.0 - AdminProducts.php, because v1.3.3.0 - AdminProducts.php didn´t worked (it said something as I don´t have Silverlight, Flash, etc. )
With v1.3.6.0 It seemed OK because it appears the square with the "Drag files here" inside, but when I add the files, some of them appear doubled, and the "Start upload" is almost always dimmed. When it is not dimmed and I try to Start Upload it does nothing. Stays quiet and no progressing bar.
So I reinstalled my older AdminProducts.php

I haven´t changed any code anywhere.

Used a Mac and Firefox 3.6.13

I installed Multi-Image-Uploader in the required folder.
As I have Version 1.3.4.0 I didn´t know which version of AdminProducts.php should I have to install, so I installed v1.3.6.0 - AdminProducts.php, because v1.3.3.0 - AdminProducts.php didn´t worked (it said something as I don´t have Silverlight, Flash, etc. )
With v1.3.6.0 It seemed OK because it appears the square with the "Drag files here" inside, but when I add the files, some of them appear doubled, and the "Start upload" is almost always dimmed. When it is not dimmed and I try to Start Upload it does nothing. Stays quiet and no progressing bar.
So I reinstalled my older AdminProducts.php

I haven´t changed any code anywhere.

Used a Mac and Firefox 3.6.13

please read the instructions and follow them if your adminproducts for your version of PS is not there. I spent a lot of time making the instructions easy to follow especially on how to mod the code.

or upgrade your prestashop.

thanks

Ok.

I downloaded AdminProducts.php from MY server with my FTP, modified as you told and uploaded again. Now everythig SEEMS OK but I can not upload more than one file each time. Only for a few times I uploaded more than one file. Even, when I choose to upload 2 files, they appear twice (two times each) and when I press "Send" the progress bar finishes but nothing happens. I have to press the "Save image" button to reset and see the uploaded image, that uses to be only one, not two. Also, it seems I cannot upload more than 2MB

imagen45.png

Installing Google Gears from http://gears.google.com/ helps a lot.
This time, when I wanted to upload multiple images I pressed "Save Image" first (it seemed it resets something).
Then added four files (they don´t appear doubled)
Then pressed "Start Upload" and
VOILA
Everything uploaded OK!!

Thanks a lot!!

Now a "Delete multiple images" button would be nice.
Last four images where just samples and I had to delete them one by one. :D

good to hear that you have had success. least i know it all works with gears.

'Save Image' is mentioned in the instructions. You cannot multiupload unless the product has an ID and that is why you have to click 'save image' first.

I understand what you mean about the deleting as i have done this loads during testing. I wont be doing it in the short term but when the uploader is all working and tested i might look at it.

thanks for the info

[update]

The dimmed button is more than likely because you had alredy clicked the uploaded button. it does that, 1 upload cycle until refreshed. The doubled image thing, i have not come across it but i will keep my eye out.

I can upload files fine, but when i go back to the images tab i get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method AdminProducts::positionJS() in /home/ad****/tabs/AdminProducts.php on line 2145

I've attached my adminproducts file

what version of prestashop are you using.

also please edit your post to remove your admin directory like i have.

thanks

Here is the adminproducts.php right from the 1.3.0.6 SVN

please check your versions of the files you send me.

1.3.0.6 is not on the SVN. 1.3.6 is. Did you get this from a install pack or actually from the SVN

see here http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/65671/

if you have got the one from the SVN which i will not support because the SVN is changed all the time,

try the v1.3.6

the code in the file you sent me looks good.

i think you are using the wrong version for your PS version

there seems to be an issue with PS v1.3.6. none of the image get displayed. This is a server / php version issue. i am working on it now.

[update] - for some reason i managed to uploaded a 0 byte css file. this means there is not a fault witht he package on PS v1.3.6, few i thought i had just lost my weekend

@ luuuciano

yes you are right. but only until you have saved the product at least once. so if you click on Save and Stay before you upload you images it will appear without you leaving the image upload page, after that it will always appear for that product.

glad you liked it

hi guys .. I have added the multi-image-uploader folder to my admin folder and replaced my AdminProducts.php with the v1.3.6.0 - AdminProducts.php and renamed it accordingly when I add a product and try to upload 12 pictures it was asking for a username password and tell me that my domain name (e.g. www.mysite.com) is asking for my username and password and I clicked cancel for all and 0 files were uploaded..? Why is this so ? is there any authentication needed for this uploader ?

is this the code that is doing this ?

