Import Products - Internal Server Error 500

I am trying to load some products using a xlsx file. I get varyingly far into the import before I receive a generic error on the import screen. In Chromes Network Tools I see its a 500 error underlyingly. I have tried to import in smaller chunks but the point in which it fails continues to change. Sometimes it'll fail after just 30 items, or even during validation. Each time it provides no useful information.

I have seen many similar issues in other forum posts with no solution. Only one mentioned that it wasnt actually broken and that if we checked in the console that it was still importing even though it'd thrown an error. However I have no way to validate it imported successfully since I am updating existing records (reusing and forcing IDs). 

PS 1.7.3.1

PHP 5.6.35

Memory Limit 712MB

Max Execution 300 seconds

Upload Max File Size 1024MB

importerror2.png

importerror1.png

I was able to find this in the log:

[Fri May 04 08:27:09.624757 2018] [fcgid:error] [pid 460330] mod_fcgid: process /home/turbgbql/.system/fcgid/turboarmory.com.cgi(587361) exit(communication error), get unexpected signal 11

Running php 5.6 with zend_guard_loader and opcache. also the extensions listed in this screenshot

phpextensions.png.9118ed32a8b20255fdc786ec15c52258.png

• 2 weeks later...

NameCheap is now stating that they have a 30 second timeout on Apache that is causing this. Its because I'm on the shared hosting platform. Soooo, I was under the impression that each submission of 5 or 10 items to import was sort of its own timer and they didnt cumulatively reach 30 seconds. Also it appears to be sporadic when it is actually killed, often more than 30 seconds. 

Any ideas?

• 10 months later...