[Solved]Custom order for products in category

x3n0m0rph

Hi!

I am developing an online Flower Shop using prestashop and I found that when you have many products in one category is difficult to arrange them in a custom order using the up/down arrows.

Since I need a custom order for products and using the arrows will take.. forever, I wonder if anyone has found a more simplified way to manually order them.

Or.. does anyone knows how to implement the categories sorting method (01. 02. ... in front of category names) to the products?

Pleease help!

(Sorry for bad english)

How many products are there in the category? You can choose to display 300 products, then click behind an arrow and drag upwards to move a products multiple positions at a time. That's the easiest way to reposition products without manually editing the ps_product table of the database and changing the positions.

• 1 month later...

Hello Rocky,
I am using PS Version 1.3.2.3 and in the product list under a category I only see one down arrow for each item and when I click on it the product jump to the last position and when I click on the following product in the list it is moved to a random possition... For the other categories there are not any arrow for the products...
I tried the 1.3.3 version in another server and the same. I need to order the product list under each category...
I used the sugestion about put a ´01.´ or an integer before the Product Name but it did not work. This suggestion works very well for the main ctaegory list but not for the produc list under a category... :(
Any suggestion before upgrade to 1.4?
Kind Regards

It sounds like your product positions are messed up, possibly because of a bug that was fixed a while ago. Try manually editing the ps_category_product table, sort it by id_category, then make sure that the products are number sequentially with no gaps in the numbering. Once you've got valid positions, the arrows in the position column should work again in the Back Office.

• 3 months later...