/* Check required fields */
       foreach ($rules['required'] AS $field)
           if (($value = Tools::getValue($field)) == false AND $value != '0')
           {
               if (Tools::getValue('id_'.$this->table) AND $field == 'passwd')
                   continue;
               $this->_errors[] = $this->l('the field').' '.call_user_func(array($className, 'displayFieldName'), $field, $className).' '.$this->l('is required');
           }

Below is a screenshot of the authentication required, can somebody explain to me why this authentication is required?>

37890_j6PA9kVITOLER9ITh31X_t

@archproject

This should not happen !!!

the code you showed me looks like it is to do with form validation. It is out of context so i am guessing.

the windows security error you are getting could be due to security on your server, there is not any code as far as i know in the adminproducts that would cause this sort of error, certainly not in the additions i made.

It could be the server saying i think you are a spammer or hacker and then shutting the site down to your IP forcing you to enter a username and password (which probably wouldnt work anyway).

Try it with less images in the que and let me know.

when it prompts you like this can you still see your website.

thanks

But which username and password is it asking for ? my ftp account ? my admin page for prestashop? or something ...

would it do this if I set from my cpanel to have my admin directory to be password protected? i did this to have more security on it .. ?I haven't tried adding less pictures yet ... I am too tired .. it's 12.44 a.m. here where I am at .. and today starts the chinese new year ...

well anyway .. I am going to go to sleep soon ... thanks ... I will try tomorrow afternoon and update ..

But which username and password is it asking for ? my ftp account ? my admin page for prestashop? or something ...

It is not asking for a prestashop username and password or ftp details. I am sure it is a webserver username and password being asked for (mod_security / htaccess)

would it do this if I set from my cpanel to have my admin directory to be password protected? i did this to have more security on it .. ?

there is a good chance. Turn this off and see if it starts working. It does sound like this is the problem. Try setting htaccess restrictions manually if this turns out to fix it.

I haven't tried adding less pictures yet ... I am too tired .. it's 12.44 a.m. here where I am at .. and today starts the chinese new year ...

well anyway .. I am going to go to sleep soon ... thanks ... I will try tomorrow afternoon and update ..

I will have a play with htaccess password protection for the admin directory.

thanks
shoulders

it was the admin directory password protection after entering it once the browsers I think stores a cookie so that I can upload the pictures again without entering password again. so it's only once ... anyway .. great module ... thank you so much for creating it ... makes my life so much better ...

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem as you. When I try to upload my image jpg around 50kb, I get the same error message "image format not recognised, allowed formats are .gif, .jpg, .png.

I've tried uploading many jpg files of different sizes and get the same problem. I don't even get the white square you're getting. If you get a solution, will you pass it on please?

Brian
briandudhill@aol.com or leave response on here.

I have the same problem as you. When I try to upload my image jpg around 50kb, I get the same error message "image format not recognised, allowed formats are .gif, .jpg, .png.

I've tried uploading many jpg files of different sizes and get the same problem. I don't even get the white square you're getting. If you get a solution, will you pass it on please?

Brian
briandudhill@aol.com or leave response on here.

who else gets this "image format not recognized", as far as i know the uploader has not had this problem.

cheer

jon

I don't know if this will help but If you guys are using the PS 1.3.4 and 1.3.5 there's a bug ... please go to this site for help

http://www.prestashop.com/bug_tracker/view/image_mimetype_error_on_upload/

anyway I have been using this for a while now .. and it's soooo great ... but there's one thing that annoys me a little ... when I click on add image and selected a batch of image it was as normal and when I click again add image and gives some new batch of images the START UPLOAD button greys out .... and is not clickable and then when I click the add image for the third time and add another 3rd batch of images ... the start upload button became alive again ... and this goes on and on ... for every "EVEN" times you click the add image the start upload button greys out ... for every "ODD" times you click the start upload button becomes alive ... does anyone have this problem ?