Prestashop 1.7.3.1 not saving products

duckdodgers

Hi there!

I'm getting quite desperate after finding out that my products are not getting saved on Prestashop 1.7.3. I have migrated all my data from a 1.6 installation without any errors and was quite happy with it until I found out about this (unfortunately too late). I have checked the forum and found some similar errors but nothing in particular.

The bug seems to begin when a product has combinations, anything that is entered on the product is not saved. Moreover, if the product has combinations, nothing is shown in the combinations tab (BO) although on the frontpage the combinations seem to be shown just fine. I tried to make a dummy order on one of the products which was created just fine, but then in the BO I found out that the order has no stock for that product combination.

When I try to save a product, a red popup comes up 'Unable to update settings'. If I deactivate the option 'product with combinations' it warns me that all combinations will be lost and then a green popup comes up 'Settings updated' and nothing is saved.

Does anyone have any clues?

products_page.png

product_page_combination.png

Hi and thanks for your tip. It also fixed my issue for products with combinations not being saved at BO. Unfortunately, I am unable to see other options in shop now. From three options I see only one and the rest is empty?

Could you help me? I am attaching screenshots for you and I run:

Prestashop 1.7.3.1

Server information

Server information Linux #1 SMP Sat Oct 22 08:06:13 EDT 2016 x86_64

Server software version: Apache

PHP version: 5.4.35

Memory limit: 256M

Max execution time: 90

Upload Max File size: 200M

Database information

MySQL version: 5.6.38

MySQL server: localhost

MySQL name: videopro_pres165

MySQL user: videopro_pres165

Tables prefix: psar_

MySQL engine: InnoDB

MySQL driver: DbPDO

Prestashop-1.7.3.1-Options-Issue---BOffice.jpg

Prestashop-1.7.3.1-Options-Issue---FOffice.jpg

Thanks a lot Rho_Bur for your reply. I am talking to my hosting company and they will update php to version 7. I hope that will do the trick. Thank you again and have nice rest of the weekend ;)

Hi, my hosting company updated php to version php7. They moved my server to a multiphp server environment and I was ask to allow php7 for a folder where my Prestashop installation is. I updated php for my whole domain(and therefore also for a folder in which Prestashop lives, but afterwards I can login to BO, but when I click on any of the buttons/tabs I get this error(Prestashop-1-7-3-1-Context-Error-Exception.png).

On logging in to BOffice I get also this error message: (Prestashop-1-7-3-1.png).

Line 439 classes.php:

return (bool) $this->handler->gc($maxlifetime);

I also copied this snipped of code to Prestashop's .htaccess as adviced by my hosting company:

# php -- BEGIN cPanel-generated handler, do not edit
# Set the “ea-php71” package as the default “PHP” programming language.
<IfModule mime_module>
  AddType application/x-httpd-ea-php71 .php .php7 .phtml
</IfModule>
# php -- END cPanel-generated handler, do not edit

Could you help? I tried to clear cache in my browser,but it did not help and I get error stated above.

Thanks

Jakub

Hi, my hosting company updated php to version php7. They moved my server to a multiphp server environment and I was ask to allow php7 for a folder where my Prestashop installation is. I updated php for my whole domain(and therefore also for a folder in which Prestashop lives, but afterwards I can login to BO, but when I click on any of the buttons/tabs I get this error(Prestashop-1-7-3-1-Context-Error-Exception.png).

On logging in to BOffice I get also this error message: (Prestashop-1-7-3-1.png).

Line 439 classes.php:

return (bool) $this->handler->gc($maxlifetime);

I also copied this snipped of code to Prestashop's .htaccess as adviced by my hosting company:

# php -- BEGIN cPanel-generated handler, do not edit
# Set the “ea-php71” package as the default “PHP” programming language.
<IfModule mime_module>
  AddType application/x-httpd-ea-php71 .php .php7 .phtml
</IfModule>
# php -- END cPanel-generated handler, do not edit

Could you help? I tried to clear cache in my browser,but it did not help and I get error stated above.

Thanks

Jakub

Prestashop-1-7-3-1.png

Prestashop-1-7-3-1-Context-Error-Exception.png

The permissions were changed as you mentioned, but still no luck to have it working. Combinations does not work. Only the first field from three fields of Combinations I created :( show some values and the rest is empty.

Kind Regards

Jakub

On 08/05/2018 at 12:46 PM, Jakub said:

The permissions were changed as you mentioned, but still no luck to have it working. Combinations does not work. Only the first field from three fields of Combinations I created :( show some values and the rest is empty.

Kind Regards

Jakub

the deeper I'm in prestashop the more I think that this cms is a not working piece of crap... forum is dead as well

Prestashop now seems to be alright. Maybe it was my fault after all. When I was creating combinations I selected only certain combinations from the list AND NOT ALL OF THEM. That seems to be a problem(or a bug)? In my case I wanted to select only combinations which will have affect on price as some of combinations would not affect the price, but when I selected just some(an not all of the combinations from the list) Prestashop generated combinations for me and I could update their prices as needed, but in Front End I could select only from one(combinations) drop down menu and the rest was empty. That's now sorted if I select ALL COMBINATIONS AT THE BACK END and hit GENERATE button, PShop will generate all possible combinations and all is well. I hope this will help someone.

Thanks for your help everyone from Prestashop team and everyone else involved :).

Kind Regards

Jakub

• 5 months later...

Hello

I'm facing the same issue with my Prestashop 1.7.3.2.

When I'm trying to save my edited products, a pop-up appears with message "unable to update settings" (screenshot as reference). 

I follow all the suggestions here but still not fix the issue.

Thus, I really appreciate your advice to help me fix this issue. Thank You.

image.png.a85ea35a3ed330a10e02f5406aea1c8f.png

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi
Same problem here without having combinations, fresh 1.7.6.1 install

Can't save any products, file permissions are fine

Getting crazy, just started a site and need to add 180 Products

Just checked two more sites and same story..

Please any suggestions

Thanks

Regards

Frankie

Error.jpg

Edited by GrooviestG
more information (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...