ttoine

Contributing to PrestaShop Core should become more easy

Question

Dear contributors, many Pull Requests from the community have been merged last week, and that's great. We would like that contributing becomes more and more easy over time, and I would like to have your feedback:

• What are your current difficulties to submit a Pull Request on PrestaShop Core repository?
  • What should we improve?
  • What documentation is missing?
  • Do you have other ideas?

Please, feel free to answer and discuss :)

2 answers to this question

What are your current difficulties to submit a Pull Request on PrestaShop Core repository?

Well, github is fu**ing hard for newcomers. I made a lot of improvement for PHP 7.2 but I can't submit it through GitHub because I just can't use it and I need to buy some tutorial to learn it.

Hello ! Here are a very helpful doc about 1st contributions to github projects :) hope it helps

https://github.com/firstcontributions/first-contributions

Here is how it starts:
"It's hard. It's always hard the first time you do something. Especially when you are collaborating, making mistakes isn't a comfortable thing. We wanted to simplify the way new open-source contributors learn & contribute for the first time.

Reading articles & watching tutorials can help, but what's better than actually doing the stuff in a practice environment? This project aims at providing guidance & simplifying the way beginners make their first contribution. If you are looking to make your first contribution, follow the steps below."

Looks promising, right ;) ?